Landlord is inspecting tomorrow

Think of the worst scenario that can happen in your state if you get narc’ed on and if your ok with that then go with half measures and roll the dice. (I am assuming illegal state)

No one is going to fall for a “lettuce” tent. If they see/get near it. So if they are inspecting that room your probably out of luck. I personally would go through the trouble of moving them and getting them gone. I am assuming that if found they would at minimum kick you out of your apartment (which is a pain all in itself) besides whatever legal issues that you have if they call the cops. Don’t be lazy. Suck it up and move those ladies to a uhaul or something if you have to.

5 Likes

They can’t open your underwear drawer either.

1 Like

Good luck though! Apartment growing is rough. Props to you. Be safe.

When I rented a flat 6-7 years ago I had a full room, no tent and stuff. When I received the notice I just said I’m not at home at this time and made a suggestion for three weeks later. Never heard from them again… Busy people I guess.

5 Likes

“Organic vegan or some shit “ hahahahahaha​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

My friends would mop heavily with VERY concentrated Pine Sol, shortly before the landlord’s arrival. It does a great job covering the smell.

Personally, I would load everything into a vehicle. If there’s nothing incriminating in the house, then you have no worries. You could rent a moving van for a day. Load up then park it down the street. It should be cheap (cheaper than eviction or hiring a lawyer!) since you won’t be putting a lot of miles on it…

7 Likes

Who’s doing the inspection? If you’re in a legal home cultivation state I’m not sure if I’d be that worried?

Years ago I was renting this house from some people who were out of the country and they decided we must be up to no good in some way so they sent their friends over to do an inspection, ended up having to disassemble everything and stash it in boxes but the friend didn’t seem all that happy they’d be tasked with the inspection and only looked around a little before leaving. Still, a little nervewracking.

We are a legal state but most apartment buildings still don’t allow cultivation I don’t have time to get a uhaul and I will just hide them in one tent possibly take the second one down and pack everything extra in tubs

2 Likes

I am a Landlord and dont care if they have 5 tents as long as the setup is safe.
What I DO care about is water and electricity though. I am NOT paying for that unless you give me 70% of what you grow LoL

But in all seriousness if the Tenant agrees to pay for their utilities in full and also have a utility escrow account on top of paying for my electrician/plumber/etc inspect and certify the safety of said setup then it would be fine.

Glad you got away with it and still growin!

*also as a Landlord in a state where you cant grow if a Tenant had a grow and a fire broke out/etc which caused not only property damage but also caused injury. AND if they found out you knew about it but didnt either have the tenant cease and desist all growing activities or report to authorities you would become liable not only civil liability but also criminal.

#1 The insurance company wouldn’t cover your Loss (even if you didn’t know about it because their argument would be you should have been performing regular maintenance/inspections)
#2 sued for damages
#3 be brought up on criminal charges and go to jail and god forbid someone dies then youd be charged with murder as the Landlord.

3 Likes

Well that’s not happening.

2 Likes

Which is exactly why its easier to just prohibit growing in rentals and evict people who do.Its too much of a liability. Even as grower myself but there has to be a line of separation between grower and landlord.
The Liability is just too great.

2 Likes

I have been a landlord. It’s legal here up to 4 plants so I wouldn’t care. As long as utilities are getting paid.

Frankly, as a renter, I wouldn’t say anything and just do my thing. Making sure I don’t smell

3 Likes

Fuck yeah as a renter I would too.lol

But it aint legal here and Landlords getting put in prison because of tenants negligence is a real thing and happens every year.

And i have seen people do a lot of stupid shit. I wouldn’t put it past someone to put a camp stove in their tent for CO2 and burning the building down killing people in the process.

**Sorry if this has become thread HiJack

2 Likes

If illegal fair enough. I’ve heard the argument before and it boils down to only those who can afford property can legally grow their own medicine, which is bullshit.

My sister works in property management and the craziest thing she’s seen is tenants who put down 10” of soil on top of the hardwood to grow yams.

6 Likes

i havent seen that one yet… But a ton of hoarders and lots of DIY fails. people changing floor layouts illegally (which has also sent landlords to jail when the firemen who are using the official blueprint die from getting lost) setting up beds in their basement next to boilers and shit for people to use.

Gotta say though just dropping a foot of soil on the wood floor for yams is a new one… LoL

If it was a one family house thats being rented It would be alittle different.

And utilities is a big factor. in NY the water bill can only be in the landlords name because theyll always pay or you get a lien.

1 Like

If I had to assuage the fears of a landlord (electrical/plumbing safety) I’d point out that my setup uses less power than the overhead light and there is no plumbing.

hijack over

Yeah if its just one tent 2x2 or 2x4 LED lights and hand watering thats cool by me.
But once you get into reservoirs, MH/HPS, ventilation, scrubbers, etc etc thats another story.

And My HiJack is over as well.

2 Likes

Update I waited for them to come in unless I was asleep when they came in. I stayed up all night cleaning my apartment and preparing my garden today I spent the evening setting it all back up. I still have to finish the closet and get the light back up and running

2 Likes

Do we in fact know that cannabis causes cancer?

If we’re smoking it, then yes, I don’t think anyone is arguing that lunging resinous plant smoke isn’t carcinogenic.

1 Like