Made some tote sips, going to try organic

Yep just used some drain pipe instead! Easy enough. Although I debated doing that. Turns out that aluminum really doesn’t corrode under normal circumstances. (Especially with the interior coating and the paint on the outside on cans) You would need low ph in the 4s for it to start and breakdown into a form that might be plant absorbable. Most of the time it just oxidizes a ultra hard protective patina a few atoms deep and sits there. But why risk it and ruin a batch of soil amiright!

3 Likes

Exactly my thought, especially with Cannabis’ ability to uptake basically everything in the soil. It would always be on the back of my mind.

Nice call, seems very simple to use that instead as well. Not quite a cheap though lol. Lovely garden :peace_symbol:

1 Like

I know right! And now I have to cut the right height too. Ohh well just a bit more work.

1 Like

Are you using LABS or another microbial inoculate in your reservoir? They have ph’s in the 3-4ish range and would corrode the aluminum.

2 Likes

Yea not yet but I did brew ip some Labs to try it. Yea those labs get going they are really going to lower the ph. Good point. It’s kinda amazing that something that is good for growing can put the ph that far out of range.

2 Likes