Mental health - let's not ignore it

Couldn’t agree more!

2 Likes

Marine veteran here so yea, my PTSD /RD/Ax was a bear, but the last five years have just awesome, sure hate that this medicine isn’t available to everyone, big pharma has a lock down on our system so we cant seem to get back to legalizing meds that were used for thousands of years safely and effectively…shame that greed drives this world today…wouldn’t it be awesome if we all tried to out nice each other rather than try to grab and hold as much as we can…we all would have way more than what we needed and the world simply would be a kinder, gentler, safer place for us all. I for one am tired of seeing human suffering, thinking fosure…we would all get along if we all had a bong…

12 Likes

Addressing problems head on as we speak…

17 Likes

@kraven I really respect your passion for making your own medicine. I have some mushrooms in chocolate that have been in sealed mylar bags and in my refrigerator for almost a year now. Do you think they are still any good?

3 Likes

Yes sir, give them puppies a go…wont hurt and it WILL help you

srry veryy tipped atm :wink:
but my advise is still good :joy:

5 Likes

Hell yeah, I’m a very big advocate for psilocybin and how it helps with depression and anxiety. I had a good little supply but, with treating myself and sharing with others I haven’t had any in months and I can feel it taking its toll. Once I’m back on my feet in a couple weeks it’s on though. Hopefully gonna get my own lil setup going!

5 Likes

I know i probably don’t have to tell you to watch the dose…but…watch the dose :grin:

I sometimes used to eat them raw with a handful of mints, made school more interesting. In my 20s i was drying them on newspaper, grind up fine and fill large caps. 4 did the trick. I was finally put off the things when i drank a brew made by a muppet. That was my second death trip on the things and i don’t ever want another. I always preferred acid but it’s been a very long time since the last trip. Cant seem to get acid these days, it must be too much for the little furby’s or maybe they cant see their phone screens while tripping :wink:

6 Likes

when i did them(psilo) in my late teens, the rumor was to overload on vitamin C for increased visual effects. i probably had like 10grams of vit. C that one time. heh. :thinking: total BS or what?

personally, i’m VERY wary of stepping over the line & don’t feel comfortable trippin in my situation…the irony being a good friend & a parent both suggested looking into memory erasure via special-K & MDMA/etc…& i’m thinking…“uhhm NO. let me experiment on YOU!” :wink: ha.

any mod wanna split this off to :mushroom:-ville?

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

@Albannach I got 3 tabs stashed for the right time hoping it doesn’t degrade and @cannabissequoia I think the vitamin c thing a myth but, can’t say I haven’t ate a whole thing of orange pills thinking they were working lol

5 Likes

I used to keep em in the fridge well wrapped of course but i did once find some in the freezer…they were over a year old and still had a mild effect :slight_smile: I still remember crying with laughter at the characters in the smart bar at glastonbury festival, thinking they were getting high on carrot juice. I was in low orbit on 2 microdots at the time, don’t think they saw the funny side at all :laughing:

5 Likes

Well my brothers, since we are sharing, I am on disability due to major depression. Mine is managed by cannabis and Effexor, meditation and you folks. My OG Fam. I’m doin’ well but if I miss a dose, well, ask @MadScientist what can happen. I try not to miss a dose of Effexor or cannabis. Ok, I put it out there. One love…:cowboy_hat_face:

16 Likes

Shrooms are extremely beneficial for me. One good dose and I’ve got little wings on my feet for weeks. Rarely get to have any. Just no access here unless you go cow pattie hopping. :cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

You know 2 bags of black kow compost lightly mixed in under a shade tree and spawned with live culture…and fed with black kow a few times a year…will flush outside as your own huge pile of private shit for decades if you just keep it fed…no reason to grow indoors when nature can do it for you pretty much year round…just sayin’ and I know a cat who knows how to do that trick :wink:

6 Likes

…i’d bet there are gnomes & faeiries doing most of the work around the place… :wink:

:house_abandoned::notes::mushroom: :sparkles: :rice_scene: :new_moon_with_face:

5 Likes

7 Likes

(been meaning to ask)

any books recommended for PTSD sufferers as well as friends and family of the afflicted?

primarily interested in info for family members, general audience level. :neutral_face:

thanks

4 Likes

i struggle terrible mental every day if my father had not giving me a good christ base life i would have fell on sharp object by now.

3 Likes

start here, it lists good resources and will be a great starting point…

3 Likes

Thanks. I have the DejaVu feeling I’ve seen this, but thanks again nonetheless. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

I read the APA clinicians book a couple of years ago and (plthhhh…) …it’s clear that the sufferers are the experts(i guess that’s logical :thinking:).
I scored 11 out of 15 symptoms & IIRC the threshold is/was 9. :head_bandage::rolling_eyes:

I self-diagnosed accurately about 20 years ago & have confirmed this accuracy over 20 years. :thumbsup: (sarcasm folks, come on in!)

Ph’yew. :sweat:

:evergreen_tree: Enough of that for today :wink:

2 Likes

I answered said question as asked…My suggestion to you is to learn how to grow shrooms / source them. The once a month take a hand full [5+ dry grams] and everyday take .25g as a micro-dose. Learn the art of facing your personal demons…you have to feel the feelings / be angry and cry the tears…PTSD cannot be medicated…it has to be worked through…period.

7 Likes