Landrace Expansion & Trade

I like the Sativa Buzz and my main medicine my Modified Thai has the THCV for my Inflammation so since my grow space is small I have no reason to raise 14 week strains. Except for curiosity. I do have some DR. Grinspoon seeds on the way so I will give it a go after my Purple Kush is done breeding in a month or two.

3 Likes

WHAT ABOUT " Indiana Landrances" believe thats’ the site __ will check to see if it’s right Also check out “Khalifa.com” for true landrances

3 Likes

And nobody mentioned THCV something common in Thai. They want to trace it with bullshit instead of a rare cannabinoid. I remember the Thai Stick of the Early 70’s, my buddy was a big dealer and had access to sticks almost all the time. It was the best weed of that time and had a very strange high, probably from the THCV.

10 Likes

I remember that high, it was very different.

I serendipitously found something similar recently…
I found an old jar of Pineapple Chunk that was 5 yrs old?
Anyway, badly stored and dried out but I tried it anyway…

It’s a weird high, quite different from when it was fresh. It was intense and very trippy but only lasted about 1.5 Hrs.
After thinking about it, I figured I was likely getting the ‘kick’ from CBN (THC degrading into CBN) but it reminded me a little of the old Thai Sticks.

Anyway, I throw that out there along with THCv as a possible difference source of that different high.
Also, there might be some fermenting happening in the curing process (like tea leaves)…
Just something else I want to ‘play with’ down the road. :vulcan_salute: :nerd_face:

Cheers
G

13 Likes

I thought CBD, CBG and CBD+THC help with inflammation, But I never heard that THC-V had any benefit at all… But I have heard that THCV is likely what causes the initial psychedelic rush that then wears off within the first 30-45 min or so…

4 Likes

The reason I bought the strain was THCV and at the time my inflammation was almost life threatening. It was 6 aspirin a day or weed. And I could rate the weed by how many bong hits it took to take the inflammation down. The Thai could be felt in one bong hit. And the worst strains for pain and inflammation are Indica’s in general up to 10 hits for relief. Of course now everybody uses CBD but when I started weed about 7-8 years ago CBD knowledge was less. But yes THCV is great for inflammation and pain.

7 Likes

And also the Rush as you described.

3 Likes

Sadly, no more Cannabiogen anymore. They stopped doing seeds.

3 Likes

The universe is speaking. Al at Khalifa Genetics is a passionate landrace collector, breeder and preservationist. I just received some Beldia and other goodies from him. Along with my seeds came a freebie pack of fem Aladdins Skunk× Balkh, a famous, potent Northern Afghan Hashplant cultivar. If someone will grow them and start a thread for them, they are yours. Al does great work and all his gear looks top notch. Grower must be ready to germinate seeds as soon as they arrive. There are 6 fem seeds.
Take a look at his stuff on IG or @khalifa genetics.com

13 Likes

That’s a beauty, but the purple most likely comes from the non viet( chinese) in this hybrids genetics in this case.

4 Likes

Would you describe it as other worldly? I think my fav Thai plant may have a bunch too. Strange high. This was a Thai stick strain…

5 Likes

I’ve often heard Thai strains as being racey and feeling like a kick of adrenaline and I’ve always associated this description with a panic attack which I’ve had before and therefore it never sounded like an enjoyable experience. Am I wrong in this association? I’ve been reading more on it throughout OG and it’s been getting me more interested but just really curious if anyone would describe the feeling as similar to that panic feeling.

5 Likes

Would definitely recommend Khalifa as well. For those in the US, he has someone working in OK so nothing has to cross borders which is nice. Just have to mail cash though which was fine.

10 Likes

I was just gifted some seeds and also had part in obtaining and providing seeds from a local grown plant here and a user here has crossed it to a cangshan which I believe is a Chinese strain landrace. It by itself grows up to 20 feet. The old stock I provided was collected and had been grown multiple times on a farm. The seeds are ten years old but still have an 80% germ rate. Anyways I’m going to be growing them outdoors this year to see how they do in the pnw’s bad weather for growing…I think they flower later November, at least the Chinese strain does. The Heirloom I provided is quicker and can be chopped when done outdoors in early October, even late September. The resulting cross had been coined joss house. I have a limited amount from my friend who crossed them, I plan on taking it further maybe to f5. Wish me luck I’ll provide pics!!

Paws

13 Likes

Very Interesting mate. There is something to your observation. There always is with weird observations. Somebody will mix THCV with CBN somehow and find something nice. I’m not even sure what CBN fells like.

3 Likes

Some are racy, but some are not. @YoBigdaddy knows more than me about these. I’m looking for the racy ones🤣

4 Likes

This is great info. :+1: you are the 3rd person recently that has said they get relief from thcv. So i smoked some Thai last night and I’m moving way better than normal this morning. Not sure i could use this during the daytime though. Its kinda stony/ otherworldly. Not like an Indica. Different from anything else. I will try it again tonight.

Cbn is a sedative. Makes a sativa kinda “stoney”

12 Likes

Except for a few Indian Strains Indica is not very good with pain. But for years we associate being doped up with pain relief, and we expect the same. But of recreational weeds Thai is number one and Skunk is #2 and both are Sativa’s.

5 Likes

I can’t smoke Indica for relief except at night. Too sleepy and it just knocks me out. Which does kill pain if you are not awaake to experience it. I’d imagine that landrace Indicas are great for pain and sleep with their cbd/ thc ratios being about even in concentrates. Maybe mixed with a thcv strain something special would happen.

8 Likes

-will consider it “a grow” with of Klalifa strain - the strain you mentioned sounds interesting. Would you want any sseds from my vault ? looking for anything special ? (trade)

3 Likes