Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 4)

Got a late start today @JohnnyPotseed . I had a resinously good nights sleep. lol
Good morning brother. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

lol better late than never, right?

4 Likes

Well shit! I feel like such a slacker. I just rolled out of bed.
Good morning everyone.

6 Likes

Good morning OG!

7 Likes

Good morning JP. Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

Good morning @Emeraldgreen !

2 Likes

Good morning @MoBilly

1 Like

Just a poke into yesterday’s topic re: spider mites. Hate 'em. They usually show up at the end and fuck everything up. There’s nothing worse than going to check your tops and seeing one of those little bastards go ‘wheeeeee!!!’ And sling away like a mini spiderman on a thread.
I’ve also learned that you absolutely MUST have a preventative maintenance program in place, because once they are in your colas, it’s over.
And I’ve seen it happen many times what seems like overnight. One day everything’s fine, the next, the little pricks are webslinging around like they’ve been there for weeks.
I have had plants get them, and plants right next to them not. I’d have to go back in the books to see which strain seemed to be resistant. But ya, other than a serious borer worm infestation on a sour d grow, they are the bane of my outdoor growing.
On a positive note, all other critters I use the yellow sticky boards for, with great success. At least with aphids and creepy crawlies.

Edit: just looked up that recipe and bookmarked it, with a reminder set for Sept 1st, lol.

7 Likes

Well F’ a duck, it’s always something. Water heater needs replacing. Gotta size the job up but will probably call a plumber.
Good Evening y’all!

Damn cuz, I can’t like thatun! Sux to replace hot water heater. i know lol we just had our son put in another one last week

3 Likes

Yoo @buck90 dude I could walk ya through it pretty easy if you wanted , but the only hitch is if you don’t already have the tools it actually may be cheaper just have the plumber do it. Out here they charge like 160 do deliver and install.

2 Likes

I appreciate it @Hotrods_and_hounds looks pretty straight forward, only thing I don’t like is how short of a piece they used after the inlet cutoff valve. I would try to splice in after the 90 right before the tank, leaving the expansion tank and everything intact. My son used Shark Bites when he did his which he said made everything simple. You heard of those? I gotta google them.
I’m fairly handy but if I could find a plumber who would charge $160 for delivery and install I’ll be all for that. Hell the lawn equipment folks around here get $85/hr :weary:
Gonna call around tomorrow.

2 Likes

Sharkbites are great. They act like snap on pieces to the pipe. No special tools besides channel lock pliers and Teflon tape.
You should ask your son if he has the little plastic piece to pull the sharkbite off.

If your getting the same heater it should be a really simple switch. You just need the same height with the same inlet/outlet spacing.
Might not even need to take the sharkbites off, pretty sure they will spin on the pipe

4 Likes

Will do, thanks for looking out :facepunch:

5 Likes

It’ll look like this

8 Likes

Yeah shark bites are nice! Then yeah you could even just use pex line to run the 90 back down to the heater and like @Emeraldgreen was saying shark bites really are nice!

3 Likes

Y’all are awesome fellas, gonna look up everything in the morning.

Good night everyone!

4 Likes

Good night

3 Likes

Good morning Johnny , good morning OG’s. This week is flying, have a nice Friday eve everyone.:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Good morning OGs!
Good morning @Greenfingers your right, this week has gone by quickly
Have a great day y’all!

6 Likes