Jelly's Cab Adventures

So I don’t know how well you can see it, but the tallest plant is 12" from the lights. The shortest ones are 16" from the lights.

3 Likes

And then… There were four.

Day 6F.
Two bagseed ended up showing bananas ALL over. They got the chop.

Current Status:
WWA = Female
1 of 2 SSH = Female
BagSeed I’ve named Terry = Female.

One of the SSH is late to it’s coming out party, this doesn’t surprise me as the last time I grew it, it was very slow to express gender. It’s probably going to be a female, it’s short and bushy.

Did some defoliation, nothing scientific, feels kinda random but I cleared some of the big fans outta bud sites way.

I’ve turned the lights down to about 280w from 300w, the 20w difference makes my cab temp stay below 80 and saves on fan noise lol. Technology is AMAZING ya’ll!

11 Likes

In preparation for installing my blumats tomorrow, I have watered the crap out of my plants tonight. This was accomplished by pouring basically 1/2 gallon of water through each of the four plants, slowly as to soak up as much water as possible. I had a large stock pot with a Tupperware plastic dish upside down in it, so that I could water while still allowing runoff.

Emerald harvest isn’t going to work for static resivoir. I left some out premixed in a closed container and two to three days later it had what looked like red algae and smelled horrible. So I will go back to my Jacks Classic because it does well in static resivoirs.

5 Likes

is that the jacks 20-20-20 or whatever? I’ve heard good things about that and it’s so cheap+large bag. will probably be either that or megacrop next time, a 22 pound bag is only $55 right now and my plants loved the sample bag

1 Like

It’s jacks 5-12-26, I use this and jacks 15-0-0 cal-nit

I personally after using jacks would recommend another brand, @Ttystikk has had great success using hydro-gardens products. They have more micros available and dissolve better.

I’m only gonna use what I have because I have so much of it left lol. A little goes a long way.

3 Likes

yes i probably missed it somewhere but what size are your pots?

1 Like

In previous grows I used 3 gallon rubber maids. This grow I’m using 4x 1gallon smart pots. I bought 4lb containers of jacks classic and jacks cal-nit.

So, I’m using an adaptation of a recipe I found on icmag (I can’t remember who or I’d give proper credit)

I’m using the following recipe. It’s basically the same Just half strength.
440g jacks classic to 1gal
290 cal-nit to 1gal
20ml of each stock solution per gallon of water.

4 Likes

i wonder if it’s like a modified lucas formula for jacks. i use the 1part maxibloom lucas formula but generally 1.5-2x strength :smiley: i feed full strength to germinate seedlings and go up from there

2 Likes

Yara makes a great calcium nitrate product. It’s the brand Hydro-Gardens supplies. They also sell Haifa brand MKP and epsom salt in bulk.

I find that Hydro-gardens mixes better, leaves less residual grit and they don’t use dyes. They make their own fertiliser mixes from the base chemicals, they have loads of them to choose from.

Just don’t ask the lady to get you voodoo juice. She’ll sic her cat on you!

3 Likes

yes greenleaf nutrients (makes megacrop) started out by knocking off other companies nutrient lines i think (they had own version of AN line, GH line, bud candy etc) but i believe now they are switching to just this 1 part fertilizer. it dissolves well also and is good in static resevoir/drip systems. but it’s brown and smells like actual shit lol so i think it might include some type of manure

@Jellypowered do you have any macro shots of the solstrip diodes ?

2 Likes

Sure don’t. Any specific reason you need one?

1 Like

not particularily was just curious and you happened to be online so i asked you lol i guess i could turn my lamp off myself to get 1 - durrr look at the time, my girls been sleeping for hours already! maybe tomorrow

2 Likes

Yeah my Lights were off too lol. well, still off until noon.

Last Night I got my 5 gallon black bucket reservoir prepped for the install of my blumats today. It called for a 12mm hole, but I used a my step bit and drilled to 15/32 and it made a good tight fitting seal. For added protection I put silicone caulking around the base on the outside just to make sure I didn’t have any leaks. Need to order the inline shutoff valve (actually, probably two of them) so I can easily do res changes and bleed air from the system.

So also, It’s super important to pre-soak your blumats. I have had these soaking for almost a full 24hrs.
I assembled them underwater, and used the disposable pipette to squirt any air bubbles out of them.

5 Likes

Where do I get this Fan?

1 Like

I got mine off Amazon for 89$ shipped. Search for AC Infinity t4 cloudline.

They also have a T6 and T8 for more monies.

1 Like

2 Likes

Psa: joanns has the eco-felt on sale till the 24th, almost half off per yard.

For those of you wanting to diy your own smart pots.

I don’t think i’m gonna be able to get the blumats installed tonight, my ankle is killing me. Weather is probably to blame, I had a real bad sprain when I was young and about every 3-4 months it flares up.

3 Likes

I think i’m gonna order this. One part mix, will make it so dead simple that even the wifey could mix up nutes.

When you used this how stable was your PH and such?

i hand water so i am not sure about ph swings or anything, but the nutrients brought my tap water to within an acceptable range for coco so i wasn’t adjusting it.

i do know there is lots of people on RIU using it including in hydro and with reservoirs and i heard it’s fairly stable and wasn’t an issue with drip lines or anything. the guy suggested maybe putting a filter on the pump just in case but it’s very soluble so prob isn’t necessary

one user running hydro stated it’s much better in his res than GH flora nova

1 Like

i asked a user (@HydroRed) if the PH was stable for him and his response is below

Response

its been very stable for me in tap water. I get just enough ph drift from 5.7-6.3 to cover all bases for nutrient uptake inbetween top offs. As for clogging lines or anything like that -none. I mixed up the initial amount to be used in my res all by itself in a 1 gal jug of water and it broke down like tea after about a 30-45 second shake-up. No granules,chunks,or anything like that. Theres literally nothing to block lines, drippers, pump filters etc. It runs like water. For my res top offs, I’ve been feeding full recommended strength at every res change (every 2 wks) then top off with only fresh pH adjusted water until the next res change. This method has been very rewarding for me so far in my hydro setup.
I also wanted to add that the salt buildup has been very minimal compared to any 3 part I’ve ever used.

edit: didn’t realize he was member here. hey @HydroRed - @Jellypowered here was the one wondering how megacrop performs in hydro/reservoirs

2 Likes