Jungle Spice Dating Game

2nd uppot:
Left top to bottom: Green 2c, Blue 1b, Red 2c

3rd uppot neck and neck with each other, seem to be healthier than the 2nd uppot, if slightly shorter. Possibly due to prime real-estate. Counter clockwise from 7:00 Blue 2c, Green 1c, Red 1b

4 Likes

Reorg for light distribution
Clockwise from 12: Korin Spawn, R2b, R1b, R2c, B1b, G1c, G2c, B2c, G2b. Center B2a

6 Likes

I don’t usually take top clones, because I like to see the natural structure when I’m breeding. I think it’s harder to determine the branching qualities if you top it. But if it will help you keep more females so you can cull fewer of them, then I think that’s a pretty good trade-off!

5 Likes

Happy! They seem fine with strong nutes.

Gonna see if every watering works for them.
Starting with these:

7 Likes

Reds in the middle are getting tall. Going to swap their positions with Greens on the bottom.

Swapped.

Repots are doing well. Gnat population is climbing again. Going to do another citrus and diatomaceous earth blast. Leaves will be dappled with powder next time you see them.
Also stay tuned for DIY flypaper project.

6 Likes

6 Likes

1st uppots update:
67.6°
42 rh

Green

Blue

Red

Yes, Red is a little taller and a noticeably deeper green. The Red babies are taller and happier at this moment.

7 Likes

Now this:

5 Likes

Picture Day!

Looking at 9 plants. No noted sex yet. I invite predictions.

Plants are grouped by Father (Red, Green, Blue).

Each plant has three pics in a collage. Side view with ID, overhead, and three quarters.

Ineffective black marker for scale.

Red:

Green:

Blue:

Legend:
Color[R|G|B] = Father
Digit = Seed in Water Date
(1) Nov. 23, 2019
(2) Nov. 28, 2019
(3) Dec. 2, 2019
Letter [a-z] = unique ID (these appear to be highly water soluble)

7 Likes

Looks like you ended up burning some leaf. Too strong on the concoction?

2 Likes

Could be. I was thinking that was an N deficiency because it was isolated to the low leaves. Also didn’t hit the tips first.

They got a 1/10 dilution. The middle four CGxPR perma-seedlings don’t appear to have suffered (more than usual) for their full strength drench.

1 Like

On the other hand it’s altogether possible that I put more on them in a stoned haze and then forgot about it.

1 Like

Lmfao. If this aint the most annoying problem.

1 Like

Solved trivially in my head. Not yet implemented.

1 Like

Every plant in the garage got a sprinkle of DE and a spray of Citrus (Nuke 'em) yesterday. Looks like winter. Want to keep the surfaces dry for another few days. Considering a dip of each pot in a water bucket. Would be a first.

Thoughts? Concerns?

3 Likes

Wait, you have bugs? In winter? I’m a fan of Spinosad in veg. It’s organic, but works faster and better than DE and Neem and other organic crap that never solves the damn problem.

5 Likes

Just fruit flies, probably from my worm bin though I moved it across the room. Went through spinosad pretty quick in the summer. I liked it too. Was gifted the Nuke 'em. It’s citrus. OMRI listed.

3 Likes

You can also get a mason jar, apple cider vinegar and 2 drops of dishsoap. Cover with saran wrap and poke holes in the top. The flies will trap themselves. It helps a lot actually.

6 Likes

See bottom of top pic in previous post.

4 Likes

I spy… Waldo now! :eyes::joy::thumbsup:

4 Likes