Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 4)

I got a few extras ‘in case’ lol

2 Likes

I’m running the drivers at just below ‘max’ even though that’s supposed to shorten the lifespan. But at $30-$40per unit, a few years life is plenty to get my money worth lol
plus we bought the spares lol LED strips and drivers both

2 Likes

How many watts does it pull? Parts list or diy available? Tried search Mr Sparkle to see if he had DIY thread.

1 Like

These are 600watt equivalent, now 1200watt due to doubling up from 6 strips&1 driver to 11strips & 2 drivers per unit.
So there are actually now just over $200/unit hanging lol

I mis-spoke sorry. they are pulling almost 600watts each, I don’t remember the equivalent.
Also @Smooth here’s a link to a tute he did years ago on LEDs
https://overgrow.com/t/cheap-led-strips-a-viable-alternative

7 Likes

Is your light setup pics in the grow? I wonder what it looks like with a wooden frame. I only see metal backing on the posts I scrolled though.

1 Like

Shameless plug for my own LED with wooden frame :sunglasses:

3 Likes

First one

doubled - hanging over plants

1x4s ripped down on table saw

There’s no ‘fire hazard’ since they don’t produce enough heat for that. The wood stays cool

Electric bill went from $600-$800 down to $200-$400
Due to needing to run ACs all the time to combat the heat from 10-12 HPS & MHs lol now we just need to run a couple radiator heaters, 1 in each room, the electric I quoted was for everything on this property, house, barn and all.

15 Likes

Looks good, thanks for the reference. Did you use the same light strips as mrsprakle did or different ones? Sorry for all the questions

3 Likes

He’s used a lot, but we used the ones he recommended for our needs… Bridgelux EB gen 2 - 4’

No sweat cuz, questions are how ya learn.

5 Likes

Perfect, thanks man

This way works because if I need to I can get a item or 2 per payday if I have to. I’m excited to do make my own light now!

5 Likes

I’m gonna check out the DIY LED thread, was gonna try to wait until 4/20 sales but if I can build a nice one cheaper AND have it in play soon that would be awesome.

Good Morning OGs!

7 Likes

Morning JP!
Morning @buck90!
Morning everyone!!
:v:

5 Likes

Good morning @JohnnyPotseed @buck90 @Abbbian & OG!

9 Likes

Hey @Abbbian and @CanuckistanPete y’all seem to be early risers
It’s pouring rain here so our morning routine has been altered. Dog ain’t gonna have going outside right now :dog2:

5 Likes

Yes, I’m up around 430 every day, even when I don’t have to. I like being up at this time, but wouldn’t mind sleeping later once in awhile.

9 Likes

@buck90 Hi! South of Equator!! Sunny, 26 C / 78.8 F.
It will be a be hot day later on!!
Great day to you and all OGers!!
:boom: :seedling: :maté: :coffee:

My average is 5:30! Latest is 6:00 regardless of time of going to bed prior to it!!
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Morning all! Early birds get the buds

9 Likes

Good morning Johnny, good morning OG’s. Halfway to the weekend, have a good day friends☮️

9 Likes

Oh sure it sounds like paradise, but when’s the last time you got to make a snowman?

5 Likes

@lophophora.ca You smartty behind!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

How about never!!? At least round here!

Well, does NYC years ago count!?

Let’s just say over 20! Oh boy! You’re making me feel as “Vintage!” :sweat_smile:
:hugs:

6 Likes