MidwestMover’s Madness

I like that!

I’ve seen the openers and the control box setups on icmag In the greenhouse section. It’s a question of how far do I wanna go?

I got enough to last me til November from last year.

5 Likes

Ahh, thats cool. I was joshing but it would be cool to build something like that. Push a button and then the tarp opens. How bond Villan.

4 Likes

I’m kinda mad about them pushing the release date of the new bond movie. F’n corona virus.

This guy had a sensor so if it rained it would shut the sides and turn on the fans. Definitely bondish!

4 Likes

That would be so sweet. I’ve been wondering about controllers, and automation and stuff and dont get why these tools arent cheaper for us with better controls. All the technology is out there and competition would drive it to get cheaper. Must be some aspect I’m not seeing (like sensors being too expensive) making it not an option.

4 Likes

This was cheap because it was DIY and not a brand name. I’m sure he had some programming skills or an understanding of electrical circuits. If you wanna check it out it’s on icmag in the greenhouse DIY section. The post is by Crushnyuba. I always go back to it cause it’s awesome information. The guy at the end of the thread built a small home size greenhouse 12x12 or so and he’s got it tricked out like a cribs addition of greenhouse growing.

There’s also an automation station thread on here that has got some good info.

Are you still looking for CO2 controller options?

3 Likes

Sweet, I’ll look. Havent spent much time on icmag, but read the massive haze thread recently, which was interesting.
Yep, I’m in the looking stage, but not sure. My sentinel is back up, so maybe I’ll see if it’s still got some life.

3 Likes

23 Likes

So I’d been noticing browning on some pistols and looking further today there are male pollen sacks. I’ve completely f’d these things up with being outdoors/indoors, probably getting light leaks, and who else knows.

I chopped two of them down and threw them in the trash. I was mad, just upset in the time I’d put into them. Left one and asked a buddy if he wants it for hash. And again from the start I said; oh well if it doesn’t work out I’d hash it. F that I wanted some fat buds.

Still have 5 autos that are finishing up so I do have that to look forward to. These were half pound plants if I did right, now I have an ounce and a half.

5 Likes

Released lady bugs and trichoderma eggs for moth control.

Threw the other pheno of SSDD and two strawberry amnesia into flower.

5 Likes

Chopped the snow lotus x red headed stranger. It was 8 weeks in. The top buds felt crispy and had one weird leaf on each one. So we have a little bud rot we had to chop out.

Chopped it off plant threw into bag and into freezer. Will process in a week or two.

Also chopped all the care bear og from @Sebring. Gonna plant 6 more to have something to do. Really liked growing in coco, so I broke the footballs out and will re plant in it.

All the Maui Sunshine disappeared last night. Found in the yard. I guess my son got outside for a couple minutes and pulled em out. So I’m out of the solo competition.

7 Likes

I’d love to hear about the RHS/SL cross. I always wanted to smoke the RHS but haven’t. Is your son young and just doing normal stuff? or is he 18 and you only found stalks on the ground? heh. peace

6 Likes

The RHS/S.L. cross smells like new shoes. It has a ton of trichs on the leaves even. It’s kinda bland smoking though.

Ya he’s young and doesn’t know better. Last year he super cropped most of my plants for me. I had been watching him carefully all day, so idk when he did it. At first I thought someone had hopped the fence and stole them. But then I saw the autos in full flower still there.

I let him roam and explore. I’m still learning how to be a parent lol.

How you been? Have you started anything for the outdoor season?

9 Likes

I’m getting antsy for this years outdoor. I want them big, but not over the fence line big.

I popped 4 of each 2 and 5 pheno Mothers Milk from @OleReynard
4 TigerJack from @spaceman
4 Cackleberry from @ModicumGenes

I’ll post pics when there’s something to see.

11 Likes

Sounds like the beginnings of a great garden!
TJ will challenge your fence height, training is on your horizon.
Uninterrupted, the sky’s the limit.
Can’t wait to try Cackleberry too.
First up for me once this corona scare is past is Zamaldelica, though.
I’ve been waiting a long time to try this one.
Great Growing @MidwestMover!

7 Likes

What’s the flower time on the TJ? More on the sativa side? I’m itching to do the Cackleberry, too. Damn, last year was epic for the co-op growers!

3 Likes

The golden tiger says 98 days. I hope it’s close to that. 14 week finish time gives me a break between those 10-12 week finishers.

6 Likes

She’s a long ripener, that’s for sure.
Too zombified now to go back and count.

6 Likes

That’s pretty much what I was wondering. It’s a long flower. I’m slowly putting together my space to run long flowering strains. I’m biting at the bit to start some. Thanks!

3 Likes

15/16 on seeds lost a TigerJack. Also have 4 autos up one didn’t want to live.

I started the autos at 500 ppm of masterblend. I’m gonna up it to 650-700 today. Also got some MKP for a booster I’m gonna try. It only gives directions for foliar or pounds to an acre. I’ll put a tbsp in a gallon and see how many Ppm that gives me and then guesstimate the final product.

Chopped the strawberry amnesia clone I flowered. The next two are bigger so should be good. 6 more weeks and they’ll be done and the lights go off.

10 Likes

Lights off for the summer? You going outside, or taking a break? Finally got some pollen for you, but not sure if you can use it now lol.

3 Likes