Landraces of India

I’ll be following along to see how flowering goes. I think I have some Rasol freebies on the way.

1 Like

Wow!I’m really surprised the plant held up so well to those temperatures. Looks like you’ll have quite the tree on your hands by Harvest Time LOL. I’ve heard reports of close to 20 ft. Will you be using this as ganja or is this to be for hash?

2 Likes

Probably as a tea or edibles. Im expecting low cannabinoid content with close to equal CBD:THC ratio. I’ve also been supercropping and LST the tops to try and calm down stretch armstrong.

1 Like

I believe it that these plants could get 20ft tall easily, especially if trained right. The leaves look droopy all the time, which makes it kind of difficult to tell if it is being underwatered or stressed. The branches seem to be flexible, not sure how tough the monsoons get this far north into India. But the summer moisture is likely part of the reason the airy buds and long internodal spacing have an evolutionary advantage to avoid botrytis like molds. I assume the Rasoli have historically been used for hash or hand rubbed charas.

6 Likes

You are right. Rasol has been historically used for Chara’s production. It seems to be genetically different from any of the other varieties in Himachal Pradesh. Some people think Nepalese genetics were mixed with local genetics years ago. Don’t Let the lower THC percentage fool you… rasol is known to be quite potent if you get a THC dominant plant. The hash it makes has been known to be red or even purple in color, and often tastes of mint. If it can finish properly where you are, I think you are in for a real treat
The droopy leaves are normal. It definitely makes it look as if the plant is under-watered. I think the plants have adapted to high wind over the years, so even the leaves are flexible like the stems. Bud’s of this one are not always Airy, tho you would never get anything rock-solid either. The area definitely has a decent amount of rainfall, but the Harvest months are often dryer. September, October, November…

7 Likes

Hello brothers I’m so sorry I was not posting anything on dis overgrow and was out of reach for 2-4 days on IG as well, I had some other cell which was not secured at all for posting the status and discussion regarding landraces, brought new cell just before yesterday and I’m 100% reachable to all of you from today onwards.

I have sent all the couriers from my place on the way to you guys, I will personally track each courier of my brothers and will keep you posted.
Some people was interested in some more varieties and I have successfully added that varieties in ur specific orders and I promise you will love the quality and each varieties.

I’m so so sorry I had major delay in dispatching all the couriers on your ways, because covid was not an that big issue at the time we were discussing about my indian landraces collection and I thought before this covid gets bigger issue for india I will dispatch all the couriers on ur ways, but suddenly Canada and usa government banned the indian flights and were not allowing couriers as well, fortunately ban of flights are now uplifted and even couriers are going smoothly.

Just because of dis delays you guys might be upset because of all the money you have sent me and I was out of reach from here,but I was totally active on IG for the queries and updates of the couriers.

I don’t see any of my clients for one time business, I really love to build long life relations and keep my all brother clients happy as much as I can.

I’m extremely sorry it was not my intention to keep you guys on waiting, if I was knowing there will be flight ban I would have never asked you for sending the payments.

I was depressed because you all my brothers sent me payments and I was like tied not able to give your beans because postal services was saying the specific countries have banned the flights from India so they are not able to take the bookings.

I’m so fortunate I got dis community and same mindset people or the people who are working on the same mission.
And your support and appreciation towards my collection really boosted my confidence, business and I’m on my next hunt of new varieties.

I will just call all the names whose order has been processed and shipped please let me know if unknowingly I forgot someone.

Daniel,blackgolden,papalag,olereynold, Gpaw,lefthandseeds,cadman,roryborealis,greenbhoy, guitarzan and upstate.

So sorry again for the delay we had but trust me, the private shipping companies was asking for 100$ some others was asking for 120$ for one courier,just because of lockdown and covid situation.

I hope you guys will keep faith and trust in me, and I promise I will keep you sending my new ones and unique ones on your way without failing and I promise dis kind off situation will never arise again.

