Logbook of the Nautilus

These is the Seedrun of the melonberry Zoda (thats the correct name, not Watermelon Zoda)
These males look a little bit “weird” to me… what do you think?!

Saludos!

8 Likes

They do look “different “ to me too not sure exactly why but something is screaming unique at me. Personally I like weird, even mutants and stuff, maybe not for breeding but sometimes actually often those mutants are killer headstash smoke.

2 Likes

I’m just a bit sceptical about the white hairs coming out here and there between their balls
Never had a male herm before. My camera isn’t really good for closeups either…

1 Like

Oh, ya if there’s hairs protruding that’s definitely not supposed to happen…. :thinking:

2 Likes

right?? yeah on these two are definitely some white hairs between the balls. Not many,but some…
So i watch i 2 or 3 more days and then chop it? Or what would be to do?

2 Likes

Ya if it keeps up I’d chop him for sure. At least before pollen falls or at least isolate and collect if you still want it?

2 Likes

All right. I think herms are not good in an F2. So they get chopped.
Many thanks :facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

Awesome, that would be my advice but I hate telling others what to do unless asked. My pleasure :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @CaptainNemo.

3 Likes

Thank you very much!!
I still can’t believe how amazing this place is!!

4 Likes

OG has is a great community of like minded cannabis connoisseurs.

3 Likes

Welcome @CaptainNemo , thank you for growing and starting a grow journal, good to have you here!

3 Likes

Thank you very much!! :facepunch:t3:

3 Likes

The sea is quite today, so time for a small update!
After i get some COB Lights as a gift, i tought i give them a try on my small tent.
Even if the clones looks really healthy, they weren’t growing much.
Yesterday i realized that was in the wrong package and instead of 4500k Veg, these
are 3000k. So no wondern why the plants decide to stay small and stout :smile:
I hung the lights higher from 25cm to 55 cm and today in the morning they have doubled up :smile:

The bigger tent start slowly budding up in Week 5. They seem a bit slow to me, but no idea what they are missing.

Have a great weekend everybody!!
Saludos!!

13 Likes

Thanks for linking your thread and damn…that’s a lot of plants…:grin::v:t3: Will gladly tag along to see what ur cooking in there…:eyes:
What medium are you growing in?

4 Likes

Hola and welcome on board :wink:
I have to stay busy :smile:
I’m using a soil/perlite mix in some “DIY-Autopot” System.
Thanks for stopping by :facepunch:t3:

4 Likes

Any reason you prefer soil over coco coir?
And would you be using nutes in every feeding?
I’ve never done soil grows and its interesting to see different styles within that medium itself.

2 Likes

Also…I used to purchase my seeds from linda-seeds based in Spain.
Really liked their customer service but I’d avoid their in-house strains. It’s a hit or miss on those.

3 Likes

Well…I live in the spanish Mountains and the water here is horrible.
I run a RO-pump, but for every liter of clean water i have to waste 5l.
Fortunally we have plenty of water here, compared to other areas, but still nothing to waste. So soil just buffers better and i have to be a bit less careful :wink:
The soil is a mix i do on my own, so the plants don’t require any nutes until 2/3 week of flowering, then i fill up the tank and they take what they need :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Yeah…their service is great. I know one of the guys there and he is really nice BUT
the seeds they sell are brought from small breeders all of the country, so you have different growing styles, conditions, knowledge etc. but they are all sold as the same strain. I know by fact that we have a few “Breeders” here in Spain, which buy cheap seeds(5-10ct each) form hobby breeders, repack them and sell them for 25Euro/5 seeds.
I avoid them if i can :wink:

3 Likes