Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Goji f2 #1(muy Blanco) Day 46f

@ramblinrose

23 Likes

What? Are you serious, dude? You canā€™t be serious. Youā€™re letting these dipshits get to you? Fuck ā€˜em. Ignore ā€˜em. Who gives a fuck about them?

If we bounce (and I fully understand your irritation and annoyance with these idiots haha), they win. Letā€™s just stay here and grow our weed and throw it in their faces.

Unless youā€™re talking about meā€¦ haha. If thatā€™s the caseā€¦ Shitā€¦ Didnā€™t realize I was THAT much of an asshole haha.

Come on, dude. Donā€™t bounce.

16 Likes

Do not let the rotten fruit on the ground, ruin your experience in this beautiful orchard. Your diligence and willingness to share your perspective is much appreciated. Simply scroll past the detritus and carry on with your day.

13 Likes

Daaang thats lookin awesome man! Mine never got that frosty. Bet its smellin great - always had a nice overripe sweet berry thing that turned towards OG.

10 Likes

All the best, man.

Seems like a bit of an over reaction, to me though. This is a pretty big site. I am the quintessential, cane waving codger, and I can find plenty of places here with folks and info I like, and I donā€™t have to interact, or pay attention to the dolts.

I would miss seeing your work.

12 Likes

I agree! I really enjoy your updates, grow logs, and vibrations. It would be a shame to lose you on this site. I get it though! The internet is heartless, but there are definitely a bunch of people on here that Iā€™ve laughed with/at and learned from. There is always the ignore button which I havenā€™t used yet, but may be a good time. Either way good luck and happy growing!

12 Likes

Itā€™s easy to get frustrated by social media these days, thatā€™s for sure. I donā€™t really use any social media for anything but weed-related stuff, so I get what youā€™re saying, the Facebook and Twitter chat-chit, memes, seed-giveaways, and false information is not what I come to Overgrow for. Though I do appreciate a well used and humorous meme. Probably a good time to take a break though and just focus on your garden. I know thatā€™s where I devote my energy when Iā€™m feeling discouraged.

Another way to look at it though, is that youā€™re providing good links and info for other members and newbies, when youā€™re refuting bad info. When you can provide sources, with links, versus someoneā€™s anecdotal experience, it gives others a chance to learn (hopefully). I know I remembered some stuff that I had forgotten when you reposted Cootā€™s info the other day.

Just from personal experience, I havenā€™t noticed any benefit from Bio-Char either, but thereā€™s too many other factors involved for me to do any kind of scientific exploration with controls and such, Iā€™m just trying to grow good cannabis, and if I can do that with less, I will.

Would hate to see you go, especially your gorgeous photos!

12 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s an overreaction. I mean, what? Some dipshit said some shit you donā€™t agree with, so now youā€™re just taking your ball and going home? Fuck that.

I havenā€™t logged onto FB in weeks, nor IG. I do, however, check out Twitter first thing every morning (I donā€™t have an account or a profile or whatever, I just check it out haha) so I can see what everybodyā€™s ā€œOUTRAGED!ā€ about today. As much as I despise social media, doing that kind of offers some perspective. Iā€™ll look for maybe three minutes and be like,ā€Jesus, how do these assholes have the energy for thisā€¦?ā€ haha. ā€œSame people complaining about the same things every. Fucking. Day. And none of them are doing anything about it. Theyā€™re just tweeting.

Iā€™m gonna take my dog for a walk.ā€ Hahaā€¦

Anyway, Iā€™ll just tag @syzygy one last time and say,ā€Donā€™t let the dipshits get to you.ā€ Theyā€™re dipshits, dude! Who cares?

9 Likes

Itā€™d be a shame to see you go @syzygy youre one of the dudes doing it right here, and if we loose too many of the people here for the right reasons all that will be left are the ones here for the wrong reasons. Just my 2 cents, itā€™s be a sadder place without you in my eyes, hope that you can find a balance that works for you and keeps you a part of the community :heart::v:t2:

9 Likes

Aww man donā€™t let the drama get to you! Itā€™s hard to take the bs with a grain of salt sometimes, but I hope you stick around!

