Mapito " SIMPLY THE BEST " ๐Ÿ˜

Beautiful work @ifish Mapito really is killer.
I love your guide to pre-cloning care for moms. Makes a lot of sense.

Iโ€™ve still got E$koโ€™s guide for Mapito saved, permanently. I should add it to the GrowFAQs.

11 Likes

Thank you @Worcestershire_Farms : )

I always try to give the understandings , so people understand why and arnt just blindly replicating stuff kind off

Eskoโ€™s guide to Mapito would be great here on overgrow : )

10 Likes

2x Force CBG-bees, Alive!
Plan to mutha one of dem.
Both if I have space. Lol

Donโ€™t make me put one in the Octo. Lol

4 Likes

Mine was very quick to show prefowers compared to the others I was sexing , yours similar ?
Mine was also a light feeder and drinker
With no branching
I,shall look at mines leafs and see which one is similar ( serrations )
@GramTorino : )

2 Likes

@ifish damn bro your the plant Wizard :mage:โ€โ™‚

Those buds look beautiful and fat AF

Hats :tophat: off to the Master of Mapito

3 Likes

Thanks paps , means a lot coming from someone as talented as yourself , respect : )

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s one crate done : )
Getting ready for the next run
Will fire pics of the flushing to morrow nite or tonite if I got time to do it : )

14 Likes

Snap some photos of you squishing it if you can. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The squishing I would place a crate inthe crate of Mapito when using fresh made Mapito and use body weigh to push , I would do this when I first wet new stuff , only once , this takes out a lot of air in new Mapito giving the flushing more even contact thru out crate so no blank spots kind of

When just flushing out tide line , I am only using strength of arm to press on Mapito like tucking in child kind off , to get rid of any air from pulling out the rootball , so nice even contact thru out crate again when flushing , but because Mapito not new and has done a run it is more compact than the new stuff so only a light press tucking in is necessary : )

7 Likes

So Iโ€™m flushing now , rtw
Crates are 15L each and I have just put 15L thru each one
Checked ph , and I am very close to ph adjusted 5.6 tap which is what Iโ€™m putting in
Another 15L should do it thru each , probably only 7-8L would do it but my bin holds 60-70L and I have 4 crates , so Iโ€™ll just fire that thru again cuz I can , and water here is flat rate so I can use what I like with no extra cost , obviously the more nutes you push in the previous grow will affect the amount of flushing needed but in general , double whatever crate size is : ) I fill watering can with 4L each time I flush a crate etc when all 4 done I repeat untill bin is emty

9 Likes

So it has just taken over an hour to use the two bins worth up , plus a quick cup of tea inbetween , runoff is 5.5/5.6 ph and 0.2 ec 100ppm( 500 ) tap is just less than 0.2 , so all good so far : ) Iโ€™m happy tide line is flushed out
Now all I got to do is make up a half bin of feed to charge crates and Iโ€™m good to go
: )
Easy peasy : ) and thatโ€™s the hardest part of the whole grow , the rest is just kickin back now the work is done and watch the plants grow , flood and drain every 3 days and change ratio an ec throughout grow

Iโ€™ll fire pics when I bed clones in crates tomorrow and start the new run @Floyd
: ) obiosly this can all be tweeked automated and tuned in for peopleโ€™s own preferences and space to do it , this is just a simple straight forward way that suits me

10 Likes

As someone said early on those flowers look great. I been hiding in shadows hearing mapito. Can you give a quick rundown of exactly what it is? Is it basically rockwool and? And how would you prep and feed it. Like coco ? Biggest thing is on another thread you said reusable. Im in a ghetto running soil and coco. My yard is now all potting soil and dont look too good. Id like to stop adding to the pile but hesitant to do an all out hydro setup cause ive got 4 rooms to change up. Lot of work to switch it all out. Im gonna be watching and learning.
But i feel i need soil and bugs and trash out of the damn place. I been fighting mites in 2 rooms. I been removing all infested stuff leaves whole plants ect and waiting on my pyrethium tr foggers to bomb whole damn house . Its been 5+years of organic matter blowing in the wind. But after the bombs and reset id like to not bring organic soil back inside. So back to point a rockwool and big chunk perlite maybe? No res needed? And i use tps nutrients so they work in soil hydro whatever. Once roots bind all up how do you reuse the rooted material?
Sorry for book just trying to get my chit back together.

5 Likes

Iโ€™m following along. Thanks for the tag.

3 Likes

@rooted , Rockwool chunks and the foam from the back seat of a car stripped and diced into chunks , or similar open cell foam will do : ) not memory foam tho as it has less ridgidtivity , car seat foam is great
I flood and drain my crates on a deep tray from my Rez / black bin above
The way you feed ratios and ec thru out the grow is your style altho we can help you tweek that better if you like : ) ph in veg and stretch 5.6 , ph after stretch w3 onwards 5.8
The roots left in crate from previous grow will be sorted out by the cannazym I put in feed during veg and stretch โ€™ I also add it to my feed at the end too

9 Likes

Using Mapito and flood and drain has been life changing from next to zero maintenance once itโ€™s all dialed in. Iโ€™ve been struggling with transplanting but otherwise you see them on flood days.

Using that with flood and drain will end up costing a pretty penny in the long run. There are really cheap options out there.

4 Likes

Had a slight delay as I forgot I had to change up my room for the oncoming summer heat : ) but thatโ€™s her all sorted now : )

15 Likes

Criss cross grow part 2!

Any changes to your feed this run? Or maybe some root stim?

1 Like

Gonna train them better to morrow and maybe add rhizo to the new Rez , not much just as a ph up no more than quarter strength or less , donโ€™t want them going bezerk haha

The feeding shedual is great , so not much to change this run , very happy with it : )

6 Likes

Gotta say the changes made have been a huge improvement on my runs.

Next changes for me may be lowering my Ca/Mg by .1ec and bumping up my PK for weeks 5-8.

5 Likes

Fish I really love your grow space you utilize a small space very well ! Hats :tophat: off to you my friend
That cress cross technique of training in a small space really dose the trick

As always nice work my brother :sunglasses:

5 Likes