MoBilly's greenroom (Back in the Saddle Again)

Good morning @JohnnyPotseed ! If I keep getting this kind of sleep, I’m gonna start being lazy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well deserved sleep, I’d think lol

@JohnnyPotseed
This is the third day I got decent sleep. I feel like I woke up and drank two pots of my Grandpa’s hot tar that he called coffee!

3 Likes

I had an old metal coffee pot that was so well seasoned, my coffee was famous and requested by all my friends… until Rose (bless her heart) moved in with me and washed that pot out after years of ‘rinse only’!!

It took her years to live thatun down!

4 Likes

That’s funny bro. I still have dads old perk. It’s black inside. lol

3 Likes

lol Sounds like it’s well seasoned then!

2 Likes

Yeah. I still use it out on the fire ring but we use that drip for everyday. It’s not as good but it’s quick and that matters in the morning. lol

4 Likes

We have a couple of old perk pots for fire-ring duty, lol one for ‘personal’ and one for larger groups
6-cup & 12-cup

Also for use in power outages

2 Likes

We have made coffee on top of the wood stove several times during outages. It’s actually kind of nice when that happens for a day or two. After about the fourth day of no power I’m ready to get back to this centuries lifestyle. I could live with coal oil lamps for light though. That’s just plain relaxing and easy on the eyes in my opinion. Coal oil has become a luxury the last few years though.

6 Likes

Don’t have it anymore, since we left it at the last place. Too old and heavy to bother trying to bring it along, lol. But we had a double door Ben Franklin, griddle top, wood stove. It was the best dang wood stove ever lol and the price was right, I traded a bag of Ganja for it! lol It was used when I traded, the guy did replacements for a living and it was one he’d taken out of a customer’s house.
Rose loved cooking on it in the winter… in the summer? not so much lol The AC didn’t get along with it! :scream: :rofl: :+1:

6 Likes

Ain’t that a fact. Granny cooked on a coal stove. That thing was a monster! It had to be eight foot long! You couldn’t vent the house enough with every window and both doors open. And what was this “air conditioner” that you speak of? My Aunt had a small stove on the back porch. I never understood why Grampa never put a second stove out back.

5 Likes

:sob:

I’ve been here. “WHY IS THE COFFEE POT WHITE?!?”

5 Likes

Something to look at when you get the power back.

18 Likes

OUTSTANDING @Heliosphear !
Goats and bikes and music, three of my favorite things!

7 Likes

Good morning @MoBilly

2 Likes

@Emeraldgreen
Good morning my friend! I hope you are doing well today.
:pray:t4:

3 Likes

So far so good. Half way through 1st cup of coffee watching snow fall

5 Likes

Ok! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It is cold but I couldn’t handle the snow. I love it when it is hot.

3 Likes

I like it right in the middle!

3 Likes

St. Patricks Day is almost here!

Me Irish eye’s are smile’n
Leprechauns are coming! Hide yeh golden pot, day’ smoke like a chimney in winter. :sunglasses:

14 Likes