8 Likes

Well, Iā€™m gonna stand by this comment of ā€œI hope you do!ā€ so as to hopefully raise your spirits! Even if it is futile at this point. Seriously man, Iā€™ve enjoyed lurking your thread and watching your grows and seeing your amazing pics. Your grows are literally inspiring. Youā€™ve dropped all kinds of knowledge along the way. Thanks for sharing and I really hope you feel like posting more again in the future

13 Likes

Wanted to give you a little update

day 21 flower just cleaned up and defoliated the tent looking good as far as stability :crossed_fingers:so far havenā€™t seen any sacks starting to put off some smells and starting to stack one is a super squat viney thing that barley stretched reminds me of my #5 pheno of the ssdd bx other 2 varying degrees of stretch one similar to my stretchy pinesol pheno of old soul(back left)cant wait to see how they start to develop later in flower thanks again :pray:t2: @syzygy

23 Likes

Everything is looking very healthy and uniform! I think with the SSDD mom around week 5 the blueberry muffin smell starts to come in but quickly becomes overshadowed by rubber. Frosty stems early on are another thing to look out for, probably around week 4-5 as well. The SSDD is pretty stretchy as well post flip for me. No idea about the Goji male.

week 4 frost on stems starting to develop

Deleted the previous 2 posts. Not because anything has changed but because everyone who may have been curious why there are no updates has already read it. Feel like the synchronicity of recent unfolding in the general threads has made my point and kind of do all the talking.

Thanks for the kind words as well as always posting stuff from discord and about seed drops. I donā€™t really check the websites and am not on discord so to me all that stuff has been very useful. Also a big fan of what youā€™re doing with the Blue Sunshine. Pollen chucking keeps this hobby so fun and that seems like a cool candidate to use as the pollen donor!

On the topic of seed posts, the ones Iā€™ve found annoying personally have been the people who havenā€™t even grown bodhi gear before but are constantly teasing rare seeds of questionable authenticity that they bought from a reseller. Taking it one step further milking the prospect of doing some kind of giveaway despite never having grown the strain(s) to know if itā€™s even worth doing a repro. Not reviving anything started by @minitiger, itā€™s just zero usefulness to the rest of us and to me appears buying or even maintaining a ā€˜repā€™ is the primary end-goal here. Not against the rules, not my fight and all that but did want to put thoughts out there on the next point.

To me speculation about the potential outcomes of currently available seeds and seeking help in choosing varieties is pretty normal stuff that I assume most of us do to some extent. It would be a shame if people felt uncomfortable discussing currently available seeds and seeking advice because to my mind thatā€™s actually relevant to most of us.

20 Likes

Thats maybe the most OG pheno Ive seen pop out of Goji. Stellar find.
Is she still around?

3 Likes

There was one kinda brown root sticking out the cube when I put it in a solo this WeekendšŸ¤ž. The only #1 cut. Maybe a reveg when done? Universe willing, she will be around.

^^ Goji #3 much skinnier leaves and a sweeter smell than the #1 thereā€™s also a #2 with skinny leaves and fatter flowers that looks at least 3 weeks away. Btw Iā€™m calling #1 the white hoping to find out that I stumbled on one of Bā€™s Goji f2 keeper phenos.
Edit: Goji #2

19 Likes

Looking like candy my guy. Nice work, and great info!

2 Likes

Goji OG f2 Day 56 with what seems to be weeks still to go. Extremely frosty with a musky dank smell that seems to getting louder every time I open the tent! At the same time if you give her a stem rub she has a slight dill pickle scent and if you brush a bud you get a strong tootsie roll chocolate scent! The smells are strange but Iā€™m into it and sheā€™s got some color!

25 Likes

Nice totem pole growth there! Whatā€™s the backstory on these Goji F2s : co-op box, another member, or did you make them? Interested to hear if they have the uplifting mood-enhancing effects.

8 Likes

These beans came from the most recent co-op and Iā€™ll let ya know how she smokes once we get there!

6 Likes

A continuation of earlier posts on my path forward : Iā€™ve been thinking lately about how a few of the grows I started have fizzled out with nothing to show for it. For example Spirit HP was all males and I culled the entire pack of FieldTrip (GSC x SSDD) which ended that project on the spot.

Going to try to message myself in order to keep a semi-organized log & notes. Feels like itā€™s necessary to do a live update in order to keep things organized. Looking back at some of the old grows which were just a DCIM folder dump and to me that isnā€™t very useful.

I will likely edit ā†’ select + copy paste the messages that I make into a new thread assuming there is a level of success worth posting about. Maybe just dump it into this thread. Way too early to speculate about all of that.

Question for those familiar with the messaging system here : Is there a way to add people to private messages (post-creation of the message) and do they have the ability to read old posts in the message?

11 Likes