Micro Grow Off Ideas!

that solves all the heat issue and allows more room in box for plant… I predict the winner will have a clear lid for the box for sure.

use box as a 2x1x1… instead of a 1x1x2

2 Likes

only 1 foot of growth would suck thoughXD

1 Like

/
does the medium have to be in the box?

1 Like

the roots are part of the plant so yes.

1 Like

Sorry brother, didn’t see you updated this… “Don’t fuck around” good simple rules!

1 Like

Damn wish I knew that before… Ahh well its still going be be interesting,and my hood only takes up a few inches and 70w ain’t really gonna penetrate far anyways

1 Like

Some rock wool cubes with a flood system sent strait 12/12 would prob rock with a scrog with it laying flat on its side and a clear top…

Also everyone who completes a cab or has one going please post it to the Show Me Your DIY Cab Thread

3 Likes

So its 1st x1ft x2 ft hmm 2 ft is pretty short. I’ve got some Vero 10s laying around here somewhere.
How long is the grow period?
If you all don’t mind I’m in.
But ill recommend 3 ft or were gonna get a lot of burned leaves.
Either way I think I’ve gotta make a fool out of myself, and give it a try.

I think the limited space it’s the challenge on this one.

1 Like

Yes @Morgwar its the space that makes the challenge…lots of bending in our futures haha

I think that we can use seeds or clones and there is just a deadline to finish. We aren’t trying to synchronize this like the beer cup challenge, Right? I keep flip flopping if I’m in or out. :wink:

count me in, i grow with in those dimensions all day long, i could enter my PC case or the new version of my 5 gal bucket once i get it done.

But just for giggles i’ll enter this, its a old 1 Gal protein container, haven’t run anything in it yet but it would definitely fit within the size rules by a good margin lol.

But yeah it’s just around 11" tall and runs on around 9.5w of cheap strip lights, and is ventilated by a 40mm fan, i was waiting on some other Real Time Clocks that showed up the other day as i had a little arduino light timer for it by my other RTC was giving me some issues, so ill have to wire it up again.

See what massive weight i can pull from it lol.

4 Likes

Clones are fine, just have to be cut same day others plant seed… Or so I thought… So I’m giessing there is a start date to sync…

I’d love to see that! How has your past runs been?

1 Like

Haven’t yet run anything in that mini bucket well to completion anyways, i had a Dark Devil F1 seed started in there but it started to show a bit of leaf mutation crinkle which occurs with some of the seeds i created that i need to breed out but i know those plants get hampered by that, plus i was leaving on some holidays for 10 or so days so i just plucked it instead of letting it run.

I was just gonna start up a plant once i got back, but i’m just getting around to starting it now. But i have some seeds that are about to be planted, so i’m going to try an untested cross i recently made (Think Different x Dark Devil) x Cream Mandarine

So we will see how it works out, have a feeling it might become to bushy for the space, which will be an issue with any plant lol

2 Likes

wow those micro spaces are so interesting to me but i think maybe a little too complicated for my first attempt. maybe i could create some type of grow box with regular CFL or LED bulbs to try running. do we have a tentative start date?

2 Likes

I’ll be using a box and cfl

1 Like

Go with the led bulbs if you do as their are zero reasons to go with cfl’s now a days, Led’s consume less energy, put off less heat, and are directional when the domes are popped off which allows more light to go where you want it to go such as onto your plants instead of wall roof and reflectors. Also quite possibly you will find that they are even cheaper to get than cfl’s at your local homedepot, or are at least they are for me.

Go for the philips non-dimmable “60w or 100w equivalent ones” which are the 8w and 14w ones, they run around $3 and $6 respectively, and are pretty comparable lightoutput vs cost.

1 Like

I sense a domination of the field.

I am watching and my money is on

2 Likes

It’s not all about the technology and unique containers…

1 Like