Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 3)

Welcome to OG @Vegabom ! good to have you here ! bet you`ll have a great time here! :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Hello everyone I’m Automan, long time lurker of the forum, finally joined. Looking to learn and network.

Glad to see lots of Canadians on the forum

12 Likes

First green pip from me lol, welcome to OG Automan👍.

Got any work around for Android auto not working on my Samsung phone, other than changing the phone, just got a new carolla x hybrid and can’t get my phone to connect with it, googles last update on android auto has screwed a lot of new Samsung phones :confounded: I can’t get any other auto apps to load on the car either.

5 Likes

I should have mentioned the “auto” in my name is because of autoflowers lol.But I might be able to help you troubleshoot. What apps are you trying to connect and what errors are you getting?

Are you having issues with bluetooth?

8 Likes

Welcome to OG @automan321.

7 Likes

Lol I should have realized.

I have tried a few different apps like Waze, Auto Zen, Auto Mate, I was going to try car home ultra next, but I am not sure if the car is only compatible with android auto.

My wife’s Motorola phone gets everything working OK, the Toyota app on my phone works OK. There are so many Samsung users complaining with the same problem at the moment, I am hoping Google will do a bug fix soon.

I have no problem getting a Bluetooth connection just getting any auto app to load on the cars screen. The phone is only 10 months old and android auto is pre installed, so I can’t even drop it back to an earlier edition that had no problems as some users are suggesting.

3 Likes

You might be able to install an older version if you find an .apk file for it. If you have another android phone (one that you’re not using) try the apk there first then install it on your newer phone.

4 Likes

Cheers man, I have a couple of old phones I can try :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @automan321!

4 Likes

Welcome @automan321 , maybe Otto Mann from the Simpsons grows auto’s too? :smile:

6 Likes

There is an app on google play called auto companion…
Might want to go through this…@Shadey

2 Likes

Big warm welcome to OG @automan321 :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

welcome to OG @automan321 !!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

5 Likes

Welcome to overgrow @automan321, nice to meet you.:peace_symbol:

7 Likes

Cheers @globalhead.

I went to Samsungs site last night, I had one of their techies remote connect to my phone, I did see Android auto on the phone when he was flashing through loads of files. He re sett the phone back to default for the apps. I just need to dig the car out of 3 ft of snow from yesterday so I can get in it to test whether it worked or not.

6 Likes

Welcome to OG !! @automan321
:seedling:

3 Likes

Welcome @automan321 this is the greatest weed forum on the web.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @automan321 :v:

6 Likes

Welcome to OG, @automan321! Pot leaf hopper

5 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I don’t recall receiving so many hellos and welcomes in my life lol

8 Likes