Ipm recipes and schedules

How did yours turn out? Did it end up developing the pellicle?

@DesertHeartGardens I was trying to decide if I needed to add something like a zip lock bag of water on top to keep the lemons submerged. I couldn’t tell from your photo if you were doing that or not.

Didn’t have brewers yeast on hand so ended up using some wine yeast so we’ll see how that works. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

10 Likes

Yes, then it dissolved. Then it sort of formed again before I strained it and added vinegar.

3 Likes

Exactly what mine does if you leave to continue to ferment it will turn into lemon vinegar :+1:

3 Likes

That yeast should work good you do need to cover with paper towel or cheese cloth or you will end up with a larvae And fruit fly breeding station

3 Likes

I have a lid that fits that pot so I’m going to see if that works. But I was really unsure if the lemons needed something on top to weigh them down so they ferment beneath the surface but it sounds like it turns out just fine if they are floating on top.

1 Like

Got mine going , thanks @DesertHeartGardens

6 Likes

Haha, it’s Dr Zymes day over here too. Thank you @DesertHeartGardens for the recipe

5 Likes

Ok so three weeks later this is what my Dr Zymes jar looks like. Does this look as expected @DesertHeartGardens ? I haven’t added the ACV yet.

9 Likes

Looks good you could possibly go a extra week and let brown more but that would be fine to strain and would still be effective :blush: @CruJones

4 Likes

@LegsMahoney 2nd recipe

1 Like

Super cool post!! Thank you!! :green_heart: 🪴 :seedling: :herb:

1 Like

Awesome! So not a ferment, o guess you could call a boiled/strained mixture like that an extraction though in some sense of the word right?

1 Like

I’d say a extraction it allows the capsaicin to blend be cohesive throughout the mixture when boiled works great as a preventative been using it for both my indoor and out with good success

2 Likes

Next to the Yeast on the recipe what does it say? It’s blurry for me. Bread?

Any suggestions for septoria?