Lavender. Let’s talk about it

You just MIGHT!!! “Shhhhhhh!!” SSBW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Didn’t lavender have some Indian genetics in it? Perhaps I am thinking of something else? It was a Soma strain.

What’s the scoop with lavender? There was a seed run not too long ago. Anybody holding? I have a friend that’s looking for lavender and I would be willing to put up some of my oaxacan seeds if somebody would be willing to send him some for a trade…

9 Likes

@Heritagefarms did the preservation and had a buy in. He had some of the seeds for sale and surely trade, too. He was real busy last I saw him here. I finally got some but I haven’t looked how many. Prolly 5-10?

3 Likes

I have a pack of mr.bee’s soma lavendar I would donate to a run if it happens.

11 Likes

Omg omg omg. If I can come up with some proper lighting and an exhaust fan (shouldnt be a problem) I could just about confidently volunteer to seed run them!

5 Likes

One of my all time favorite strains. First time I went to a cannabis dispensary in 2004 I bought some Lavender and it was love at first sight!
One of the dankest plants I’ve grown was
Lavender x Trainwreck and Lavender Jack… and my Lavender Frosting :hugs: :call_me_hand:t2:

8 Likes

Thanks Gman. I’m sure he is swamped with work this time of year. I’m looking forward to finding out how yr friends are doing with Malana. Glad to hear you have a male and female😁…still making that hybrid?

3 Likes

If it’s not already done, lol… I had a nice looking Kashmir male that I let go ahead and flower and pollen it everywhere. ha. So, yep, I will. The Malana are just starting up. Male seems to be a little ahead so thats normal. I’ll paint some buds with the Kashmir. I’ll try and collect pollen from the male. I’d like to get the Kashmir cross done. The Kashmir are on their way so, I don’t know if I’ll have time to use the Malana on the AK. Maybe I should start another Kashmir for indoors and get some Malana pollen on it.

I should have the one cross for sure. I’m thinking of letting them fill out a little more but not long. The two are in pots, female in a 7 gal, male is in a 3 gal. So, If I have to they can come inside to finish. I love the looks of the Malana. Very petite and beautiful. Both have a lime green look with red stems and red striped stalk. :+1:

5 Likes

Hit up Heritagefarms on PM and haven’t heard back so he must be busy, also didn’t realize that the seed run was last year, so I feel a little dumb for asking about them anyway.

@PetalPowerseed id put my other stuff on the back burner to try for a seed increase, but I’ve never done a pollination before and I’m working with a very small flower space, so I’d hate to roll the dice my first time on such a unique strain and risk failure. If someone else on here wants to do the actual run though I’d be happy to help support in any way I can

2 Likes

@GMan it sounds like you have some
Wild stuff going on! Any grow logs for it so I can check it out?

1 Like

Ok I have some lavender that was gifted by a fellow OG from the preservation run
After reading this thread

NOW I NEED TO RUN THEM

Paps

6 Likes

I got you!!! Send “Personals”, they can ride tomorrow. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: Soma Lavender, “MOST psychedelic of his strains, Afghani, Hawaiian, Korea Mix, Long Veg grows T-A-L-L Monsters, at the end, leaves turn almost BLACK, dense buds gives off Afghan Hash fragrance.”

11 Likes

The Lavender a friend ran hermied real bad. He ran 2 full packs at the same time. The males even had hairs. He got one slightly hermie female out of everything. He got the seeds directly from Soma.

That part I know is true. We did hear a rumor that Soma had something against American’s at the time. Some said he sent shit genetics to the US. My friend would have been better off getting seeds from a seed bank. The only reason I think this part may be true is that is the only time I have ever heard of Lavender being that bad. Who knows maybe it was just one batch of seeds.

1 Like

Hey bro, not yet but I will be starting a journal right away. I’m just busy trying to stay above water lately.

Thanks, I have some Kashmir, a couple of Malana, and Purple Poison Cookies going atm, with two nice volunteer plants doing their thing naturally. One is about 7’ tall now and the other is only 4’.

And, I got some clones off of the plants I took to friends earlier this summer, Orange Goji, Herijuana, and Paonia Purple Paralyzer. I’ll try and get a thread going to journal the flowering time. peace

1 Like

if you’ve got seeds from the Lav preservation run, i’ve got an unopened pack of NightOwl white stomper seeds that i’d be willing to put up for trade. no sweat if they’re already spoken for or whatever, just thought id throw it out there.

3 Likes

Soma DOESN’T send his gear DIRECTLY to the U.S. That’s why we have to have a Euro-friend “go-between”. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: That doesn’t mean a certain Run of his might NOT herm on ya.

3 Likes

AFTER the September Thingy, I CAN do that!!! I’ll hold, say TEN back for you, if that’s agreeable. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

absolutely, ill be around, just hit me up whenever you’re ready.

1 Like

I replied to @Upstate because, when I first washed up on the OG Shores, having floundered in the treacherous waters of the other Grow Forums, @Upstate AND @oleskool830 dragged my old weak arse outta the surf, jumped on my chest (poor man’s CPR), and got me upright. I’m FOREVER indebted to those two, I go the EXTRA MILE if I can!! Just wanted to make my partiality fully transparent . SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

12 Likes