Important Freakshow breeding info. Plus bonus Multileaf mutant info

I did a punnets square by hand. Yes, even with the Freakshow male only having the 1 copy of the Xf by F2 25% of females should be freaky.

Since I am trying to pool 3 different recessive mutations, Freaky leaves, Willow bud structure, and auto flowering, only 1/4^3 or 1/64 will have both. So to end up with both a male and a female I would need to pop 128 seeds to have a 50% chance of getting both a male and female triple mutant. Pop 256 for 75%chance….

Now fortunately, if I get a male triple mutant, but no female, I can save the pollen frozen till the female triple pops up. But no dice if I only get the female.

All my odds would be better if I had started with a female Freakshow, but I only had the pollen available, plus the “willow” came out of @Mr.Sparkle ’s CinderEvil which is fem. So no chance of using a female Freakshow anyways…

:point_up_2:is for Female Freakshow x Male auto flower. Does not consider the willow mutation at all. And I did not diagram the F1, this is for the F2.

15 Likes

hmmm. I was thinking the F2 females would be 50% 1 copy of the Xlinked gene, and 50% lost it completely. I could be thinking it wrong tho. If you planted all your F1 seeds, it might be worth keeping a clone or revegging your favorite F1 female just in case you lose anything, so you can always backcross to her.
Oh and good luck.

5 Likes

These are so close to chopping. I hate to cut them down because they’re so cool looking. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

According to this

If it inherits this way, even if you don’t find a freaky male in the F2’s, if you have a freaky male from a previous or following gen, then you could always use that with whatever carrier girl you get in the outcross in order to bring the freaky back as you’d have an affected father and a carrier mother. That should boost the numbers up to 50% or so freaky male and females, meaning the next incross with the right freaky parents should be 100% freaky again. :thinking:

8 Likes

That’s a gorgeous plant man. Otherworldly. :+1:

2 Likes

sweet. I thought about doing something in paint to get an image of that to post accompanying(spell check says thats a word) the link, but I never did.

I think its that X-linked recessive, plus a regular recessive. So you still have to sprout a bunch of F2s. Luckily you can tell when they are tiny. So I use 72 seed gardening trays. I really haven’t tracked numbers well enough. I also realize I was wrong when I previously said the round leaf multileaf shows up rarely in F2. I am finding lots. I vaguely remember pulling most of the round leaf plants when I pulled the regular looking seedlings, then I forgot about it. My stonerness has made a mess of this thread plenty of times.

I dont think I’ll be doing the outdoor multifreak thing this year. I tried planting a bunch of F2s right in the holes, and it didn’t go well. Freakshows are a little sensitive at first. I’m leaning towards working that cross better over the next year, then doing a proper outdoor run of multifreaks next year. If I rush it like this, it’ll just be a pollen chuck. I dont wanna do that.

I am probably going to run autos mostly, and some round leaf multifreak females on the side. I’m also talking to a friend who might run the regular multileafs when I do the germ test very soon. They are on deck.

7 Likes

It gets confusing because it sort of alternates whos missing it, males or females, each generation. But one thing is for sure. However you cross it, those F1 females have the goods hidden in there. Thats why I said it might be a good idea to save one just in case.

5 Likes

basically, I didn’t end up with enough plants, and in Michigan, I should already be in the ground if I was gonna do it. I did save a few to check out, but I want to go way bigger so I have a better population.

Here are some pics. The ones with the smaller leaves I think are round leaf multifreaks.

Its like the teeth from freakshow become the whole leaf, and its preposterous. I budded one out already and it grows like a shrub because of the tiny leaves. The side branches repeatedly outgrow the center making it shrub out even harder.

This is pure novelty at this point. But probably a necessary ingredient for what I wanna do. I only grew the one so far, so we’ll see if they all grow like that. I seeded the first one with a more standard looking freakshow with some extra fingers. But he didn’t look like he had any round genes per say. I only got a small sample of a couple dozen viable looking seed because I got impatient and cramped on space. She revegged ok just in case. So did the girl with the best multifreak leaves from my previous pictures.

I managed to save 6 possible regular multifreaks too, but they are beat up right now.

21 Likes

Yes recessive sex trait on X chromosome.

1 Like

Wonder what else is tied to that trait :thinking:

2 Likes

Something unique is always waiting to be discovered, just matter of being willing to look.

