Mexican Death Sativa repro

Grrrreat update @lambchopedd ! Thank you so much for all this detail!

7 Likes

Nice report. So the smoke report is based on the early chop? It will be interesting once you cure if that harshness subsides and how the other plants allowed to finish differs from the early smoke.

6 Likes

I’ve got 3 of these that have been above ground for a few weeks. I’ll try to post some pics later today if I get a chance.

One of them had 3 cotyledons, and looked to have whorled phyllotaxy, but appears as thought it is growing out of it.

Another had its first leaves come out with really odd mutations, including one that was like 3 odd leaves all from the same petiole.

Both of these seem to have more vine like growth, while the third is looking more upright, sturdy and tree like. Something about this one feels like it’s going to be a male. Too early to tell though.

All had pretty severe calcium deficiency early on, due to me being an idiot. I normally fill my watering can directly from the well water, and cut it with RO(very high iron in the well water) but with the weather and me really busy without thinking and remembering to supplement I used all RO for early waterings and only realized when all my plants looked all fucked up. They are all growing their way out of it now though.

Out of the other seeds I started with these(including a couple autos), these are the first ones to start smelling. The stinkiest(maybe partially because it was closest to the front) has a really nice toasty/earthy/hash smell, another hazy/woodsy/hops, and the other bright citrus with a little hops.

Thanks again @lambchopedd for making these available. These look like they are going to be fun to watch and smell.

10 Likes

I feel like a lot of Mexican varieties have this quality from what I have experienced and what I have read of others reports. 100% sativa and motivating but lacking the trippy or edginess of some other sativas. great stuff for people who are prone to panic or anxiety attacks, but still want to smoke some beautiful sativa. Great report Lefty thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Was able to get to this quicker than I thought….

All were rootbound pretty bad and just got re potted……and as a reminder still rebounding from pretty severe calcium deficiency. Soil may be a touch hot for them, but I really shouldntbe, so I’m guessing the curling is mainly from lack of calcium and being rootbound.

This is the one with the early mutant leaves as described above. Hazy/woodsy/hops on the nose.

Triple cotyledon & early whorled phyllotaxy, hashy smell

Bright citrus/hops, upright sturdy tree like growth.

Apologies for the mess, life’s been a shot show these last couple weeks. Cleaning tonight and rebuilding the space these next two weeks

16 Likes

Weren’t me, but I agree! :joy:

4 Likes

Ugh… Not sure how I mixed you two up.

Great report @lambchopedd!

10 Likes

Any of these still available?

I’d sure love to get some…

Seems like a great building block for breeding!

Brian(Alaskagrown)

6 Likes

Thanks for the smoke report @lambchopedd !

Always love reading this thread and look forward to following along with your progress.

3 Likes

I just saw this. My bad! I’ll have to check the fridge for some loose centrifuges if you’re still interested. I’m PM you later tonight.

Worst case scenario, would you take OP beans that came from one specific female? Because I have a bunch of those from one I labeled but dont think I mentioned

6 Likes

Houseplant is having the time of it’s life:

:hugs:

14 Likes

What’s that on the right, some sort of citrus? It all looks good.

5 Likes

Right = Key Lime, Left = Persian Lime

7 Likes

I have two citrus trees I started from seed. One is a lemon tree the other is a “Cutie” orange. They both came from fruit from the supermarket. They are both 5 years old. Neither have put on fruit. The Cutie bloomed last year. I winter those guys in the garage. When the Curie bloomed my whole garage smelled like sweet citrus candy.

13 Likes

Anyone hear Doc D on Lemonhokos podcast?? Dude, he echoed everything I thought about MDS (lower potency, somewhat bulletproof plant, etc etc) and he has the Bodhi cut!

Honestly, I feel better now.

He confirmed that Bodhis release were f2s.
I think I’m gonna continue selecting for traits other than extreme potency BUT that’s not to say that there wont be rarer phenos that exhibit that.

Any of you find a potent pheno, keep that mfkr!

15 Likes

Ill have to check out the podcast - I actually dig that its a lower potency sativa haha. Mellow sativas can be awesome imo. Too potent and its overwhelming for me.

6 Likes

Preach! :raised_hands:. I had a 28% Moby Dick (Haze x White Widow) and I had to just sit on the ground as I replayed divorcing my wife in my head over and over! My roomie had to play chill music and talk me down like I was having a bad acid trip.
Mellow sativa’s ftw! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah man for real! I’ve learned through experience that after work chill mode ALWAYS means indica! Strong sativas would have me replaying the whole day, every dumb thing I said etc etc. My main sativa these days is Kodama from bodhi… I’ve got 3 phenos. One is a perfect sativa - creeper high, active but not racey, a bit spacey too always forgetting what I was going to do. It was definitely the most sativa leaner too. The other two have an overwhelming come up for 20-30 min before chilling out… those ones I tread with caution on haha.

11 Likes

So after 146 days… I finally have to wave goodbye to that male I saved. He’s been through a fucking lot.

But he is survived by two clones of himself

So there’s still hope that he’ll one day be a papa

Edit: 146 days since flip

31 Likes

May he live long and progenerate many seeds.

7 Likes