Mexican Brick Mystery 2020

I used Mexican brick when I was just learning to grow. The absolute best cannabis I have ever smoked in my life (55 years) came from one of those brick seeds. Practically hallucinogenic! I remember the buds smelled like black pepper. Unfortunately, I knew nothing about cloning, so this was a one-off plant. I continue to search and search for something like that again. Seems like all the seeds from the vendors are all the same. I always try a few bagseeds for that variety and the hopes I get lucky.

15 Likes

So I have 80 extras if anyone is interested I believe the weed will be all over the map as upon closer inspection there was at least 3 different varieties in this ounce from stupid dense to wispy thin all with mature seeds I didn’t keep them separated so I have every thing from tiny to big anyone interested in some please pm me preferred us people so I don’t have to fill out customs papers but if you’re really gonna grow them and been here a while I can probably be talked into it lol

6 Likes

Brick weed seems to have really improved in the last 10 years.

Would love to see what these produce.

Pulling up a chair for this one.

3 Likes

Mmmmm. Creamsicle vomit
 one man’s trash is anothers treasure! Lol

1 Like

Welcome to OG @fourfingerlid.

With a name like yours, you’re in the right thread. Lmao!
I haven’t seen a four-finger lid in at least 35 years.

1 Like

Welcome to OG! I grew some Mexican bagseed in the early 90’s. Come harvest time ( normal harvest time for my own strain) I see 8 ft of plant sticking up above the brush from the road around 200 yards away. BRIGHT green in a sea of brown! . Scared the bejeesus out of me lol! I’ve only recently wondered what kind of gem it may have been. It was on track to harvest sometime in Late December and plants can t live much past October where I am. Good luck finding what you seek!

9 Likes

You can’t go wrong with brick weed of you wanna get some strong sativa phenotypes, but ket me tell you, nowadays the cartels are importing seeds from Amsterdam, so now we see different types of really good stuff that they sell as regular grade, the pics with flash look like the Oaxaqueña weed which I smoke and had cultivated in the past, so probably you gonna get good quality and yield when harvest.

6 Likes

Sweet idea! Always seeking knowledge on cracking old seeds. Worth a shot! I’ve got pkenty of old seeds to try it on.

1 Like

my first grow was exactly this.af0b4df6177e9b035faaaed86bfef6135d88cb95_2_374x500

10 Likes

My first grow was bag seed 20 years or so ago in a ebb and flo bed. I started with 6 and was left with 4 girls. All sativa. I didn’t let them go full term after week 12 i pulled them. Very healthy with thick thick colas.
If you grow enough of those seeds you’ll find a keeper . Thing is you’ll have nothing to go off of. Some of the best strains grown and bred are Mexican sativa.
One big reason brick weed isn’t great is because its seeded , its not cured properly and its not grown out fully . Grow it knowing it will tale allot longer than most commercial stuff and you will find a winner.

8 Likes

Agreed I’ve had Mexican sativas that would put many hybrids to shame

5 Likes

As far as these seeds go I sent them to a friend in Colorado to toss around the state since there was no real interest in anyone growing them out hopefully someone finds one growing and it makes there day

5 Likes

i would rather support the black market than pay taxes to the governments any day

5 Likes

Brings me back to the 90s!!

1 Like

hey buddy, I see this is an old thread but I’m interested in how it turned out for you
did you get any keepers ? was there anything decent ?

3 Likes

I sent most of them to Colorado to be randomly planted places the rest I may one day get around to if I get bored one day

2 Likes

You had them planted feral Or just did a Jonny hemp seed?!