Important Freakshow breeding info. Plus bonus Multileaf mutant info

Nice to see some different Freakshows. I love those outdoor bushes! Wow…

I’m just finishing two small plants indoors. These smell like over ripe melon and musk. Looks like they have a couple more weeks to go at least.

How does the Freakshow smoke? We need a report. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can confirm that Freakshow pollen on something else will give you 100% normal F1

I did Freakshow pollen on the willow pheno of @Mr.Sparkle ‘ s CinderEvil auto. Got about 25 seedlings from the cross running at satellite outdoor garden. However 3/25 have been self-topping. The only irregularity I have spotted.

6 Likes

Fasaction is awesome i got 4 plants doin that right now

1 Like

@PetalPowerseed
I saw you mention you are making an auto-freak. Me too :wink:

What were your thoughts regarding the best auto to pair it to? On one hand, since FS is a slow starter/grower you might want to use a longer running XL auto to give it some time to build size. On the other hand crossing to something that packs mass on quickly may help give it a kick in the rear! Plus result in a shorter generation time.

Mostly I am just looking to spitball ideas!

Here are a bunch of Freakshow seedlings from my 1st gen past what you sent me. (If you look closely you can see some bubblegum volunteers… yay for recycling soil!)

And SupaFreak running for seed increase. Gifted to me by @repins12, I think from @corey’s (RIP) group buy in seed run. (Plus a G-Lo from @ReikoX from the half that were not auto’s, should be Pp fast finish, gonna pull it before the spunk starts flying)

12 Likes

Couple of freaks…

13 Likes

More…

17 Likes

its a long standing project and I am trying to fix vigor issues first with an f2 and the heavy selection but I like the Idea of a long veg auto . My other idea was i have a pack of 24 caret from mephesto to cross with it. short frost plants would be good for hiding too.

7 Likes

That multileaf looks alot like Australian bastard

5 Likes

The round leaf one sure does look like abc. But it’s not. I thought maybe the person I got them from got cross pollination, but I dont think so anymore. Its part of it somehow.
-Some spikes on some leaves on some regular multileaf plants looked round leafish(like theres only some round leave genes expressing)
-The round leaf male X regular multileaf produces half round leaf offspring, but,
when I F2 multifreak the round leaf showed up about a dozen times out of 350 seeds. Meaning there were probably already some round leaf genes in the regular multileafs
-The F2 multifreaks have more extra fingers if there are some visible round leaf genes in there

So, this summer I’m gonna let some round leaf multifreaks pollenate some non round leaf multifreaks outdoors. That should take the freak cross to the same state as the regulars (50/50 multi to round leaf). Then to keep it in that state should be as easy as always using a round leaf to pollenate non round plants.

I have my first set of seed trays germinating. Then I’ll probably reset them with more multifreaks. Then I’ll reset them with the original multileafs to check germination rate. They’ve been in the fridge for a few months now, so should be good. It would have been nice to get them out in time for this seasons outdoors, but I think the seeds will be better off for the wait.

I think the multifreaks will look way cooler outdoors. With multileaf the faster they are growing, the more spikes show up. So I should have some really cool pics this summer

18 Likes

That is super cool looking would love to see where this project goes im following along

2 Likes

Those multifreaks are sooo interesting! The expressions are definitely unique.

Can’t wait to see what they turn into over the summer! Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you know if anyone has done a study on the chloroplast count in freakshows?
:test_tube: It seems possible that because of the unique leaf structure, in order to compensate for a lower total leaf surface area, that they have a higher chloroplast count than non freakshows.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I dont know about chloroplast, but freakshow is on the phylos galaxy. Its a shame they quit testing for the public before anyone got abc or multileaf on there. multileaf has some medicine/cleaning chemically type terps. Some lip balm ones too. The multifreaks so far are coming out as a blend of that with skunk from freakshow.
Oh and some freakshows can have wide leaves. I think they are mostly thin because of all the sativa in it, and how it was selected. The wider leaf ones so far seem to have more coverage on the seeds but its a small sample size so far. Also the pistols aren’t going in all directions anymore. I wonder if my original freakshow seeds just came off a plant with weirder buds or something.

6 Likes

That’s the only strain other than White crack I’m still hunting from Mephisto just got some strawbba the Hutt and sour stomper x dg and hubbabubbahaze x livers bx as freebies but I got 5 of each so loving it

1 Like

So you might be excited by this. I am going to try to make a reg version. So @DougDawson is doing a bog run. I was going to take his pollen and dusting a a 24k plant. 24k is based on bogs work so really it would just be a reintroduction on the y. If Mephisto has retired it I don;t see the harm in keeping her going as a reg line.

6 Likes

They retired 24k? It’s the one strain of theirs other than White crack n purple nuggets I have really wanted to try and dammit it’s a pure indica and I think it’d be AWESOME if you have a few Mephisto strains and would be interested in trading for a few of the ones I have and I just got some strawbba the Hutt (F1’s) Skywalker x strawberry nuggets and I have about 5-6 others and would love to see if you had any and any interest

2 Likes

I think they did. it was one of their firsts and I have only seen it it in crosses in the last year so I assume they are moving forward with other things by now just like their sweet tooth auto turned into Mango smile this generation. Autos tend to cluster in generations with them and I think 24k was last gen. When the time comes sure! but it will be at least a year before full autos are ready. I don’t even have the starter pollen from doug because he is still drying it it is so fresh.

2 Likes

I’m excited about the Strawbba the Hutt I got and I am curious about how they do being F1’s and I’ve never had any F1’s of Mephisto gear and I got 7 instead of 5 seeds and I am curious about how the Sour Stomper x Double Grape will be it’s a freebie I was given 3 of so I think that bog pollen and 24k have a possibility to be ABSOLUTE FIRE :fire:

1 Like

If you want to try and recover the freakshow trait, your F1 females “should” still have the required ingredients. If you do a fem cross. The males are probably missing a little something.

I go crazy trying to mentally walk thru what happens if you kept going with regular breeding. It makes my brain hurt. I think that the F1 males missing that gene results in F2 females being lacking. But there should be some full on freakshow males in F2. So you could take an F2 freakshow male and backcross him to an F1 female and get there. I think??? omg. lol.

I’m going to repost this awesome link with the best graph explaining how it works, in case anyone wants to check my math :slight_smile: It’s hard to think about when smoking
https://perinatology.com/Reference/glossary/X/X-linkedrecessive.htm

6 Likes

My freakshow is very skunky, and quite potent too. I was really enjoying it for like a month, but I eventually got sick of all the skunkiness. I still grab it once in a while to mix it up tho. I like that it doesn’t put you to sleep. But for a daytime type of smoke it does have some backbone too. I’m a lightweight microdoser type tho, who just usually takes a few hits periodically through out the day.

6 Likes