Lavender. Let’s talk about it

Im going to hop on this train as well, Lol. @misterbee if there are any Lavender left over, I can trade you for them, will even bias the trade to favor you more if need be!

Edit: that being said, I will be trying for them at the giveaway thingy and every chance before then as well!

1 Like

absolutely man, no sweat at all. im grateful to even know theyre still out in the universe

2 Likes

The two on the left are Lavender x White Widow babies, testing stability on these two. Germination is 100%, now to see if white widow increased the vigor any? Lol

5 Likes

You are a gentleman and a scholar! You are a gem here on overgrow and you set an excellent example that can never be exceeded. Thank you so much for your generosity!
I would also like to thank @SeymourGreen, @PlantShepherd and new OG’er @Trimdiesel for offering up some Lavender seeds as well. You are all OG!

12 Likes

Really inspiring to see genuine selfless generosity going down here on OG

7 Likes

Figured I’d drop all (or at least most) of the info I was able to find on the lavender here as a little one stop shop for anyone else who might be trying to find info on it. Anybody out there that has experience with the plant feel free to jump in and chop up whatever you read that doesn’t sound accurate or co-sign whatever does ring true :v:t2::v:t2:

There are some other resources but they all seem to be pulling info from one of these sites’ write ups. I’ve actually been surprised to see how consistent the information has been on the strain from what I can tell, however little info there actually is. If anyone out there has other info please post, I figure if nothing else this thread could serve as a resource for anyone else finding themselves looking for info on the cultivar. :v:t2:

9 Likes

I had the clone only Lavender and I’ve been super curious if any of the seed lines do it justice. The cut I had was Phenomenal herb but vegged slow and yielded poorly. Would love to get that back or even something similar.
I tend to believe maddfarmers story of Soma stealing a NorCal/Southern OR cut and trying to claim credit for breeding it

4 Likes

I think there’s a very good chance a Flip of Soma’s Lavender might decide to show up during that September Thingy!! Don’t quote me, though…awe, I guess you can. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping for, watching like a hawk through the 15th!

@LegsMahoney Sorry for the lack of response your message must have slipped by me somehow, I have been and continue to be rather busy but do check in here from time to time to see what everybody has been up to. I don’t have a lot of the lavender beans as I have been handing them out to friends for awile now. I do have enough set aside to do another seed run at some point but it will won’t be soon, I have to many other seeds to pop and projects to finish atm. There should how ever be some other members around who have a decent amount and may be willing to trade. There should be a list somewhere in the lavender grow show thread of the original participants and I’m pretty sure some of them were intending on using them for trading.
In regards to soma I tried every possible method of contacting them from email to phone calls and they never responded, they definitely don’t ship to the states directly, we went threw a few steps to get the originals in a unopened pack. I’m not sure about the other members experience with herm plants maybe just bad luck but I havent seen any thing like that in the line.
@Purple_Drank604 In regards to purple kush , there was a purple Afghan and a Hindu Kush / purple Afghan cross that were commonly sold as purple kush during the 1990-2000 era and the purple Afghan is still around but almost impossible to get. After the 2000 era the sr71 purple kush came into the oakland medical scene and became what was commonly sold as purple kush. The Afghan was green and dark purple almost black with chunky round buds. The Hindu cross was brighter purple with denser buds and the sr71 was brighter purple with a much more stretched out froth structure. The purple Afghan and sr71 smelled and tasted a lot alike.

7 Likes

That was some of the first absolute AAA indoor that came around our area. Most stuff was vacuum sealed and they could be good, but however they packaged that Lavender was excellent. It had a deep incense smell. Kind of spicy. I remember liking the high a lot, but we are talking about 2004. Somewhere around that time, hence the shitty pics. I can’t remember it too well. image

6 Likes

I just finished making F3s of Maddfarmers Tripoli Wicked F2s.
Tripoli Wicked is listed as Lavender x Purple Urkle but listening to the potcast it sounds like it’s actually a male that was one of the parents of Urkle. I had to research cause I was super confused how he got regs from two clone only cuts. Anyway, they are drying now and I’ll happily send you some when they are ready🤙🏽

6 Likes

@Heritagefarms thanks for swinging in and responding! I hadn’t checked this thread in a while myself. I’ll definitely take a look at that list and make some inquiries. I know I’ve talked to at least one other person who got them and plans to make more seeds, so ive got a line on em for sure.

