Mental health - let's not ignore it

Fish oil and Vitamin E have changed my life. I am diagnosed with PTSD and bipolar disorder. Fish oil and Vitamin E help manage most of those symptoms, especially when combined with cannabis. Interesting fact, Omega 3 is used in the production of our bodies own endocannabinoids.

If hemp seed were our whole diet, everything would be in perfect balance. The problem is, our diet is excessive in Omega 6. We need more Omega 3 to offset that. Consider this though, if we were to feed cattle hemp seed instead of corn, the beef would have a better Omega 3:6 ratio. :thinking:

15 Likes

We could use the casings/oil to make a ethanol oil blend and run our cars with 2 cycle or diesel. Ford made a car panel out of hemp that he demonstrated hitting with a sledgehammer. It didnā€™t leave any dent what so ever n that was almost 100 yrs ago.

9 Likes

Wasnā€™t that Henry Fordā€™s plan for powering the automobile? :wink:

6 Likes

Yup check my editā€¦

6 Likes

Diagnosed as bi-polar/schitzoeffective disorder (not sure how to spell it) depression and anxiety. Was on all kinds of meds and all they did was make it an issue for me to get a hard on. Stopped taking them about a year ago and Iā€™m slowly getting my vitality back (being in my early 40ā€™s probably doesnā€™t help much either). Cannabis and an understanding family (single father raising a bunch of teenagers and taking care of my disabled mom) and my faith have been my only saving grace. I still get extremely upset over the dumbest shit, and have a habit of putting myself down, but I knew I was in the right place the other day when I was reading one of Kravens threads and when he described his symptoms, I thought he was talking about me. Just gotta grow me enough doobage to start making myself those 500-600 milligrams thc caps! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13 Likes

Now. All the ailments in the world donā€™t stack up against a sat down soldier. Definitely glad you got that back on track mate :rofl: I refuse to be dependent on big pharma meds. But Iā€™m realising I got some issues that wonā€™t just up and fuckoff alone. Iā€™m pretty certain nature has some nasty tasting miracle cures though.

6 Likes

Hey @anon58740919. Hope youā€™re doing well. This is a great idea for a threadā€¦ Living with mental health issues is not a walk in the park like many think. ā€œstop worrying, things will grt better.ā€ if only it were that easyā€¦

I suffer from depression and anxiety and though over the years Iā€™ve gotten a good hold it from our lovely plant along with some good old fashioned meditation and yoga. I find that the combination of these things helps me keep my mind at ease. Yet you never know when youā€™re gonna have one of those days or weeks or months where everything seems hopelessā€¦

Having a safe place to share with people is essential. Iā€™m happy we have this for anyone who may feel the need to vent.

If anyone is ever having any issues, feel free to message me. Iā€™ve put myself through alot over the years and if I can help someone out in anyway Im here!

Cheers everyone!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

My mates wifes dad. Paul Haydon of dark city radio is doing some crazy shit with hemp and a still in Tenerife. If you search Iā€™m sure you will find it

And @Eddie.saw thanks for sharing bro. After posting this OP yesterday. Someone actually said chin up to me. Not that I was having a bad day anyway yesterday. (If you couldnā€™t tell) Iā€™ve still had zero sleep. But I found salvation in an egg and bacon sandwich so I should last until about 6pm ha

6 Likes

OG, I dare say, has changed my outlook on life, and growing my own has without question. But alas iā€™m too baked/tired @ 10 till midnight to etch out anything eloquent or half eloquent ha.

do whatever you need to with your chin, just grow good weed & share it :grin:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

reā€¦omega-oilā€¦
(too high to quote sorry yall)

i think it was stephen whatshisface(actor/comic/nutter) on a bbc special about the subjectā€¦ and a woman physician(iirc) said she dropped all her bipolar meds & switched to a few grams of fish oil a day & was basically even keel with that.

personally i take O3-6-9 via flax-seed oilā€¦ it seems to help, even if itā€™s placebo, itā€™s good healthy 'chit. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I didnā€™t realize until my mid-30ā€™s that these feelings were not normal for everyone. Crowds of drunks and police are what gets me the worst. An entire day of unnecessary hyper-vigilance really drains your mental energy.

17 Likes

I donā€™t like it, but I can relax in a crowd. Eventually, the hyper-vigilance evolved into people watching for me. That has not brought much comfort. I guess from having to play music in front of crowds for 40 years, I have come to realize, thereā€™s always a few bad apples in the crowd, and they can be coaxed into a healthy way sometimes. It is always worth it to help oneā€™s fellow man.

Bend my ear if it will help you!

7 Likes

how much and how often do you take it. What does it do after you take it, how does it make you feel? I assume you have to take it for a couple of weeks before starting to feel it?

3 Likes

iā€™ve got at least a couple of those. theyā€™re made worse by my tinnitus(ringing in ears), hyperacusis(a whole 'nother level), & nerver dmg frrom a tailbone injury.

just to drive a mile to my grocery store requires prepping & earplugs when i go in because they play loud obnoxious music.

i self diagnosed everything in my life except the tailbone injury-nerve dmg. when i hear combat vets, trauma survivors, itā€™s like an additional sense now, knowing your own so to speakā€¦the never forgetting, always triggerring by the most ridiculous shit like a coffee cup, etc. if i follow the ā€œexpertsā€ criteria, 11/15 ptsd items put me there solidly.

nightmares every day for 7 years straight until i got my present dog a few years ago. :dog: :heart_decoration: :evergreen_tree: :peace:

sheā€™s my anchor to reality. and bladder problems.

have a laugh with me on me please. i mean it. :smile:

:evergreen_tree: <ā€” prefers laughing to crying any day

9 Likes

I take 1200 mg of fish oil and 400 I.U. of Vitamine E in the morning (along with my morning meds) and another 1200 mg of fish oil at night (along with my evening meds). When I started taking it, I was playing pill roulette with my psychiatrist. I never noticed the effect until I ran out for a week. It helps stabilize my mood, but doesnt make me feel any different.

8 Likes

I have been taking lexapro (Escitalopram) for around 10 years now. I have no ā€œfeelingā€ from it but I donā€™t get angry as easy is all. I was told I probably would have to take it for life. I would like a alternative. Problem is one of the side effects of withdrawal is suicidal tendencyā€™s, which, If you have ever been down that road it is one that you try to avoid. So just the thought of not taking it for a week really scares me. I have heard good things about fish oil. I think I will give it a try with the vit E.

9 Likes

Bc weā€™re on the subject of supplements b17 prevents cancer. Spread the word! Iā€™ve had 4 family members get cancer 3 of which died. Iā€™m a firm believer itā€™s out of design this is happening to so many.

5 Likes

You definitely donā€™t want to quit the SSRI cold Turkey. Those have to be slowly tapered off over time. Iā€™ve pretty much come to terms with a life of medications. While I have been able to taper off some meds, I canā€™t stop using them completely.

7 Likes

Omega 3 can work very well for depression but it can take a few months if you are in bad shape. Good luck bro :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll stick to psilocybin / cannabiniods. PTSD / Rage Disorder / Anxiety. For 20 years on big pharma and no relief with plenty of side effectsā€¦switched to micro dosing and a big ride about every 4-6 weeks and upped my canna edibles / added in a 0.5g daily dose of RSO and got off all my meds. Feel epic, and no side effectsā€¦been working towards this for almost 5 years and finally this year got freeā€¦stick to what nature provides and your will be golden.

18 Likes