Landraces and heirloom

Yup. Pollenate now. I do it even earlier, but it looks like plenty of time is left for seed to mature properly. Nice plant! ON Haze? Or OT Haze. What’s ON?

6 Likes

The later you pollenate, the less of it you should do. I’ve pollenated at the end of flower, but only lightly. The plant has limited energy by then. If you attempt full pollenation this late, youll get many white seeds. I’d think you’re still good, but don’t go crazy. Hit some bottom nugs so you can harvest and smoke the tops and leave the rest to finish if you have to.

10 Likes

Ok. Thanks. My understanding is that Acapulco is a Guerrero cultivar, is this a fact or an assumption?

1 Like

I am assuming the same since Acapulco is located in the state of Guerrero. Assuming it is an heirloom older Acapulco Gold I think that would be a safe bet.

2 Likes

The terpene profile should be the same with Acapulco and Guerrero if they are the same…I wish I had direct experience smoking both. Or either for that matter. Have you had the pleasure? I think you’re probably right, and I read the same thing. But, the potency of Acapulco Gold has had me wondering if it isn’t a hybrid.

4 Likes

I smoked some of what was supposed to be Aculpulco Gold back in the late 70s. Not much recollection of it though. It will be interesting to see how he different Guerrero strains compare with each other.

My guess is even back in the 60s and 70s there were different strains being grown.

I relate it to my own personal experience with strains like Kashmir. I used to think this was one single strain. Now as I am introduced to more and more local and regional farmed landraces from that region I realize there is a lot more strain diversity there.

7 Likes

Yeppers all family’s had their own strains

7 Likes

At what point does it become central america?

2 Likes

I’m not sure. For me I would call any of the countries south of Mexico Central America.

I have a Guatemalan Landrace from Ace that I would categorize as a Central American strain.

6 Likes

You are correct

2 Likes

@Upstate, I’m pretty sure the ON or ONH is Original Neville Haze.
I got some from Authentic Genetics, and that’s how he labeled them.

Speaking of those… I really need to run them soon! :thinking:

3 Likes

Oh yeah. Duh. Lol. I should have caught that.thanks!

Mexico to panama. Central America. @Comacus…have you run Guatemalan yet? I slept on that release. Been kicking myself for that decision ever since.

1 Like

When you rename the central American countries Mexico :rofl:

Technically everyone on this side of the planet is American, from Canada all the way down to Chile.

4 Likes

Yeah my confusion is that I thought central america began with mexico or at least somewhere in mexico

Douche bags gonna open up the border so we can all be called central Americans.
Not!

Mexico is not considered part of Central America it’s actually considered North America.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Biden keeps secretly building trump’s wall, we know the media wouldn’t cover it.

Its on his top 5 executive orders list, open it up boys

1 Like

ooohwee. that actually looks kinda familiar, here’s an old school bay area strain called surf’s up. Thai x canadian 50 day indica. I think this one is gone now. I learned to grow with seeds that were gifted to me by a few really cool old school dealers / growers from SF, Oakland, and Humboldt. The surf’s up comes from humboldt. I don’t live in california anymore, but this one was already on the way out. I would still see it occasionally at a few of the prop 215 prop 420 medical dispensaries.

Anyway here’s the most thai surf’s up I ever grew, looks kinda like that one.
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0484-jpg.2166889/
It also kind of looks like a giant hand. a giant hand doing the vulcan salute.

and here are its flowers
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0563-jpg.2166892/
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/img_0562-jpg.2166894/

and some live resin concentrate
https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/hash-jpg.2166896/

sorry this isn’t exactly landrace related.
Been a long time since I had anything thai, I might start a pack of bodhi’s buddha’s hand or prayer tower soon.

2 Likes