@Motaco that herb looks and sounds truly excellent. For sure need something like that in my life.

@ElMasSabroso that’s incredibly generous of you to offer, I’d be happy to talk trade with you when they’re dry to make it worth your while.

So rad to see the notification for this thread light up again, I had kind of forgotten about this little quest. I’m sure everyone can relate that here at OG in the process of looking for the genetics you want you stumble into a lifetime of other seeds from really kind generous folks. But this new flurry of responses has for sure re-lit the fire! Might have to go listen to mad farmers episode of the potcast again to hear him wax poetic again about the Lavender.

5 Likes

It def has a floral incense lavender smell going and tastes like old school hash. Some are more purple then others and quite a few have hairs that turn from white to pink and then finish a deep orange almost red color. The next lavender I grow I work on will be a cross I made to DJ shorts grape crush. When granddaddy purple first hit the med scene there was also a strain called purple rain that I found superior. Purple rain was lavender/grape crush and the crew with the cuts got busted and it’s gone so I’m going to hope and find something similar by doing the same cross.
There was a purple craze for a min early medical days and grand daddy, mendo purps, purple Afghan, sr71 purple kush , lavender and purple urkle were being grown by everybody. I’m working on getting the sr71 and urkle but it will be a minute the people who hold it only let them go once a year and I missed out this year :weary:
If anybody went to the cup and is holding a urkle or sr71 i would love to know about it.

8 Likes

Sounds like an awesome project! I hear so many folks talk about the old school purples from that time period. A lot of folks say that those are some of the most relaxing, anti anxiety, and pain relieving varieties, so they .really pique my interest. Fun to have a little goal in mind for the garden and something to hunt around for like that

4 Likes

I agree with @LegsMahoney it is nice to see this thread light up again.

@Heritagefarms Thanks for the history lesson on all those purple cuts! I’ve heard a few breeders on the Pot Cast talk about them and have always been super interested!

I was the one who snagged the Lavender seeds from Mr Bees giveaway and plan on trying to make seeds with them if I get the right ratio of males and females. Already promised a boatload to @LegsMahoney … haven’t forgot about ya buddy!

Awesome! I’m planning on making some seeds from his Maddgically Delicious seeds. It was the only pack I could get before everything sold out. I’m finding his stuff hard to find these days.

Wow… sounds incredible! If you make a thread or something tag me! I’d want to see how that plays out.

4 Likes

Check it out almost two years ago sense the seeds were first germinated , I’m very surprised more people haven’t grown these out, although I have seen some crosses show up in the seed markets about six months after these were sent out :thinking: I think most people are either using it for breeding or just sitting on there share for preservation purposes.

6 Likes

I ended up with a single seed from an oz called Lavender. Bought it off the street from a medicine lady since its illegal where I used to live. Not having any idea about anything genetics wise, since I had just started my first grow a few weeks prior, i tossed that seed in a solocup for a solo cup grow. I made my first clone from her once i figured out I had something special about week 3 of flower. I flowered the monster crop clone as well, and sent clones to a buddy to try to preserve the strain, but it didnt work. I was able to catch a few seeds from her when a white widow hermed on me. Ive grown 2 of these out and one is crazy trich covered, the other is very Lavender leaning.

Original seed mother in solo cup in flower

Monster crop in flower, she made purple trichomes

The offspring

WWxL #1

WWxL #2

I have no way of knowing if this was legitimately Lavender, or if it was Somas. But it smelled like a straight lavender, and skunk. Smoked tasted like whole mouthful of lavender. #1 exhibits alot of the mothers traits, but with increased vigor, yields, and a more sweeter, earthy, floral smell rather than skunk. Its nice to smoke

14 Likes

I didn’t think you’d forgot brother! I know all too well how many irons you got in the fire right now, i am a patient boy (I wait I wait I wait I wait, any fugazi fans out there?)

4 Likes

Holy sheeeeeat!!! What a beautiful plant. That would be so neat to find. I’m happy you grew out the seeds from the white widow that threw balls… might as well right?! Never know what you’re going to get. Those offspring are insane! Did you find any intersex traits in the offspring?

2 Likes