Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 2)

Dang, did I say that?
Y’all are a bad influence!

5 Likes

Morning Johnny boy and the rest of you OGers from a new nondisclosed new location using someone else’s internet (cause I ain’t got none yet).

8 Likes

I just took a nice dab of Frankenstein, I’m pretty well fried right now. I may have to go lay down and think about this.

7 Likes

Are these Frankenstein’s balls?

3 Likes

Looks like you gotta proud boy there cuz! but that’s to be expected in regular seeds. there’ll be an occasional boy
I’d collect the pollen to use in other crosses or seed run to insure you keep plenty of the strain

If you don’t get rid of them fan leaves, it’s gonna be rough to collect the pollen. I usually just cut the plant, defoliate all the leaves that’ll block the pollen, stick it in a jar of water leaning over some parchment paper. and tap it now and then to get the pollen onto the paper. Make sure no breeze/fan, and let it dry right there.

10 Likes

Oh yea not a problem just getting a second opinion thanks
I checked 3 and 1 was female that’s only 7 days since I flipped them seemed almost to quick to show that fast

1 Like

Never have done that, pollen collection thing

3 Likes

It can be very rewarding
If you have a girl of a strain that you like, or if not store the pollen well, and get a gal going that you’d like to cross
Also, there’d probably be a few OGer wouldn’t mind getting some of that ‘gold-dust’ lol

3 Likes

Got to ask though, what temps/humidity are you running in your veg? I usually get about 90%or higher ratio of girls to boys.
2 outta 3 are boys? Not good ratio there, but the environment has a lot to say about that. The plant looks damned nice and healthy though.

2 Likes

Im told they will be, theres 3 different types/strains in that flat. 2 are supposed to be large and 1 is short and fluffy.
Short fluffy lol

6 Likes

Good morning…almost to Friday!

5 Likes

That it is

3 Likes

Good morning JP and OG community lovely day of rain and CLOUDS come on already, I’m so frustrated with the weather especially when it’s been in the mid 40s at night in the Rockies!!!

3 Likes

Now that I have my coffee and plants morning everyone.

15 Likes

Just curious Johnny. Why the drink of water? You just cut the thing down… :thinking: I gotta be missing something. lol not the first time.

And @Greenfingers , you just described my wife. lol

:laughing:

3 Likes

Well cuz, when you cut em, you’ll only have a few days to collect any pollen. A lot of the pods won’t ever open. Putting them into a jar of water is like for flowers… they stay ‘alive’ longer. Allowing the new pods to grow and open also, getting every last drop of the gold-dust! lol They’ll stay vibrant and ‘alive’ for over a week.

5 Likes

Ah, I see the logic now. :slight_smile: Two brain cells must have bumped into one another.
Put them in an easier position to work with while unopened pods have a chance to pop. :thinking:

3 Likes

Keep thinking ill catch you on Discord, but nobody’s really been in there lately. Did your package arrive?

1 Like

Yep cuz, I got it and I forgot to say THANK YOU! My bad, but I’ve been more ‘down’ of late and things skip my mind, sorry.

2 Likes

No worries. Just wanted to make sure they made it. I hope you find something you like! :metal:

2 Likes