Loud (road-kill) skunk

After waiting since 1995 for loud skunk to resurface. I took it upon myself (and I’m sure many others) to grow out and data mine this legendary strain (strains)

Now I hate to break it to ya but if you never smoked or grew the rks it’s a massive disadvantage for you to bother. If you have…well the olfactory senses in the brain retain memory better then the memory itself.

I started growing alot of clones and seeds in 2007 when I was one of not many to get an mmar.

My last serious rks in 2012 project spawned no road-kill. But it did give us the world famous original fruity pebbles og.

I’m fortunate enough to live now in a place where clone onlies are still around from the 70s. And have always had old timers give me seeds and clones to help with the project.

This thread is to out not only people trying to sell sweet weed called skunk. Which I hope people can share their victories and disappointments. As an rks data mine.

I’ve personally sourced on the ground seeds from South America. Interested some from the people that have died or retired. Got epic clones of extremely skunky specimens.

Last summer things got better after a 2 year hiatus from growing or breeding. And alot of fortunate dusting happened. I won’t share many pics from the 2 sea of green garden beds I managed to pull off a breeding round with. But when I’m breeding I honestly don’t care about looks I care about loud.

The donor male i used is called 81. A very pungent skunky acrid line of seeds that were claimed to come from California. 81 becuase sacred seeds claimed on their packaging of real skunk.

Using a platform not only helps me record keep, but hopefully will attract people with knowledge and experience with my project.

I am hoping after this and next summer the loud skunk project will be complete. Good things take time and I am not opposed to it taking 5 years since no one else is really willing to be a heartist and put in real work. This thread is what we have.

If anyone that has grown and smoked rks. Please share what isn’t rks to save others time and money and heartbreak.

mm

72 Likes

Left to right
4 81 x vancouver Island skunk
4 81 x skunk 18
6 west coast hash plants
7 90s super skunk x big skunk

mm

35 Likes

6 Peruvian gold x squat pink, West coast sour diesel
7 skunk 18 pure
8 acapulco golds

mm

26 Likes

4 sensi hindu kush
5 sensi afghani #covid19
5 420 colombian golds
7 Todd’s rks

mm

29 Likes

6 keeper rks 81 x colombian
2 81 x trifoliate colombian gold
4 81 rks f2
2 81 x road kill kush
2 81 x med-mans head-band
1 81 x bc green crack (original)

mm

26 Likes

I only managed to get 1 viable seed from last summer of a road kill cut they call “pink” now up island. Will be happy with a male or female

mm

26 Likes

6 81 x rks ghani
6 world of seeds colombian
6 81 x reefs Santa marta
1 81 x bc green crack (original)
2 81 x Chem 18

mm

24 Likes

3 81 x Chem 18
3 81 x skunk #2 ( ic mag testers 2012)
4 81 x 90s durban
4 81 x original fruity pebbles og
7 81 x acdc

mm

22 Likes

6 81 x bc green crack (original)
6 81 x rock-star kush
3 81 x ha og

mm

27 Likes

Awesomeness!!! @medmanbrand looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve also picked up or sourced some donors to play with

• maple leaf indica
  • orange bud
  • lemon skunk
  • Peruvian gold
  • purest indica (nl#1?)

And some clone only fems

• loud tuna (rock-star kush x original tuna)
  • 88 hashplant (skunky)
  • road-kill “pink”
  • ha og
  • gucci og
  • island master kush (old)
  • texada timewarp

And some others.

Basically going to have a chance to remake what people claim to be skunk#1 (maybe true may not be), select some wicked moms and make some awesome crosses along the way to finishing what may take 2 decades

mm

32 Likes

Nice heavy hitters you’ve got going on buddy.
Good luck on the grow and sending positive vibes your way…:green_heart::herb::v:t4:

4 Likes

I’ve been fortunate enough to get some landraces from @LandraceWarden

• gilget
  • kandahar
  • balkhi
  • Afghan mix

And waiting for a couple promising others as possible rks or male donors

mm

18 Likes

I’m here for the show and the knowledge. I love skunk but haven’t grown any real skunk myself. On the hunt.

5 Likes

This is awesome man. I’ve got a variety of skunks on the roster I’m really hoping i can find some serious funk in some of them.

I’ve got

Lemon skunk
Durban skunk
Pineapple skunk
Ancestral skunk x gorilla dawg
Ancestral skunk x Turkish hashplant
Washington black skunk
Skunk 1 bx
Skunk 1 x (nl5xhaze)

I also have an order from mr nice auctions I’ve been working on that’s got

ASH
Neville’s skunk
Early skunk haze
Skunk haze
Nl5 x skunk

I figure there’s gotta be some serious skunk in there between everything

13 Likes

Van Island guy?

3 Likes

This is where I think you’ll find your Loud skunk breeding material. After having experienced many afghan landraces on the hunt for unique chemovars, I have to say that I’m convinced that if Skunk #1 ever was skunky, it was from the afghan used. Shogal from Afghan Selection Seeds had many unique terps. But it was the crosses that was the most crazy of them all. I got a cross which smelled exactly like prank skunk spray, it was so extreamly loud, after about a month in the yar and most of the smell was gone.

Pz :v:t2:

16 Likes

Much respect.

Any knowledge from grows you have done that didn’t smell lole a dead skunk is just as important as finding one’s that are :grinning:

mm

5 Likes

I have some of Sam’s “skunk/haze” alot actually

0 skunk and 0 haze. But its a winner if you lole very old school pot.

I hope you the best with ancestral but highly doubt it unless you can grow 100 or more for selecting?

Lemon skunk is close but no cigar. But might have luck on a big run of em.

Durban to me is interesting. My 90s durbans have the rounded almost pea or soy shape to em. Just not the size of rks like snow peas.

May have some luck with Washington. Just based on what I have read.

Skunk bx1 leaning to no.

You will get reekers in the nl haze skunk. Prob more lemon zest haze tho.

Neville is where people should be looking.

That’s a wicked stash either way.

Have you grown devil or shit? Nevil said to look there.

Please share your data mine when you can w what you have

mm

5 Likes

Yup. I actually grew up with moka in Langford in a past life. He was quite a bit older then me. But I used to try to skate his ramp and bought all his used gear off him.

mm

4 Likes