Landraces and heirloom

Thanks for posting that up, and I respect that, everyone’s got different receptors and strains hit different. I got a cross of your PMH in a trade recently and I’m excited to try it when I get a chance. Good looking stuff you’ve got, I’m definitely going to keep a couple of those things in mind when I’m back working again and thinking about buying seeds. I dig that your work seems to be a balance between preservation line breeding and original crosses, you probably have a good collection of puro types to be making big F1 vigor with.

3 Likes

My apologies if the research posts and ideas are too frequent, but I wanted to put this out to the group because I’ve never seen this before and it’s tickling my brain. So we’ve probably all heard the G13 story where a guy was THC testing the flowers from raw P1 Afghani seeds for Carlton Turner at UMiss and he sent Sandy at Sacred Seeds the selection of them with a note that #13 was incredibly powerful and testing off the charts. Etc, etc. I’m pretty suspicious of that story because it ties into the Sacred myth, which I don’t believe personally. I’ve heard enough from old growers in that area at the time to be convinced that there was no way a group was doing that kind of work without any other heads knowing and rememering. Leaving that question aside, I wanted to post this snippet of an old article I don’t have full access to, from 1974, testing the phytosterols of a cannabis sample from UMiss and a Thai sample. The Mississippi sample was coded MS-13 for Mississippi State/Sample #13, and this paper was published right around when the G13 is supposed to have started circulating. What do people think of the possiblity that the MS-13 cutting got loose in 1973 or so when they were doing this research and is what’s now known as G-13? Am I just trying too hard to find an answer to something that’s lost to history?

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/jf60193a039

10 Likes

Keep posting them. I read them all

6 Likes

This ended up getting posted first in another thread but I wanted to crosspost here because I originally intended it for this topic:

4 Likes

I’m needing the newest discovery landraces and some rare , DM and let’s discuss what you got and need from me to have a nice set to work up.

I want to phenotype hunt through landraces to find the best ones.

I’ll make sure you’re gifted back the landraces after I raise them too.

Here’s the Turkish Hash plant I just did a landrace project with outdoors.

44 Likes

Am a little late to the party but am growing out the 1990 Master Kush X Afghaan90 now from The Real Seed Co. aka Kwik Seeds. Doing the root pruning thing again, this time with MicroKote - #32 by OldUncleBen

12 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous looking plant, makes me consider acquiring some of these genetics

4 Likes

Wow… Beautifull plant.

2 Likes

@GregOG Your Turkish Hash plant looks great. I wouldn’t mind growing it. :wink:
What’s the Sativa looking plant next to her?

5 Likes

DM me I’ve got to send out a list of people I’m behind on sending to lol

I picked up seed baggies and will start throwing together the landrace to landrace seeds I crossed for the first time.

By years end I’ll have some epic legacy strain breeding together.

I wish I could send out all my ancestral skunk x Turkish Hash Plant seeds. Its very expensive for 10 000 seeds to ship to everyone.

I’m working on a solution to accomplish it. I bought a lottery ticket step 1…Kidding Lol I’ll get them to you all, after I test the new F1s.to make sure it’s a must have strain. :100::dove:

I just grabbed some random landrace to landrace Turkish Hash Plant seeds to look at i bred this year outdoors, looks pretty cool.
They survived a hard summer of extreme heat and drought.

30 Likes

Maybe check with @DougDawson he might be able to help spread them around for you.

4 Likes

Interesting choice of words. That sounds like a dog whistle (am I using that term correctly?). Only “heads” would care about “rankness.”

3 Likes

Always happy to help spread some beans :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks Doug :dove::fist_right::fist_left::dove:

1 Like

Did I stumble across a possible chance to acquire landrace beans? I will gladly donate for shipping

3 Likes

I am days away from flowering a pre-soviet invasion Spin Ghar. I have been hunting for these beans since the day my uncle answered the call before telling me where he stored his “source code” as he was known to call these beans. My Aunt forgot long before that, she was more concerned with where her coke was lol. He was an assistant to a professor that was studying the anthropology of the tribal border hash region for three years before the Red Curtain prevented him from returning. During that time he acquired a beautiful specimen and bred her. I received a call not long ago from faculty at the college he worked at. I was informed of a small metal box found in the dairy culture cryobank that was stamped with Unc’s I.D. and a code number. When they pulled the info for the code, digitized a decade ago, it gave instructions to return the box to me if found without damage. It didn’t take long to find me as I am Alumni. Well, you guessed it, he sent me notice my car’s warranty was expired and my options to get continued coverage. Son of a bitch! So I ordered beans from some hippy I met in a stall on I94

16 Likes

Had me going in the first half, not gonna lie

5 Likes

Bingo. Smokers recognize smokers.

4 Likes

Survived??? I’d say the Turkish Hash Plant seeds flourished! It would be quite fun to go down the seed color/patterning “rabbit hole” one of these lifetimes! I could have a blast just trying to breed and cross-breed seed patterns and those would be a wonderful place to start from! :rofl: Congrats @GregOG , hope they Over Grow The World!

:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

G13 was also at Cornell University in NY allegedly accordingto local lore. From when i started smoking weed in 91 ( earlier for sure)until around 2002 it was around Central Bridge NY, grown in the cornfields along Schoharie Creek, one of the most fertile river bottoms anywhere on Earth. The plants turned Purple top to bottom and closed in on 20 feet tall with 3 foot top colas the
Size of a mans thigh( which were bigger back then lol). The last year it was around the cops( feds) found it. They showed up in dark expensive cars and repelled down ropes from a helicopter( national guard?) As jet skis went up and down the river. The fuzz was on one end Of the field cutting down plants and my buddy’s brother was on the other end of the field harvesting as fast as he could. Dumb ass. He’s lucky he got away. A tractor trailer was filled with plants and driven away to be burned…the last of G13 in m area.
This is why I now share. My buddy’s brother never would, nor would most people i grew up with. I didnt share either. It was the way we were. If you had the best shit you wanted to keep it that way.
Turned out well didn’t it?
Needless to say the potency of g13 was legendary.
I bet someone in my area keeps ot pure. I just dont know who.

15 Likes