1 Like

Deleted the link

Only 32 out of 132 multileafs sprouted. I’m sure some stragglers would have come up eventually, but as far as regular speed germination, that’s what came up. I used seed starter trays with coco and seed starter which usually works pretty good. That’s a lot of improvement, but still pretty horrible.

So, I’m considering what to do. My dude flaked out and isn’t running them outdoors either. I’m going to probably get some seeds out to some pre-chosen people here soon, and hopefully some of them have better luck making seeds that germinate better. Then I’m gonna probably throw the rest in the freezer instead of the fridge for a few months. I just don’t want to send out tons of packs of seeds that don’t sprout well, but I also don’t want to be a hoarder. I have been hesitant to release it before I could hopefully sell some seeds, but oh well, I’m not going to wait forever. I’m going to work crosses instead of running them again(because I’m scared the same thing will happen again), so I guess it is what it is.

13 Likes

I think that’s just the reality of mutants for now. They are a little difficult to germinate. ABC and Freakshow can be kind of difficult to germinate as well. I suspect out of those 32 you’ll find 4-5 standout boys and girls to keep going.

Was there an emphasis to run them outdoors for any particular reason?

2 Likes

The seeds I originally received germinated great. I suppose they could have been pre-stratified. The reason to let my friend run them outdoors was that it makes a ton of seeds for basically free. I don’t want to devote more electric bills to them hoping for a new outcome. I also wanted to run them outdoors because they’ll probably look cooler simply by growing faster and throwing more fingers.

4 Likes

Ahh I see. That makes a lot of sense. I’ve been trying to get an outdoor spot for a while now. I think it’s going to take me all summer to get a spot but I’m hoping it will be ready for next year.

I definitely know how it is with the electric bills. Being able to use the sun for light is a huge asset to any plant.

1 Like

Aloha you guys. Sorry for just jumping on this thread. I have three Freakshows that I pollinated and wondering why the seeds are bulging out of the calyx like there ready but they are still white. I know I got seeds that were white from humboldt but I don’t wanna ruin this. Any signs to know if there ready

1 Like

The best I can say, is to let them go as long as you possibly can. They do get veins like a regular seed, and sense they are so exposed, you can see it sometimes on the plant.

Haha @RandomHumanoid you beat me to it! I was just going to respond and say basically the same thing.

@Ronsonmatsuo4 - I am currently flowering out Humboldt’s Supafreak as well as a BerryFreak. I’ve bred with them a couple of times now and I can say it’s quite interesting how the seeds develop! When the seed begins forming you actually see the seed husk forming. As the plants continue to develop flowers what you’ll find is that the calyx eventually surrounds the seed. It’s just very odd because it develops in an ‘open’ way where the seed is completely exposed until the end of flowering. This is just my observation. Additionally the Freakshow lines do produce these huge round white seeds. The large white seeds are similar to ABC in that they are sometimes delicate to germinate. The seed husk is incredibly thick and sometimes you literally have to crack them open to get them to germinate. That said, they can be vigorous if you have the right environment.

If you’d like, I can post pictures of my seeded BerryFreak and then show how the seeds turned out. I could also show photos of the Supafreak too. I will say I have seen some smaller yielding phenos where the seeds aren’t completely enveloped. My phenos though all yielded well so they enveloped the seeds. I have to be careful when grinding up the buds so that my grinder doesn’t obliterate the seeds. Gotten good at finding them cause well… who wants to smoke seeds. Gross.

5 Likes

I’ve found plants that cover the seeds better too, and some that are horrible about it. So its probably not a fixed trait, but its in there. I think you can tell by how the pistols form. It seems like plants that throw pistols in crazy directions tend to have loose light buds and exposed seeds. It also seems like those plants throw tricomes all over the leaves, because they dont have enough bud space to place them. I have 1 of each out there now, so I got some pictures to compare.
plant 2 has the weirdo pistols, loose buds, and tricomes on the leaves. It is not ideal. Maybe for hash, but I doubt the leaf trics make up for the lack of bud trics. I’ve seen the same correlation indoors. I didn’t seed these, but I’m pretty confident what woulda happened with the seed covers if I had.
The more normal one in the first 2 pictures. One picture is obviously a little older than the other one

And a goofy one

I should have pointed out that these are multileafXfreakshowF2s that had extra fingers on the leaves off the main stalks, but not all over. I gotta do some stuff, but I’ll post more pics tonight.

16 Likes