LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

yeah clearing spaces. I got mites pretty bad im gonna push the flower tent through then bomb everything with pyretium tr foggers n reset. Ill be running some new blackberry hammer crosses i got along side some chem4x bag of oranges and some others from the safe i havent run yet. Switching up to more indica leaning strains. Also got curios purple punch. Got 2 seeds in a dispo jar i just wanna prove i can grow it better than the man making 150,000 a year they imported from colorado. I was in the build of curios grow warehouse. I was amazed to hear that they pay that much relocated dude to a house here n all. Right now im finishing up on nl5 x sensi star and some chem d x choc d heres the nl x ss pics kinda ugly if you click on it theyre much clearer.

10 Likes

icky!!! Man that gave me the heebie jeebies. Make sure you have protocols to keep from getting re-infested. err wait, did I already say that on anther thread? All these spider mite infestations are starting to blend together into a spider mite blur.

6 Likes

Yup. Im resetting everything but to be sure im bombing both with trs and basic raid bombs. Might buy a new tent as this one leaking light a little and few years old. Ill bleach everything once theyre dead and be using a combo of essential oils in the growspaces along with home defense around rest of house.

3 Likes

well I was thinking more like brush yourself off before you enter the grow, or don’t run from the garden straight into your grow. Just stuff to prevent the transmission of parasites. Don’t bring stuff in from outside…etc.

4 Likes

Yeah. It’s crazy how people get paid to do certain thing when they are not that good at what they do. A lot of that going on in music these days.
I remember when I had mites for the first time. I didn’t know what was going on. Started some clones in the infested tent same thing Started happening. I was telling folks I don’t see any webs. Lol. I had seen a grow with webs. It was that bad. Everyone told me to look closer. I said Ohhhh. I still felt relieved that I figured it out. I think you might have actually helped me out with that to @JoeCrowe. I actually got them my first grow back. If I had a big grow I would be horrified getting them.

2 Likes

hah hah just imagine my big bud plants so covered in mites the pistils were held down to the buds by webbing. Been there, done that!!! I brought in these infested plants with the plan I could figure out how to bring plants in from somewhere else yet remain pest free. Oh the horrors. At least I eventually figured it out. oh my, eventually. took five months. shudder

4 Likes

Ohh no. I would probably cry.

1 Like

Photos of the day! Or… my day. Or… the ones I just took. Day 74!

There was a lot of stuff dieing on the seeded bud so that's gone. Working on getting the seeds out.
13 Likes

Yup. Youre absolutely right. I did a few dumb things last summer like took clones from an outdoor plant that was a beast in the yard. I quarantined them and sprayed but probably didnt keep to the bugs life and reproduction cycles. Im pretty good on making sure im clean going in but those clones the bugs probably got off of and settled in the house. Probably why its so bad. They most likely been at it 6 months before i really noticed them. Then my dumb ass decided to try an sog multiplying my plant count to near 80 plants. Bad move. Learn n move forward. Now its a war thing. Got to kill everything n start clean n not make mistakes this time. Its all good ill get past em. I lost my chiquita cut that sucks but got 7 more seeds of it to find a new one eventually. Id like to get rid of organic materials like soil just ive never run in straight water except the ez clone.

2 Likes

This is exactly the reason I only grow from seed or personal clones. Plus if anything goes South I have only me to blame.

3 Likes

Your plants are looking absolutely stunning, my friend. Love that buddage. With a good cure on those, when you smoke that you should be “Toe Up from the Flo Up”. Great job!

5 Likes

Thanks. Theyre my first nl cross i ran. I got 8 out of 10 seeds left so ill find a new one n keep clones once i destroy these bugs. I have clones of her but the bugs gotta go and anything theyre attached to.

3 Likes

Good luck. I tried many things and had little success. I was told that if you cover the soil to keep it from dumping out, if growing in soil, but to turn you plant upside down in a five gallon bucket full of water and leave for awhile. The plan , I assume, is to drown those mofos. Just a thought. Never tried it but would not think water would harm your plants.

1 Like

Wow I can see the color difference, you think maybe bubbles are causing that? I noticed that my stone tends to stay on one side of the bucket. She’s gorgeous regardless.

4 Likes

I have wondered the same thing. I don’t think so. You can really grow without a stone if you wanted. As long as part of your roots are submerged and some in the air she will still grow. It’s not ideal. Your talking about the old shot right? After I upped the ph a lil but that stopped. The Maxi was causing it to drop because of over feeding.

2 Likes

That last pic in the feed, I saw you mention color difference and she looked dark on one side and lighter on the other. I could have it all mixed up.

2 Likes

Hey @Hoppy I’m starting to see what you were talking about with the purple on the bottom of the leaves.

I had a suspension that the fade might have had more to do with age then to do with PH this time around. She’s getting old. She’s and old gal. I noticed this morning that it looked like there was some color trying to seep through the leaves.

The purple is late to the show. Let’s see what she dose.

8 Likes

So I was thinking at the beginning of the flush I was thinking of giving her Bud Candy and PH water for a few days. I was using the calculator @JoeCrowe posted.
https://www.technaflora.com/grow-room/calculator/
They recommend something similar. I guess in theory the plant begins to starve for nutrition pulling anything it can out of the water. Having nothing to feed on but the Bud Candy. Goal being maximum trichome production this gal can produce.

3 Likes

Yep @LilJonB that’s it. Man I am starting to get impatient, I can only imagine how the anticipation is for you. I checked trics everyday after nine weeks thinking I was missing something, had buddies look incase I was blind. Lol. Btw I love the burnt tip look of the leaves, push her to the edge :+1:

1 Like

Truth be told I never flush the plants. Tried it both ways, didn’t notice a difference, personally.

3 Likes