I’m really happy I got people I must say brothers like you that too from other countries, I will never forget dis.

The courier receipt I will send you guys individual in chats,I’m just far away from the home and my city,
Please guys take care of dis covid situation and we have lost some valuable people just because of dis shitty covid virus.

Some more and unique varieties are coming I will definitely post here and I will be more active here from dis week.

Thank you so much my brothers you are like family now. :pray::pray::pray:

Thank you so much @Upstate brother for giving me dis platform for preservation of indian landraces, I know just because of me you might had some headaches. :slightly_smiling_face:

24 Likes

I hope dis pic makes your morning happy

22 Likes

It’s good to have you back, Shiv. I am happy to hear that you are well. Your contributions to Overgrow are greatly appreciated and much needed.

Man. What a great place to smoke some magical ganja. What region is that in the picture, and which cultivar did you roll up to smoke?

6 Likes

Good to hear from you buddy. I was sure you’d come through, and I’m thankful you did LOL. Very pretty wherever you were standing taking that photo. Are those lines in the hill up above you from animals walking there or is it natural?
You have to use the @ symbol to get peoples attention @Shiv9545.
In your last Instagram post you mentioned you were smoking something special…what was it?
@Danielb4200 or @DanielGrowPhotos , @BlackGoldNGreen , @Papalag , @OleReynard, @Gpaw, @lefthandseeds , @CADMAN , @GreenBhoy , @Guitarzan
@RoryBorealis I see you already got the message😁

8 Likes

Thank you for the update I hope all is well with you and your family and I am enjoying the scenery

Peace to you my brother

@Upstate
Thanks to you as well

3 Likes

Good to heard from you man. Yeah Covid is shitty and it’s everywhere. The Delta version you had has swept the UK too. Glad you’re back okay.

3 Likes

@resinates_well
How was germination on these? I have enough Rasoli to do a quite a large run, didn’t run this year because I want run them outside in central oklahoma, and I have a new neighbor. Turns out I should have since they are never home
Any other helpful info would be great

3 Likes

Hey @Shiv9545!! :grinning: It’s good to see you man. I’m sure we all suspected that Covid would continue to play a role in our bean procurement process, I know I did. I don’t think anyone here’s gonna blame you for that, so I think your reputation is just fine on OG. :slight_smile:

How’s your leg doing Shiv? I broke my leg when I was 4, and I was in a full leg cast. I was extremely hyperactive as a child, so I couldn’t just sit still. I’d scoot along the floor on my butt, and drag that cast behind me. I had it on for 6 weeks, and they had to repair the heel of my cast twice, and my Grandparents had to replace the Linoleum on their floor. I hope you’re doing better than that. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

3 Likes

100% germination, but I only popped a few, maybe 3, just wanted at least one female. I popped the Rasoli for fun. I have a feeling the Rasoli will do fine in central Oklahoma.

1 Like

Damn 20 foot tall lol I hope they do well indoors I’ll need a sky light lol

2 Likes

I can geo them behind my shop which is fourteen foot
The will still be visible if they get above that

2 Likes

Woo hoo!! My man @Shiv9545 coming through with the goods!

Thank you for all of your hard work. I know it has been a tough situation this past year. The worst isn’t over yet but you have good vibes coming your way from across the pond.

Can’t wait to see what comes through. Thank you again sir.

3 Likes

@Shiv9545
What do you have that finishes in 12 weeks or less. I really want to add some of these old world genes into some of my grows but having limited space can’t really have plants that will stretch like crazy.

2 Likes

Hi LemonadeJoe, I’m still finding my way around the site and wondered how to put a members name (@LemonadeJoe) in a post?
Thankyou.

1 Like

Hi Shiv, I am new here to OG but I just wanted to say, I think everybody here thinks you are great. You are here to give us the gift of landraces, and this is the worst situation the world has faced for a while. It’s completely understandable that you were having problems.

Please don’t blame yourself, people understand.

6 Likes