Ipm recipes and schedules

Any citrus works lemons have the most citric acid oranges will do fine though @Dr.VitaminGreen

5 Likes

Thank you! I might do a combo of lemon orange lol

3 Likes

@NorthNorthNugs not an immediate fix as it take awhile to make but the citrus ferment recipe I posted above is a homemade dr zymes like spray works great against pests

4 Likes

Hereā€™s Bob Hemphills IPM spray recipe for foliar application only. I wrote this down awhile ago and just found it in my notes and figured it would be a good place to post it along with yours @DesertHeartGardens which is also a great recipe.

• 1 teaspoon eucalyptus essential oil
  • 1 teaspoon peppermint essential oil
  • 1 teaspoon rosemary essential oil

*Mix together then add 1/2 tsp to this:

• 1000ml warm water
  • Ā½ teaspoon organic liquid soap
  • 1oz 99% alcohol (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

• Mix all 3 essential oils together in a small bottle and shake well.
  • Scoop up Ā½ teaspoon of this mixture and add to 1000ml of warm water
  • Add Ā½ teaspoon of organic liquid soap to emulsify the solution
  • Spray on affected plants in the late evening to deter the pests
  • Clean the plants off with a yucca, aloe, coconut water mixture a week later
  • Then after another week spray your plants down with a micronized sulfur solution

BOOM! Mad preventative

10 Likes

Thanks for the share will have to give this one a try :+1: love to hear how everyone else deals with pests @NorthNorthNugs

1 Like

This is the one! Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Mixed up the hot pepper/garlic recipe last night.

Tried to strain it through a coffee filter. Clogged right away. Tried a milk filter; same. Had to pour it through a mesh strainer first then through a coffee filter. Still took awhile, but it worked.

Finished product :arrow_down:

Then did 2 oz in half gallon and sprayed my strawberries and beans. Having a plague of Japanese Beetles this year. I tried a Dr. Bronners spray and it had no effect on them. Hopefully this does.

They were destroying the blueberries, but they seem to have moved on from them.

12 Likes

That is legit a plague lol, thatā€™s a crazy looking swarm

2 Likes

Jeez thatā€™s a lot of beetles hopefully it helps rid of those fuckers

2 Likes

There were literally probably 1,000 on my row of strawberries yesterday. I kill as many as I can by hand, but I have to go to work too. Ha!
That middle picture is a pile of dead beetles that I caught in the bag traps. I didnā€™t want to use them because I had always heard that they just attract more beetles, but I figured I had so many and they were destroying so much that it wouldnā€™t make much difference and I had to try something.

7 Likes

Finally got some lemons so I could make the Dr. Zymes substitute. Gonna start with a half recipe this time and see how it goesā€¦

12 Likes

Thank you for sharing these recipes @DesertHeartGardens !

How long have you found these to last after making them? Iā€™ll definitely be whipping up some of your Dr Zyme substitute. Think an instant yeast would work OK?

Thanks!

Instant yeast works good :+1: stored for about a year sealed in fridge before it starts to lose potency @CruJones

2 Likes

Quick question. What would be the best recipe for getting rid of mites on my flowering plants? Is there any way to get the first recipe to form faster, I worry in that 2.5 weeks Iā€™d have a full blown infestation :grimacing:

2 Likes

I have yet to deal with spider mites Iā€™ve heard they can be tricky I believe a better person to talk to for that would be @JoeCrowe hes got a protocol for eradication @Heather420 and no way to speed the process you could buy some dr zymes but depending on how infested might not be strong enough

4 Likes

hereā€™s a recipe that was given to me by a plant biologist I met the other day, said to be good for a broad spectrum of pests-

Per one gallon of water add:

3 tsp of baking soda
4 tsp of mineral oil
1/2 tsp of horticultural/insecticidal soap (dish soap works good too)

Suggested use was once per week when having issues, or if having heavy problems then 2x per week for the first few weeks, before tapering off back to 1x

2 Likes

Yah for the spider mites I usually just make some clean clones and start over. The ravaged garbage buds can be made into hash or edibles.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve never gotten a clone to successfully root. Iā€™ve tried a few methods and they always fail. I had a few branches in some water and they stayed alive for months but never grew any roots. Right now Iā€™ve got the limbs that were broken off, Iā€™m trying to get those to root but not having luck still

3 Likes

I use a rubbermaid with an air pump to root the clones. No rooting hormones required!

5 Likes

I am with @JoeCrowe here!
My brothers grow had some serious mite issues.
Tried almost every natural mite killer I could find over 7/10 days. Nothing helpedā€¦
Until, I tried Dr. Zymesā€¦ Killed those little sharts quickā€¦
100% believe in this product.
I will be trying @DesertHeartGardens Citrus ferments soon.
Thank you for passing on the knowledge :call_me_hand:
The buds were toast.
Luckily, I was able to hit a few branches with pollen to make a few seeds.
The buds had Zero bag appealā€¦and the smoke was not the best but the high was impressive for such a beat up product.
Hash and edibles it wasā€¦
Have been all over @JoeCrowe posts sinceā€¦ Awesome info, Thanks! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes