Joe’s odd grows

Latest of all that’s finishing up in this grow

New additions are oss 96 and twang twins

The big plant is a red Thai x Assam Hashplant that’s taking over the tent quickly. Glad almost everything is almost done and the new additions are just tucked away in the corner raised up to get that light since I had to Raise the lights so much because of the Thai plant.

5 Likes

Here’s my Burning Love no 1 taken down at 15 weeks and I think she coulda still gone at least one more week but either way she has turned into delightful medicine. Smell growing was of Perm hair Solution but after couple day cure it’s got a more floral hint of sweetness type of smell. The perm smell lingers in the background.
Soft floral tones and hint of frosting is the taste and was quite surprised by the flavor. High is on the lighter side but clear and functional. A few bowls in and nice energy flows throughout with a nice meditative mindset and good sense of well being. I got Burning Love no 2 still going and she is on 12 weeks of flower and calling her one of the green phenos. For BL 1 had some purple here and there.

10 Likes

Nice looking cola there. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! First one I have ever grown!! She sure is in the fluffy side though!!! 12:12 from seed and this was the result, one long bud on a stick. :grin::grin::grin::sun_with_face::raised_hands::sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Good job man. It almost looks like you messed around on OG and learned something. :wink:

1 Like

The way I see it, growing this plant will always be a learning experience. Just when you think you got her figured out she gots you!!! Let that sink in!
Anyways I roll with punches and along the way, learn a thing or two and what can I say, so far I feel on my way, learning more and more each day, just fortunate now to have seeds and time to play, LETS GROW!!!

4 Likes

If it was 12/12 just imagine if it was full vag grow. Nicely done.

1 Like

That’s awesome man!! I think those are the first FDA plants I’ve seen grown out. They look great man, excellent job. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Here’s Nick’s description of the BL #9:

Burning Love #9 F3
(Malawi + '99 NL) x (Swazi x '99 NL) x (Malawi x Swazi x Heirloom South Indian Sativa)

Pungency reminiscent of tropical skunk butt with mango/papaya & fermented/over ripe melon fruit baskets awash in undertones of hash, gasoline & earth. Big yielding, slightly Sativa dominant hybrid, stinker with good yields & a variable finish, true-breeding & potent with effects that are old school, trippy with good body, easy to grow.

A pheno hunters strain with good flexibility, longer flowering of 65+ days increases resin production & terp variation or intensity. I’ve produced some incredible variants with crosses of this strain.

Thanks for sharing those pics man, :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

4 Likes

@Guitarzan
Honestly I’m happy with what I got! It’s all in cure now! Here are some flower shots for all eyes to peer upon! I know I stayed holding the cola for a few minutes just marveling at her beauty. These sativas are a whole other world man! I find the high to be very clear, like you don’t notice you are high but you know are high lol
I can see this as being useful for spiritual or meditative practices no doubt. Very very clean come down, little to no exhaustion. I have another Pheno going and she is all green! Will post pics later when lights come on :call_me_hand:t4::sun_with_face::seedling::sun_with_face::purple_heart::sun_with_face::skunk::fire:

7 Likes

And here is Burning Love no 2 at 12 weeks and 6 days

I gotta say though that no 2 is probably the BL 9 in the description as the terps are more aligned with what’s described. I will add that the smell is putrid and personally reminds me of walking through an apple orchard and stepping on old brown rotting/fermenting apples. Oh and more frosty too!!!

5 Likes

Here is the burning Love after a few day cure, high is getting better! Now to keep it put away for a couple Weeks! :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Here is the RKS I had in my tent and I’m happy with how it turned out but gotta report that there is no skunk in this Pheno but it is still smelly to say the least. Growing it reminded me of a dirty diaper type smell. Well now after a one day cure, the smell is more of a sour funk, best I can describe is close to white vinegar with funky herbal notes.
As the pics show nice red hairs and decent crystal coverage. I did sample a small lower nug and it had a taste of rich earth!!! Very earthy tasting!!! High was surprising, it hit right behind the eyes and immediately brought down a couple levels. Eyes got red which don’t happen very often these days and the effects were that of a good indica, plain and simple! Nice indica effects! Now time for the cure to being out the sour notes more strongly I hope :crossed_fingers: and more complexity to the high. But as is, not bad Joe, not bad. That’s the RKS speaking lol :rofl::joy::rofl::sun_with_face::crystal_ball::sun_with_face:

The hunt for skunk shall commence…:skunk::skunk::skunk:

6 Likes

Anyone know what my plant is experiencing?
Soil mix is root organics original, happy frog and bottom third of pot amended with nature’s organic living soil. Only given water with a little cal-mag and Had had couple fpj feedings. Since she started growing leaves were doing this​:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging: Is it genetics? Or what else could be the culprit?

4 Likes

Have to do some research on that. That’s crazy man. Have you scoped your leaves for bugs? It kinda looks like russetts but more pronounced even. Crazy man.

1 Like

Thats crazy, can we get some closer pics? And pics of the bottoms of the leaves?

At the bottom it appears to have some normal growth?

1 Like

Lights are off at the moment but my grow is bug free As I Inspect regularly and I have noticed no bugs at all.
As @anon93244739 said there is actually a little bit of regular growth below but otherwise the whole plant is like this.
If it makes any difference I have read on forums before that Thai genetics can be finicky and this is a Red Thai x Assam Hashplant

2 Likes

With a scope?

@Badger No I haven’t but I get up in my plants business :joy: and when I gently tug on yellow leaves I do inspect them before I lay them down.
Don’t hurt to check with a scope which I do have but it’s worth noting no other plants did anything like this with same soil mixture
:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

@Badger @anon93244739
Here are them pics and no bugs to report. Although I saw this fine white smears here and there on the leaves and when I used a scope they looked like trichomes to me :flushed: they were trichomes. But No bugs

6 Likes

It would be weird for them to hit a plant like that, but I had to pry a bit. That’s some crazy curl.

Maybe the supersoil is too hot, how long have they been in that? Some landrace strains don’t need many nutes.

3 Likes