Landraces and heirloom

That was a much better reply than, “No”.

10 Likes

Well stated Sir. Celebration of life, great way to spot the silver lining.

7 Likes

Nice. How long was the flowering time? Could it finish inside of 7 months?

2 Likes

I do the same thing. I try to find the silver lining in every situation, but sometimes other people take offense to me doing that. It’s how I personally cope with bad shit, but everyone is different.

4 Likes

Yea, you could finish within 7 months no problem. I went on the long side, could have taken her down early January - like three weeks ago

3 Likes

congrats !!!

looks super

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ve heard conflicting reports about flowering times. I heard something to the effect of flowering times longer than 20 weeks is highly unusual; the plant will either die or reveg.

2 Likes

Beautiful job. Nice you can harvest during mid winter. I’d get into trouble down there lol. Hope she smokes as good as she looks!
@Herrsquidward from. 0-15 degrees latitude 20+weeks is fairly common for at least some phenos and for sure if allowed the plants can reveg on their own too. Or die.

7 Likes

The eastern Manipur Burma I grew went 24 weeks before it was done.

6 Likes

What kind of scents,aromas did you find on that one? from RSC? How long did you cure, decent smoke?

It was from Indian Landrace Exchange and I always smoke some fresh when dry and then in the 3-6 month range. It had a kinda woody earthy smell that did not change much with time.
Most modern strains seem to turn to boof at the 1 year mark but some change while maintaining a strong terp profile. I have a lot of interest in the long term storage ability of a strain and also think some of those flavors people are looking for from the old days require time to develop under the right storage conditions.

12 Likes

24 weeks of flower?

Thai landrace from Dan Chang

18 Likes

Yes from the switch to 12/12

3 Likes

Some of our local stuff(Kwazulu Natal)

26 Likes

SA NLD is the sweet stuff of psychedelic dreams. :heart_eyes: Looks good!

4 Likes

Came across this beauty this morning

Managed to snag a few ripe beans from a early pollination by a male which had just recently been pulled out

46 Likes

Yeah… beautiful. :green_heart:

Happy growings!!!

Was that a volunteer?

1 Like

Basically yes…
Seeds usually just get tossed out into areas where the ground has been cleared of weeds for planting of Corn,Beans and Pumpkins.
Plants usually receive very minimal to no attention apart for the removal of male plants when noticed.
No nutes or spraying and the only water they will get from the natural rainfall.
These are seriously hardy plants

19 Likes