LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

Here we go!
This round I will be doing @Hoppy 's HOPSCOTCH I hope I do him justice and make them proud! I have been in anticipation for this grow for a while.
Here is @Hoppy 's work:

Hopscotch. Ant she a beauty! photo by: @Hoppy

Now of course for the Hopscotch I’m looking for that purple pheno we all love. Never attempted to get that that particular color out of a plant. Alot of things I hear is alot of it comes down to lower temperature in flower. I should be able to achieve this.

49 Likes

I will be following, good luck!

6 Likes

Will be following along @LilJonB . I’m sure you will get some great results . :smiley: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Now I have only ran one seed straight in DWC. I run all of my General Hydroponics Flora Series at half strength to keep the PPMs in check. That being said I will be using half the recommended seedling dose to start these of right out of the DWC. I used to start my seeds in soil to develop roots then wash the soil from the roots to put into DWC. This cost me about a week of grow time. So I practiced recently to make sure everything went smooth. I’m pretty confident I know what I’m doing. I was really wanting to get some rockwool cubes. I’ve read that they can harbour bacteria that I don’t necessarily need in my resivor. Anyone have any experience with this?
Hopefully we see a little action soon. Just put them in paper towels yesterday. We shall see.
I will keep up with my temps and PPMs as we go. I’ll try my best not to get lazy.

3 Likes

Rockwool cubes or root riots/roto rooters.

The last few dwc I’ve done with roto rooters without issue.

Only big issues with rockwool are:
It usually needs presoaked at the correct PH, you really should block all light from getting to it to stop any algae or mold growth on the cube, and don’t set it so it’s sitting in water all the time or you’ll likely get damp off. Other than that rockwool generally works fine. I’m actually going back to those big RW blocks for a flood and drain setup soon.

In the meantime, I’m pulling up a chair for this show :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Chair pulled up, joint in hand here for the ride.

Going to be following hopscotch closely. She intrigues me.

2 Likes

I’ll be following this one if you don’t mind @LilJonB!

1 Like

Thanks for the info in the rockwool @HolyAngel. With those I won’t have to worry about dropping seeds through the net pot. For now I will allow the tap root ms to grow a little longer the usual. Then place them into the net pot with a little bit of clay pellets. Adding more pellets as they grow.

Hey @Chronickyle! Hopscotch is very intriguing. Can’t wait to get her her in my bucket.

@Sasquatch you are more then welcome!

2 Likes

Exciting! Loading my bong.

1 Like

Dropping in, taking that empty seat in the corner. ALWAYS a pleasure to see you work your magic, @LilJonB, I learn a lil bit more each and every time I scope out your efforts. Well wishes for success are certainly sent your way. SS/BW, ALL…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Is the black candyland in seed or clone form?

This was the one strain I wanted from JOTI but the group buy was slow to take off and we missed it

2 Likes

I will certainly be watching, started four a couple months ago flipped a couple weeks ago and had to cut three males out. So disappointing. It got cold and I switched lights twice (excuses). Not growing for seed this round, guess I should have with only one girl. Good luck my friend.

4 Likes

They are seeds

2 Likes

Sorry I’m late…
It was Floyd’s fault… he was holding up the popcorn line, something about the cannabutter not being green enough… :popcorn: :laughing:

Cheers
G

13 Likes

Haha! Its a freaking party in here! Whats up peeps! I know I was a little premature on the post. I just wanted to get warmed up. Post my thoughts and more importantly I love to hear your thoughts.
Welcome @other_barry. @misterbee your always invited. Thanks for the good vibes! Whats up @SquirtleSquad.
@Gpaw!!! Whats up man!
And of course @Floyd & @Hoppy for making this possible! The timing of the Black Candyland could not have been better. Thought I was going to have to run the Hopscotch on its own.

Damn that sucks. I really dont want to jinxs it. I’m running 1 & 1. I’ve given it some thought. If I do run into a male I could flip the other back into veg for a little longer to fill out my tent. Maybe I should pull out some more buckets.

6 Likes

I know you guys want to see these grown out as much as I do so I went ahead and dropped a couple more seeds. I haven’t seen anything in the others just yet. Probably just need to warm up a little bit so there going ontop the fridge.
It’s going to get a little bit tight but I think I can fit 2 4 gallons in there just until flower. If I have more females then I need I can give them to away. I know of one other grower through a friend that may want them.

6 Likes

Both looking very nice :ok_hand: that black candyland is something I may pick up after seeing that pic!!!

2 Likes

I know right! You the man @Floyd.
I have to go to my lil brother’s birthday gathering. So I’ll be checking on the seeds when I get home to give you folks an update.

2 Likes

nice need to see where this ride takes me :slight_smile:

all the best and grow well

Dequilo

2 Likes

I tried to sex seeds, failed. They were short and bushy, the taller of the four was female. Had me conned from the start.

1 Like