Landlord is inspecting tomorrow

I have a small 5x5 grow tent inside of my empty laundry room. The landlord just dropped there notice to inspect my unit tomorrow so now I have to scramble my 10 week old plants.

Has this ever happened to you? What do you do? Clear everything out and leave no sign?

7 Likes

Either clear out. Or wait to get busted XD

1 Like

That is **cked up! Does he always do that? I mean come over to inspect… Sounds fishy. You got any neighbors who are jealous or something? Either way, YES CLEAR OUT!!! No question about it. That or put your plants in boxes in a storage room, some way it doesn’t attract any interest and then re-assemble eerything as soon as he leaves… Put the tents and plants in boxes and throw some scraps or cloth all over it… He’s got a right to inspect the house but not your **it!

HppHrvst

3 Likes

I’m 31 and have never once had an inspection done by a landlord or owner, and I’ve rented 8 or 9 places. It seems strange to me but normal to most I guess!

2 Likes

Nothing normal about it man, to you or me or anybody; land lords usually wanna get the money and go or you deposit the money and you see them maybe once or twice a year if that… Wish you luck bro!

2 Likes

Can you take your plants elsewhere and then stick some tomatoes, some expensive looking flowers, or any other vegetables that are grown so you don’t need to take everything down. Then he can’t say shit and tell him your growing organic veggies to eat/sell or flowers to sell. I’d just go buy some veggie plants old enough that they are obviously not cannabis. Something he can easily identify, and if u throw some strong smelling flowers in it will mask any lingering bud scent! Goodluck!

11 Likes

Superb idea, stash the plants MJ and replace them so it looks like… @WV_GorillaGrower right on!!!

1 Like

stupid question r u in a rec state if so landlords can no longer kick u out i fought mine

3 Likes

I hope everything works out for the best. Good luck.

1 Like

Hello @waterboy174! I don’t mean to pry but how did it go?

I pull my stuff out and put it somewhere else… its a pain, but if youre not in a legal state…

I ended up moving everything out. Disassembled it all and put the plants in my buddies vw van for a couple hours. I considered leaving the tent and putting veggies in there but didn’t want to risk getting in trouble or raising any other suspicions. A couple hours work isn’t a big deal. Now I know I’ll be safe for at least another year.

24 Likes

Well done! Congratulations!

1 Like

good to hear brother. now to get those horrible cancer causing illegal drug producing plants back in :wink:

3 Likes

Well done…worth the effort to attain peace of mind so you can focus on your plants!
:sunglasses:

6 Likes

oops my bad eh! wrong time wrong place. :pray: Namaste

So I have the same issue but I have two tents and my closet has plants inside as well. I overgrew my tents by hatching too many seeds anyway I have an inspection I was reading on another website that they can’t look inside the tent? I wish I could move them somewhere else but I am halfway into flowering I am going to hide all of my plants in one tent even if I have to stack them like a pyramid or something then will unplug the fans put it inside and have the filter standing inside with fans on minimum and light my charcoal incense burner, maybe something else any ideas I live in a studio apartment at the top of the building.

Tell them it’s your lettuce tent. And that you’re an organic vegan or some shit.

5 Likes

Yea ! that’s a bitch, used to rent and every 3 years they did a “walk-thru” now it’s 6years. I sure didn’t like folks eye-balling my house remember when I was up for an inspection filled the hose with air fresher’s, ect But they only check for fire alarms, ect basicly they are saftey inspections. don’t know how much stuff you have also I walked with them to be sure thay did go were they shouldent, they really have no reason to check bedroom, closets, ect, basicaly this is a fire inspection,ect Good luck !

2 Likes

I had that happen once. Luckily I had a Ford Excursion to tow my RV, and I was able to pack 20+ plants into the back of it for the inspection. My truck reeked for months afterwards lol

5 Likes