Landraces and heirloom

Wow! That is beautiful. What is that called?

1 Like

Itā€™s our landrace sativa from here in Kwazulu Natal

15 Likes

Mine went 23 weeks. I didnā€™t get any of the advertised blueberry paste taste/ aromas out of mine. Good head high but takes more to do.the job. Trichomes are small but the bud has a silver sheen.
Gets better with age for sure.
@Skyf nice looking kwazulu plant. Really bushy.

4 Likes

A very, very light regimen of nutes could turn something like that into a monster. The climate in SA is similar to that of the SE United States. It would be awesome if the Gulf Coast of the United States became another cannabis hotspot. Our history of producing untaxed (illegal) recreational substances is a long one. It started with the Whiskey Rebellion in 1791 (That was in the Appalachians, but still very much the South). Throughout the decades, there have been moonshiners, pot farmers, meth cooks, etc. operating here. It would be nice if we could grow our bud and be left alone, which is why people settled here initially, and continue to move here from the North.
Sorry to ramble. Iā€™ve had a lot of coffee today.

8 Likes

Interview with Zomia collective for anybody interested:

7 Likes

Thanks @US3RNAM3 I watched that video the other night (after your DM) and really enjoyed putting a face to the name. He does a great job of explaining what Zomia Collective is about and how it got here. I hope I can reconnect with him before too long!

By the way, there are two versions of this up on Youtube. If you donā€™t get the one that asks if you are 18+ years old, switch! They put up one with no ganja images to get around the algorithmā€¦the 18+ one has all the images! And thereā€™s an audio podcast of this as well.

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

How can you get to the one with the pics?

1 Like

I think that is the link to the one with pics. Thereā€™s not all that many pics, but during the interview they put 'em up on screen now and then. Iā€™m signed in and watched it once, so I donā€™t get the 18+ questionā€¦makes it hard to tell, but I believe the posted one is the one you want!

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

Iā€™ll try and watch that tonight. Iā€™d like to hear the interview for sure.

Nice nice hereā€™s a few more Zomia interviews/podcasts:

Same one on YouTube with some images:

Dunno if thereā€™s a Discord archive of this:

Background:

https://medium.com/@matthijsbijl/welcome-to-zomia-the-anarchist-country-youve-never-heard-of-6d2172da8ef3

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendan-dillon-474435242

A Cambodian landrace appellation map Brendan posted, his feed is beautiful:

9 Likes

Hey OG landrace fans!
I would really appreciate and value your input over in my grow diary. Iā€™m starting my first ever landrace seeds in about a month:

Link to poll

My grow diary OP

9 Likes

I feel like the long flowering sativa type are the easiest plants to grow, ever. Itā€™s just that they go in slow motion and you have to be patient and just hang with them. They will reward you. Iā€™ll check out your thread. peace

10 Likes

Iā€™d be honored @GMan . I dig your contributions

2 Likes

Damn. That is beautiful. And fxking gigantic!

1 Like

Oaxacan x Columbian from kagyu of coastal seeds. Some have sweet fruity/rotten fruit smells. Some have a more wild gassy like smell that reminds me of forest herbs and spices. Very intoxicating aromas. Seemed a little stressed indoors but handled it better than expected. I F2d them with pollen collected from 2 males onto 5 females and threw the male pollen on a chem91 s1 and a tk x lemon party both from csi. And I threw on some Burmese/Manipur male pollen on a branch of one of the fruity Oaxacan/Columbian girls that smells like mango.

32 Likes

White buffalo seeds from Canada have Angola if Iā€™m not mistaken

1 Like

icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

Thatā€™s not fair! frech|nullxnull

1 Like

If i get one hundred votes, Iā€™ll close it. Gotta have a fair sample size!

1 Like

I only see it crossed with haze. They used la mana negro Angola. Exotic alchemy has it pure. There was a different one briefly on Strainly and @Guitarzan has some snowhigh angola going now.

8 Likes

Looking great; sounds like a great sativa cross for sure! Good call chucking some of that pollen and I love those autumn colored leaves!

1 Like