Just wanted to show off my new toy

This is so cool!! Have you seen the mini drones? Black sheep FPV?

1 Like

Oh ya brother :grin:. And I actually race a micro drone…:+1:. Well, used too anyways…haha. Still have it though, it’s a 3s trashcan. (Was 2s).

1 Like

My first fpv flight was back in 94-95. We strapped a good size black and white camera and tx to a Sr telemaster, and would sit in the back of our truck with a black and white TV and fly all over Lawton and Ft Sill Oklahoma. Been flying fpv since.

3 Likes

I’ve cut wheat in that neck of the woods. One summer it was over 110 and so humid it appeared hazy. It was the nastiest weather I’ve ever been in.

1 Like

Oh ya, was stationed there for a few years. It could be incredibly hot…atleast I thought so, untill I went to the middle East…lmfao :joy:
Actually, there were days in Oklahoma that where just as nasty hot as I have ever experienced…lol

2 Likes

I loved in western Oklahoma after moving here from Oregon. Talk about a climate shock. I almost laid down in the snow and went to sleep one time when walking home. People here think that I knew what cold was, but I really learned after moving here. Don’t underestimate what wind chill can do.

I also remember hot, dry days, where the skyline looked brown like chocolate milk. The blowing dust was like sandpaper to your eyeballs. Ouch!

Thank you for your service, sir.

1 Like

That’s cool as hell bearing ,elevation and in the fly GPS? That’s bad ass!

1 Like

Oh ya brother, has it all…lol It’s a real honest to goodness HUD system. Can even shoot a GPS approach into my field.

2 Likes

This is a pretty cool video. Very windy, on landing you will see me have to crab the plane onto the runway. And yes, that is my very own airport.

4 Likes

Just drone footage of our set up so far. The track is almost 1/8 mile. We hit almost 90mph on the back straight with my speed buggy.

3 Likes