Most balanced cost/efficacy hydro setup?

That’s basically the setup I’m gonna be using for my seedlings/clones but a bit small for my needs otherwise. I suppose I could do multiple 2 plant totes with a top feed, would cut my res change/top up work in half.

3 Likes

Mapito f and d : )

STB!

6 Likes

I’m sure there are better options, but I saw you mention 2 plant totes, and this is where I got the plans for my setups.

I’ve been thinking about switching to single buckets, so our opposite plans gave me a chuckle :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love my flood and drain table. Compared to DWC/RDWC, its way more brainless with less work and I’m not seeing much a yield difference, if any at all. So much easier to maintain.

10 Likes

If I had the spaces I use to have I would still be using flood and drain tables.

4 Likes

My ebb and flow buckets with net pot lids and hydroton was cheap to set up and is easy to maintain. I can get 3 pounds from a grow space of about 12 square feet (4x3) and spend less than $7 on nutes.

7 Likes

So what’s everyone using for flood tables? Cement mixing trays?

1 Like

flood and drain tables, dry nutes, sterile res
doesnt get much cheaper or more low maintenance than that

7 Likes

I like my 5 gal. DWC buckets setup once you get the hang of it it gets easier…

9 Likes

Well looks like I’ve got some YouTube videos to watch the concept seems simple enough. Looking at lowes their biggest trays are 3’x2’x8" 2ish trays/res per light in a 6 light setup seems pretty doable.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I love mine too but it’s alot of work to maintain I’m looking to have 20-30 plants this next run and I don’t want to do that many res changes :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I dont do res. changes and I have 2 rooms with 1K lights and light movers in each room bromigos.

3 Likes

I flood and drain my Mapito once , every three days : )

4 Likes

Ebb and Flow/Flood and Drain for simplicity. One pump. Nothing to really go wrong, less dependent on reservoir temps like DWC. As many flood cycles per day as you wanna do, depending on how much media you want to use. More flood cycles, less media, results in bigger yields, but less wiggle room if your pump fails. Rocks that get flooded every 2 hours will die quickly with a failed pump, a couple gallons of rockwool croutons will buy you more time.

8 Likes

Finally someone else who believes in lightmovers

2 Likes

Hey bro, screw the grow shop trays. Get you a nice kiddie pool. It will save you about 230-260 bucks. It’s just round, I wonder if anyone is making square ones? That would be sweet.

I thinks the easiest is a bubble bucket. It sucks takin care of several separate buckets. Rdwc seems badass but I haven’t made one, but they get some awesome results. Ebb and flow tables are pretty simple and will crank out some plants quickly when your dialed in. I would suggest you doing a ebb and flow sea of green AND A dwc bubblebucket beside it and see which you like better. You can feed the same for both setups. man, it’s so cool now with all the gadgets you can pretty much get them almost full auto. It’s awesome that a little machine can auto adjust ph levels. I thinks it’s called a bluelab guardian. Hope I helped a bit.

5 Likes

I saw this crazy light mover the other day! It’s had THREE arms! And spins around. I was picturing a noob trying to rig up 3 1k’s on this thing in a tent and SMASHING a few plants to smithereens!

3 Likes

This is how I do DWC Overgrow folks. I have 2 separate rooms, veg & flower rooms with light movers in each rooms.

Clones/cuttings on a bathroom shelf

Veg room, veg nutes in these buckets…I keep the clones here for about a week at least.

The Flower room is all set up like the veg room but this room will only have flower nutes in the buckets. The net cups leaving the buckets in the veg room will be put in these buckets.

Time for them go in the flower room…so I take out the net cup and I put it in the waiting flower bucket in the other room.

After awhile this is my flower room…

These is how I do it folks…no res change…btw, after you put your veg clone in the flower room replace it with another clone/cuttings from the bathroom shelf…Hope this helps.

11 Likes

Nice bro! I been playing in coco and been absolutely loving it. It fast as shit and i don’t think I’ve been this close to dialed in.

My dwc grows got a little crazy! I’m vegged for 3 and a half weeks and then they just exploded! lol

3 Likes

Oh I wasn’t fixing to pay hydro shop prices. Good idea on the kiddy pool, better than the cement mixing tray idea I think.

2 Likes