MACRO Growing with HappyHemper

This one has the limit of about 18.5 square feet, under a 1k lamp. Right now I’d guess it is around 10-12 s.f. but as she stretches through the first week or two I will be filling out more of it.

My reflectors are not the best; they have hot/cold spots, but overall not terrible. This is partly the reason for one plant - I noticed a significant difference between the plants in the middle vs corners on my last haze run. My hope is that the plant will redistribute resources as necessary from the middle to the edges, at least somewhat.

The better half is at 6oz per month, sometimes more. I aim for at least 1.5lb per run; that way there is a buffer and something to give to friends.

Now that it is legal, surprisingly many of our friwnds are open to a doobie :slight_smile:

The yield of 20oz in 8-ish square feet is impressive! Are you under LED then? nevermind looked at your thread looks like solstrips :thumbsup:

2 Likes

With that many sq ft, you should be able to make your target easily. The only down side to using a single plant to fill the screen is longer veg time.

Yeah, LED :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Quick update - growing well

6 days from flip
End of week 1

10 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous!!! :heart_eyes: One day, I will find that phenotype I like and keep it then do just this…wonderful work! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @MomOnTheRun! I am really trying to simplify while keeping up with demand. So far this has been leaps and bounds easier to maintain than 9 smaller plants in the same space.

Time will tell how she flowers out, but I am quite hopeful!

6 Likes

Damned fine looking plant, man! Just gorgeous!

5 Likes

Great looking scrog canopy! I may try your bass-akwards scrog technique next time. Your canopy looks much better than mine and a lot less trouble to do!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Today is
DAY 8 F
WEEK 2

Got a little more training done.
Fed. Still Veg nutrients; with addition of Bud Igniter.

Notes so far

1. @anon32470837 was right, plant that needs water is easier to bend. WIll do this from now on.
  2. @Fisch was right too, the screen needs to be tighter for better training. Must build a better SCROG screen, with a rigid frame for the next run

Cheers,
HH

12 Likes

You just reminded me of something I forgot to bring up in my thread. One way for aeroponics folks to check if they are watering/misting/spraying enough is to check stem stiffness. They get more flexible when you are under spraying and very stiff when over spraying.

Thanks for the reminder. Im going to post this over there too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well you are still very early in flower so I would still suggest to make the frame now till you got some time :smiley: Overall…your plant is just perfect :slight_smile: really amazing. Keep growing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Folks, life has been crazy, sorry for the lack of updates. Got a new job that has me traveling non-stop, so the very little that I have at home I spend mostly catching up with my wife and kid.

Some plants died during my extended absences and a cold spell, but this one lived.

Not sure how far along we are - 6-ish weeks flower maybe?

Neglected, under-watered mostly, and cold on most nights, she is still going. Will not yield huge I know that already, but should last the mrs until the next round is ready.

Cheers,

HH

14 Likes

Ouch on the lost plants, but congrats on the new job.

That last one looks remarkably good for a plant that has over dosed on LITFA.

6 Likes

Glad to hear you’re allright (by our standards anyway hehehe) :wave:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Ooooph. Long overdue update.

The macro plant yielded maybe 1/2 lb. Previous run in the same space with same light was 1.5lbs, so yah severe neglect matters :slight_smile:

Still travling lots, gonna have to automate. Now that it is warm outside I have converted the veg space to the second flowering tent, and offset them by 4 weeks. Gonna veg in the backyard for the next 3 -4 rotations. Just don’t have the time to manage a scrog, so from topped cut to flower with a strip of lower 3rd at end of week 3.

Since i killed pretty much all genetics I had, @DankDonkii’s are the only ones that lived becasue they were clones we traded. Thanks again for the cuts, saved me a bunch of time.

Outdoors, I am keeping at least one Macro plant, hopefully to still justify the title of this thread. It’s a Black Gojidawg in a 58-gallon drum cut to about 45gal capacity. Promix HP. Megacrop initial charge + rain. Wanna see how big she gets. Going forward everything outdoors is on the Green Plant Backcountry blend. Feed 1x a month, I like that!

Got some others outside too.
From left to right: Cheese Quake; Cuvee, Peanut Butter Breath. Shishkaberry of similar size not pictured

Indoors, two flower tents rocking
Tent one: Cuvee in the centre, Cheesequake in the corners: Halfway through WEEK 5

Up close of a cheesequake:

Tent two; Halfway through WEEK 1

And of course, cannot forget the clones. Taken 3 days ago when i flipped the small tent. This is for the next run in the big tent, which still has 4-5 weeks to go.

Autopots next, must reduce management overhead :wink:

Cheers,
HH

11 Likes

Looking good! I can’t wait to see what that 45 gallon drum does

2 Likes

I know! I’m curious too. Still has, oh, 10 weeks of veg in her? Very curious.

1 Like

Welcome, ladybug, to the exterior garden. Please stay a while and feast on all things small and crawly

10 Likes

Nice friend to have in the garden. Do you get nervous that she may have something to eat on those plants?

2 Likes

Somewhat - I have a shishkaberry baby that came from a commercial garden and had the Borg. I have cleansed her well with the most evil permit-only miticide shit imaginable, kept outside in extreme cold over April, and she now shows no signs of infection and growing well, but I cannot help but have those little fuckers in mind.

I had aphids on my roses too, but have since killed the Rose’s and thinned down all other possible aphid factories.

It’s my first time outdoors, so kind of curiously worried about bugs since I can’t just keep them out.

This is the shishka, in dirt from the garden

These are the others, in promix hp

This is the monster, also in promix

9 Likes

This thing is growing like a weed…

16 Likes