Landraces and heirloom

Very cool! I have a few running right now myself. Had my eye on it for awhile - it’s just about the northernmost sativa I’ve ever heard of that isn’t a ruderalis

7 Likes

Thank you :blush: I like that it’s essentially guerrilla weed from a rough climate, hopefully weather won’t be an issue.

5 Likes

That’s cool are y’all going to make any seed , kalamata? And I’m looking for a veit black male just throwing that out there :slight_smile: lol

3 Likes

Nice lineup @GREANDAL, are those the 3gal grow bags? Was thinking of trying those out this season as the black pots just seem to roast roots around here.

@drgreensleeves I do have some VB pollen in the freezer from this past fall that I have no immediate plans for. You are welcome to it and I can send a pic of the male.

6 Likes

Ooh! Cool thanks @deeez99 do you by any chance remember what kind of stem rub he had? That’s pretty awesome you have a picture too :slight_smile: and any other info would also be wonderful like if he was fast, same, or slow to flower? Is touchy or likes some punishment ? :slight_smile: Sorry I didn’t mean to bombard you with questions :slight_smile: and it’ll be awhile , if you think it will keep?

5 Likes

Two gallon bags. Yeah they’re easy for this stage. Don’t have to work a root ball out of a pot when I transplant.

4 Likes

@drgreensleeves I really can’t recall what the stem rub was like but it was a really nice robust plant that toughed out the strong winds and monsoon here. I really enjoyed the structure and leaves. It really didn’t show sex until late July and the first photo below is from the first week of August. The pollen I kept was collected Sep 25th. I was pretty excited for this one initially and was really bummed about it being a dude.

I found a pic when it was in flower also, kinda hard to see it clearly though with all the trees in the background.

16 Likes

Right on! Yup definitely a stud :slight_smile: do you think the pollen would keep till like the beginning next year? @deeez99 to monsoon season? What country? If US what state?

3 Likes

Well I can’t promise viability but I’ve certainly heard of many others using pollen several years old. It was dried at 20% RH for a few days before being placed in the freezer so that should make a difference.

@drgreensleeves AZ

6 Likes

Do you ever go out frog :frog: hunting? Just curious we got sassafras trees here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No I can’t say that I have.

2 Likes

pics say more than thousand words-
i took always the first pic i found on the net of multiple strains i listed above from ACEs OWN INHOUSE strains that i listed as “unshure if hybredized”:

Ethiopian:

Nepalese:
ace 10

Guatemala:

Honduras:

Vietblack x Thai:

Oldtimers Haze:

Thai:

NEw Caledonia:

Lebanese:

20 Likes

I have to say: Ethiopian and Guatemalan look thicker than i rembered them, so, you can have those two on the “eventually hybredized list” .

So, i correct that…

7 Likes

Is there anyone in that region who smokes flower? The plants are beautiful, but I’d be a little annoyed if I grew a large beautiful plant that turns out CBD-dominant.

2 Likes

I am also waiting on some seeds from him, I would venture to guess that he is legitimate if Khalifa is working with him. He seems like a stand up guy, I’m sure he will make the situation right.

4 Likes

I’m hoping to sometime before the end of the year :crossed_fingers: . I’m going to try to separate the males and collect a little pollen to dust on the ladies, before growing out the rest of the seeds inside. I’m still new to the indoor and seed making games so I don’t want to make any guarantees to myself :joy:

6 Likes

The REV(of TLO book/SKUNK Magazine) grew out Balochistan #4 and here is a quote from his smoke report

"Red Baloch. These are the best of the Baloch so far. The amount of resin they produce is impressive. The flavor is wonderful, took a few months to fully develop, now it has a pink lemonade/incense and hash flavor. The stone is very pleasant, euphoric in mind and body. The potency is equal to my own cultivars. It wasn’t finished when I had to harvest, still had quite a few white hairs. I’d like to see what it could do in a drier climate with a longer season.

14 Likes

I hope the same. Is just weird why taking so long with me, but doesn’t matter, this will be my last time to buy stuff from all the guys out there . Same situation with indian97 . Takes ages to send me the seeds and in the end he do not sent what I ask for, I’m tired, I haven’t a lot of money and this can be so stressful for me.

8 Likes

What are you trying to get?

3 Likes

I don’t think any of the newer strains at Ace have been hybridized. Just the older stuff imo.

3 Likes