Killer Glue (GG#4 x AK47) SCROG adventure

this is the guide i followed. I figure if it worked for that Neb it should work for me :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah thats the guide i found too but a lot of conjecture and arguments against it. Im confused :frowning:

1 Like

Im growing in hydro and found my growth to be rather explosive. My plants did not skip a beat after defoliating. I don’t think there is any yes or no answer to it. too many different variables from grow to grow. Strain could very well make a difference also. Trial and error is the only way to truly know haha

1 Like

I might just give a moderate stripping to open up the canopy and when i find my keeper pheno do a monocrop and experiment with full strip vs no strip

1 Like

Did a moderate leaf strip last night going into week 4.
Just enough to get some light down between all the dense middle sized tops. Made sure to leave a couple of fans on each top.

Bud XL added to the feed on saturday and the budd have started fattening and stacking beautifully :heart_eyes:

Some nice colas forming already.

16 Likes

End of wk4. Chonkification continues. Light increased to 90% , humidity and temps slightly decreased 26°c/55%

Buds stacking lovely , just some random snaps. Lots of tops!

16 Likes

Killer glue/GG4/ak47
Uploading: 7249968E-896B-494F-8456-7BFA1647432F.jpeg…

10 Likes

Yummy… good smoke?

First time growing them their almost done

Got these seeds in trade they were regular seeds lucky getting 2 females
First shot,sprayed one with CS spray collected some
Pollen
Also have ghost train haze /ak47 growing first photo grow in 2
Years just been growing autos

10 Likes

Look outstanding. Makes me very excited to see mine finish. what did you feed them? Looking like a good harvest?

Epsom salts grow big big bloom tiger bloom some molasses black gold soil.I had to up the nutes with these plants
Seem
To be always hungry

1 Like

Clones doing well. All taking on their own personalities and growth traits. Only need topping once it seems and the runaway tops chopped off to keep them even. Going to be hard to pick a keeper based on yield by the looks of things, will have to be by potency or quality.

Looks like two of my Exotic Genetix Mr Nasty’s are male. Not sure how to proceed with pollen collection, i suppose just veg them a bit more and then take some big cuttings and flower the male cuttings in my micro tent to collect? Then gotta veg out the other two to cover the rest of the tent. Trouble keeping my humidity up, still waiting on some inkbird humidistats and fan speed controllers

7 Likes

Going into week 6 a cpl days early as the res ran out so Top Shooter went in a smidge early. Gave a flush lsst night as well and runoff came out at like 0.6 or something so maybe the plants are hungrier than I thought?

Starting to get a tiny bit of tip burn dunno if thats from the Top Shooter, potentially. Only at 0.5mL/L

#4 is frosting up really nice
Not so much the others. Wouldn’t say they have a unique smell, just smells like regular “hydro” weed on the leaf rub.

A few nice big colas looking forward to see them stack up. Already keen to run my next lot of seeds once the clones go in. Not sure what to run next. Received a pack of IHG Platinum Garlic yesterday. Lots of really nice strains to choose from next. Hopefully this is killer weed because what can i say im a sucker for pretty flowers and these dont particularly jump out at me.

14 Likes

That’s a nice grow

1 Like

There’s two distinct phenotypes, #2 has the most prominent example of the “crown” type head like this

And #4 has the most prominent example of the “spear” type head.

I think #2 and #4 are the keepers. They’ve both been the frostiest and most vigorous so far.

Even 2 days after putting in the BudXL the swelling is noticeable. A strong chemical lemon detergent smell is coming off them now. Frost picking up heavily with that really greasy, sticky icing sugar type frost. on #2 and #4 day by day.

11 Likes

In a cruel twist of irony the two nicest and frostiest looking phenos that I want to be the keepers have been the two sloWest performers in the clone tent. #2 which has these very unqique Golfball crown buds (different to the other 5) is truly the runt clone. Potentially overwatered (flood and drain) with too hot feed so i put it in “hospital” in the other 4x4 tent with the Mr Nastys to dry out a little and see if i can get a little vigor into it.

#6 is showing a calmag deficiency despite there being supplemental calmag added so i guess she just needs more because none of the others show it, but she also has biggest and most stacked colas, but is also the most bland smelling plant (just smells like oldschool lemony bush weed)

Smells between phenos range from some weird industrial musk, to a weird sharp floral smell with a rubbery backend that I cant distinguish, to lemon industrial detergent, to sour bitter chemical funk to just standard citrus bushweed smell.

Smell is picking up but still not as overpowering as I was led to expect. Maybe it’ll pick more in the next 3 weeks.

11 Likes

I found the smells improved nearer the time of ripeness ,gets better further it goes imho. Reminds me need to grab some more seeds of them .

1 Like

How many did you find as keepers?

1 Like

I did keep two but then had to pull due to workmen needing access to that room , was gutted tbh but that’s how it goes with prohibition eh.

1 Like

breeder of “killer Glue” ?