Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 2)

Dedicated to life long learning and discovery.

And modest, too!

Thank you for all the gardening tips.

5 Likes

If you like what you find in the beans I sent, I’d be interested in trading for some rud pollen, if I can get to my plans at the right time.

2 Likes

I’ll keep you in mind cuz
it’s all depending on how much I can get from these 3 boys. They’re scraggly looking, due to not a lotta care lol and they’ve just started to open and drop pollen, so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Good morning JP. Good morning everyone. Looks like I need to go back tonight and read what I skipped

3 Likes

@BigMike55 Due to your constant production of :fire: you might be a hard one to be convinced, yet, having some dank auto in record time might easily make you wanna be a convert eventually!! Knowing they never tend to be as massive as photos, they do pretty well to me!

Or maybe you’re just mad to say something like that!! No offense! :thinking: :yum: :sweat_smile: :hugs:

3 Likes

@BigMike55 cuz, you saw the pics of autos I’ve been growing. they’re as big or bigger than the photos. The yield is also just as good, or more. Now, I’m not saying they’ll do that on the natural, but using BBP helps them get that little bit of ooomph to boost em to the level of the Photos or beyond.
Everyone, right along with me, is calling BS on your statement cuz! lol We all know you’re a damn good grower!

5 Likes

I’m not very mobile atm, so I don’t get out to the barn much lately. The wife has been handling the plants, but this next batch is the same as the one I took pics of. Nice and bushy, tall and healthy with a good bit of bud to em.
I’m telling ya lol that BBP is the shitznizzle!

5 Likes

Good afternoon sir!

3 Likes

Tell me @CanuckistanPete did you ever find my back-story?
lol If not, I’ll toss it out here for yas
When I was born, my grampa, along with my pop and uncle ran an illegal marijuana operation on his farm. He had been growing it, toking it, and selling it since the late 19th century or early 20th century. Along with his moonshine op and a full production commercial farm. Tobacco, corn, soy, and cotton, rotated every year in the 4 commercial fields. The marijuana was a 25acre plot on the back side of the farm, also where the still was. lol
At the ripe old age of around 3, I would run alongside grampa & pop, wanting to ‘help’, lol… Well, they gave me a cut-down garden hoe and let me. I know I cut down more ‘weed’ than weed, if ya get me lol but they were patient and taught me what to look for, and chop down, along with what not to chop down! lol
As the years went by, I was 5-6 helping them hang the plants after harvesting, in the tobacco-drying sheds.By 8, I was doing rough-trim, also that was when I took my first tokes(another story lol) starting me on my love of this gorgeous green plant! By the age of 10-11, I was doing full, tight, trimming, going to Nam in '66-‘69, grampa passed at the age of 92 in 1968. When I came back home my pop and unc were still running the op, I joined them at 21yrs old, pop retired (medical) after my uncle passed in ‘72 and I took over the family business. The rest is, as they say, ‘history’! lol
Now that other story, I’d grown up going out at night several times a week hunting, or light fishing, or frog gigging, or just letting grampa’s coon dogs run. My grampa, uncle, and pops along with my cousin and myself, would sit around the fire while they sipped shine and smoked bowls of ganja.
I listened to stories unbelievable, and others. But I most remember him bragging about the first time HE smoked…at 8 yrs old.Me and my cousin got sprayed once by a skunk when we fell backwards off a log laughing at one story of my mom swatting frog legs in the kitchen, jumping out of the pan! She didn’t know to cut the leaders. Anyway I figured to get me some too. I snuck into his den and grabbed a deep bowl corncob pipe out of a 30pipe double rack of pipes. Going out behind the barn I lit that thing up! To this day, I remember 2 things like it was yesterday, as I slid down the side of the barn I was thinking. "wow, no wonder they don’t want us to smoke’’, and “I gotta get this pipe back in before grampa gets in from the fields and sees it missing”…and I couldn’t budge, I was paralyzed!
I figure he had to get the ganja from his pop’s stash, to smoke it such a young age. So I know I’m 3rd gen gorilla grower, but think I’m actually 4th lol I moved back here to Oklahoma just as it became legal, got our license and loved it until this year when I had to retired due to medical issues on both the wife and my parts.
I’m 73 and still growing/smoking, but you could rightly say that my family is deeply rooted in marijuana history.

15 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed Fascinating stories!! Seem like straight out from a book!! Amazing!!
Do you mean prior to frying!? Got confused with that bit! Awesome!!
:pray: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hugs:

Unforgettable! A step away from being regrettable, had your grandpa caught you red handed!! :flushed: :laughing:

2 Likes

yeah cuz, lol when you fry up froglegs, you need to skin em and cut the leaders,. Otherwise they’ll twitch and jump around in the hot pan. Mom swore ‘the damn things are still alive’! Everyone fell out laughing but that made her even madder lol

3 Likes

Maybe she went, “Damn frog ghosts coming back at me!!” :joy:

2 Likes

Well, she refused to cook em for grampa and pop after that, for years.
What I find funny is you picked that to comment on, out of all the story! lol

3 Likes

Caught my curiosity brother!! Attention to details! :astonished: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I’m dabbing and was feeling a bit loquacious. So I tossed the story out here lol

4 Likes

That’s a great story Johnny. I quickly looked for it earlier but had to run out (to get some silica) and took care of mine before coming back on here. And there it was…in all it’s glory! Thanks for sharing it my friend!

4 Likes

lol thnx cuz, actually that’s a bit more (much more lol) than I’d imparted at any one time, I think.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity…is there a 5th or even 6th generation pot grower? (No worries if it’s none of my business)

3 Likes

yes there is, all 3 of my sons (35, 36,37 yrs old) are well versed in growing. The oldest has been here in OK with us almost the entire time, helping in the commercial op.

9 Likes

Well I’m glad to hear all that knowledge you’ve accumulated isn’t going to waste. We all appreciate what you do on here, but if I lived anywhere near you I’d be asking for an apprenticeship!

3 Likes