Iss regulars?

Hello everyone, my first post here after lurking for a while (thank you to everyone for your valuable info!)

Been around for a minute but new to this side of the aisle. I’m working on preserving some of my favorite strains (pretty much regular seeds only) for the future when I get some more land, but cannot seem to find ISS regulars ANYWHERE besides one listing on seedly.

I just wondered if there were any seed banks or folks I might have missed in my initial search?

I tried to read through and make sure I was posting this in the right spot, but thanks in advance to anyone listening and to all the OG’s before me!

14 Likes

I made some Feminized seed of Island Sweet Skunk. Last grow. Check out my thread.
BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log
I gave all the seeds to my friend @JohnnyPotseed so he could sell. He is cheap tho. Check out his sale page.

19 Likes

Here is the link to his page
https://overgrow.com/t/johnny-potseeds-hall-of-genetics/

2 Likes

:point_up_2:This guy right here really good Beans I’m growing his Frankie’s and Ladies in red as we speak very very good beans.Johnny has a lot of cool stuff he has a good deal going on go check out the link above.

5 Likes

hi and welcome to OverGrow! I only have Fem ISS, sorry. Courtesy of @BigMike55. I’d suggest reversing one to get your pollen (fem pollen) to dust your other girls with.

4 Likes

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome, this site has a great vibe for sure.

Hope everyone had a great 420 as well!

@JohnnyPotseed I am very interested in preserving that strain!

To me it’s very nostalgic strain I would get a lot back when I was in high school along with the grapefruit and bubba to name a few others. But that ISS / Sweet Island had SUCH a unique taste and felt the “island” vibe of the strain really encapsulated it’s name.

This is going to show how new I am to this side of the aisle, but I didn’t realize you could reverse one! I was googling before I asked/responded but it looks like essentially you would obtain pollen (using colloidal silver?) from a female and can then use that to still obtain plants perpetually?

That was my only concern was not being able to continue to grow the strain again with fems if I couldn’t find them again, IE “one and done” unless you found another pack.

Still getting used to how the site works but I I am 100% scouting those beans out now if you have them!

1 Like

Either STS or CS works, cuz. Both in conjunction with each other is the primo method though. lol
Also, doing a reversal, you never have to worry about males, if you’re in a legal state with plant number restrictions.
Yes, I do have em. lol

7 Likes

I noticed you mentioned grapefruit ! Oni white grapefruit if your trying to source that strain fyi. Grapefruit terps through the roof.

1 Like

Hey there Mass Terpy! Welcome to OG. . I’m Rico with MaryJane Genetics. You may have seen me on Strainly, I have about 300 strains including Kyle’s Sweet Island Skunk. I’m impressed to say the least! I ran one fem in my last project and crossed her with a Freakshow male. Haven’t tested the f1 yet only a Afghani Bullrider Freakshow and it is the shit!!!. The mother Sweet Isl was frosty and solid as all get out! Let me know if there’s anything I can help you out with…- Rico

1 Like

Let me know how to dm you. I wouldn’t mind checking out some of your creations

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation, checking that out now.

I was under the impression that if I wanted to preserve genetics I should go for regular seeds (in order to breed / preserve) but with this reversal process does it boil down to how one prefers to do things, or in general are the regular seeds preferred but you use alternative methods (like reversing) when needed (like when they are harder to come by, in this case)?

Unrelated: There’s a guy on youtube I used to watch called TokinDaily and his theme song mentioned “shishkaberry pie”, & since then I have been looking all over Colorado to try to sample that Shishkaberry! heard great things but never actually tried it yet.

3 Likes

Just click on his pic and select message.

2 Likes

just click on my icon and hit ‘message’ cuz

Your in luck there’s a member here just in the process of making shiskaberry seed . Stick around pretty sure you’ll get the opportunity to score some.

9 Likes

Gee, lol…i wonder who that might be, cuz?!

I mean, since your name is ‘Shiskaberry Savior’:rofl: :crazy_face: :wink: :+1:

4 Likes

I prefer regular if I’m hunting moms but if your growing for bud fem is a no brainer when you get 70% males expecting more females makes for a skimpy crop.

4 Likes

I’m mostly into preserving the genetics so I can breed them later and either create them true to strain from seed or make some cool hybrids, so it’s hard to know because the end result is deff some nice buds to smoke & for extracts, but I also really want to be able to grow/preserve them, and breed different strains & pheno hunt later when I have a bit more land.

4 Likes

May want to drop into this thread, someone’s ahead of ya and they are “in the oven” so to speak

2 Likes

I’m running iss from next generation right now n having a hard time

2 Likes

Strange, I’m also running the same ISS (Federation) and have 2 in the budroom and 2 in the veg room. They’re MONSTERS! in the veg room both are over 7’, in the budroom I had to bend em over!
Got clones of em coming along also.
Oh wait, my bad cuz. I thought you were running the Federation. I see you said Next Gen.
lol my only excuse is too much Ganja…oh wait, scratch that! No such thing as ‘too much’! lol

9 Likes