Landrace seed links

I was reading that Malberry was involved in scamming people. And altered other breeders’ strain pics to use as their own.

1 Like

Damn that ain’t good

1 Like

I find myself jealous of Europeans who have access to all of these heirloom and landrace breeders (Eg. Ace, Cannabiogen, Real Seed Co, Underground Seed Collective, World of Seeds, etc). Anyone know who sells heirlooms and/or landraces in the US? I’ve spent too much on MAIL INTERCEPTION NOTICE(s) recently… :sob:

9 Likes

Psssst. Don’t be jealous. Smoke some Nor-Cal outdoor & forget you wrote that.

:laughing:

Seriosly though, I know what you’re looking for exists in the US, but you might have to look for a while. Let’s see what the other OGers know.

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Maybe, https://www.oldworldorganics.net/

7 Likes

if i picked one from that menu it’d be the panama 79. i don’ need no hashplants. :smile:

7 Likes

Coincidentally, we have a thread on exactly that. Check out the first post in this thread

5 Likes

RSC has the best genetics IMO. I have heard bad things about Seeds of Africa, and some breeders I know say that they were ripped off by ACE for their genetics. Also I would not consider anything that Reeferman has as truly Land Race. They have a few strains listed from landrace stock, but they are bred and selected for specific traits that are quite different than original. They are more of an heirloom outfit, IMO.

7 Likes

@PanchoVilla Any info on which strains to avoid or pursue, and reasons why?

2 Likes

Well, in landraces I am partial to Lebanese, Kerala ganja and Durban Poison myself. RSC has a good Bekaa Valley strain of Lebanese that finishes really early. Blue Hemp in Switzerland had the best Lebanese strain, but they are defunct now. RSC has a good Kerala, but it finishes really late (like New Year’s Day). I heard that Cannabiogen has a good Durban Poison. Many Durban Poisons (mostly from Holland) out there are actually the Dutch Durban x Skunk and not real Durban. They are a Durban x indica/skunk cross and have a lot less less wake than bake. Its good for what it is, but its not Durban. In Durban, SA most weed strains are now Swazi genetics as well. Also what is called Colombian Gold '72 was developed in a lab in Europe by a guy that I know there. I am not sure of the genetics that he used, but that is pretty much what is sold as Colombian Gold all over these days.

I have picked up some good landrace strains on this forum in trades myself. I got some Lebanese, Durban, Brazilian, and Malana beans in trade here. Also some heirlooms like skunk, Cali-O, Maui Wowie and some interesting crosses. All for only the cost of shipping beans in trade ($7 USA, $15 to Europe).

13 Likes

https://www.tropicalseedscompany.com/shop/outlet/93-colombian-gold-1972.html

This is the Colombian Gold you mean? I have a couple of packs of that, but after reading your post they went down on my list of things to plant soon. If you can share some more info it would be great.

2 Likes

some very nice sounding genetics, but $200 for 10 seeds collected on site from villages or gathered from wild untended jungli? that’s crazy. It’s great to have pure genetics gathered on site, but the potential viability rates for seeds like this are much lower than seeds from plants grown and dried in controlled conditions.

3 Likes

Likely. I know nothing about the distribution of the Euro lab developed Colombian '72 strain, just the history of its development.

2 Likes

Yes. I don’t disagree.

Question posed was,

Other US based seedbanks?

4 Likes

Yep. Back in the day you could get an oz of weed with genuine unworked landrace seeds from many sources around the world for about $40. The seeds were free. Bags from Colombia often times had over 100 seeds per oz. Viability was pretty high in most cases in my experience. The older they get, the less viable they become, unless they were kept cool and very very dry. Any humidity or heat and they fall off pretty fast. At $20 a seed, a bag of 1976 'lumbo would be worth over two thousand dollars from these guys! I mean, really? “The seeds are two grand, the weed is free”. Oregon greed.

6 Likes

Do you have any proof for this statement? There are a lot of “old wives tales” surrounding cannabis. I would like to understand how a strain can be created in a “lab”. I’ve heard plenty of interesting stories on the origins of cannabis strains, most of them turn out to be just that, a story.

1 Like

Yes, I have emails and photos and facts, but I will not post them. I will not betray the trusted confidence of others. People asked, I gave them answers. Now you want proof? This is a forum… not a Senate confirmation hearing. The “lab” is what they call it and where they bred and tested the plants. Said strain was bred in Europe, and that is as specific as I will get. I do not really care if you believe me or not. This is an online forum, and hence please do take everything with a shovel full of salt.

8 Likes

Thank you very much for this list!

4 Likes

Welcome new OGer. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi @jcfougere. Welcome.

2 Likes