LED Bulb to Growlight

That had to cost a small fortune. Gotta be huge as well

2 Likes

Shout out to sungod x shroomgod collab :wink:

1 Like

I forgot to ask you, with the power boards, did you send them to a terminal connector and then bring the cord to that or splice them directly onto the cord?

2 Likes

i brought the power cord and the powerboards to a terminal strip as it just easier that way and you can remove the power cord other wise.

But the ac side of the light power boards were wired together in parallel in sets of 2, just cause i already had them that way from the previous bucket.

2 Likes

These would probably do the trick. I’d just screw em into a peice of wood.

4 Likes

Yes, Someone else had shown me those. They are actually better than the ones I would have used. The only thing I can see with these is that you would either have to run all of your wires on the front or drill one hole on either side to bring the wires to the back. Definitely doable.

2 Likes

I’d just wire them in the front. If I was to do something else with them bc I was paranoid. I’d drill 1" holes (or w/e width the long socket part is) and install them backwards. Drilling the screws down the opposite direction. That’s a lot of work though for maybe a little protection from water? I mean the wires aren’t going to fall out so don’t see why else you’d do that. And if you’re getting water on you’re lights never ever get a hps/mh. Boom lol

2 Likes

Never thought of that. It would have to be thin wood, though.

2 Likes

Decided to do something like @Mr.Sparkle’s bucket/comp case/small cabinet grow with the 14w boards.

Saw something today and thought I would get some input from y’all. Has anyone ever done anything with these (or similar)?

https://www.amazon.com/LOHAS-White-Power-Energy-Saving/dp/B00CZ75TWA/ref=pd_sim_21_11?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00D1GT772&pd_rd_r=da352b83-7b14-11e8-b27c-e96328b0e298&pd_rd_w=x0hGa&pd_rd_wg=Fv3Lu&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=7967298517161621930&pf_rd_r=SMA0GQE7H1AD8X25NA73&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&refRID=SMA0GQE7H1AD8X25NA73&th=1

I get Amazon gift cards, that I usually use for supplies, but was intrigued with these. Are these something usable, say around 4 of them? Would a Mean Well (or similar) work for these?

1 Like

You’d be better going with citizen cobs like CLU038 or 048 for higher power. They are proven in actual grows and quite cheap. You can use a cheap Chinese led driver to keep the cost down. For heatsinks the cheapest is a CPU sink and fan for each chip. You can rip them out of old towers to save cash.

Have a look at a site called LED gardener pal. You will find loads of info on diy led rigs there.

1 Like

those ebay/chineseum 100w/50w chips are junk straight up. Just wasting money on them, bigclive on youtube i believe has a decent breakdown of the construction of them.

4 Likes

Trust me, those chinese cobs probably suck just as bad as the chinese “Driverless” cobs. (4 pictured, only one installed to test)

White Widow Auto grown with one of those 50w driverless cobs. FLUFFY BUDS. Looks impressive but I wasn’t pleased with the results. (1x1x2 cab for reference) Got MAYBE 1oz?

1 Like

i found with my plants, when headroom as an issue, i simply started flipping to bloom when smaller. i have not missed any weight, and if anything i get more at harvest time. my cabinet is 5 foot 10 inches, once my cool tube is hung, i have about 5 feet. i noticed my plants just had long legs, and the buds still only grow at the top, once i flipped a foot shorter, nothing on top changed, bud wise. jsut shorter plants.

i use those led bulbs in my mini fridge grow space.

Looks like the more experienced guys here got the lighting covered, figured I’d throw this at you.

Make your own plant food with plant material or fruit and add sugar. Trying it out myself but lots of people on here seem to be using it. Much better than chemical nutes. And it’s the cheapest you can get.

1 Like

Here is another ponder for the group. Which is better, the white lights which go by the temperature or the “grow” lights that use the “nm” scale and are usually purply?

I know that from the beginning of time, there was nothing but the “vapor” lights and while they may have been a little blue or a little yellow, they were just “levels of white”. But now with LEDs coming into common use, which is more effective? I know that more and more hydro vegetable and floral growers are switching to the grow lights.

The question is. if you had a choice in LEDs of the traditional white ones or the led full spectrum grow lights, which would everyone choose?

Most of us would say white light now-a-days. I like 3500K because imo it’s got a good blend of what you’d get out of running MH for veg, and HPS for flowering. Dense sticky short noded bushes for me!

Just my .02 tho :smiley:

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that white light is a “fuller spectrum” for the plants, but varying levels of blue and red determine if they want to stretch or bush out. Can’t remember which cor does what though.

1 Like

Red promotes stretch, blue promotes short compact growth.

2 Likes

Exactly what I was looking for!

I’m trying a mix of 2700K and 3500K solstrips with a red/blue strip in each rack (fixture), there will be 3 racks in total when i finally get hers built.

Got some nice lush bushes under them so far :thumbsup: