Motaco Grows in Colorado

Thank you. I have always been interested in Mexican brick weed.

There is a great thread on IC called “siembra de chonga” by a member named “Sinaloa”. He has sent his seeds to the guys at Cannabiogen and they resell them. He is a commercial grower way up in the hills in Mexico. His thread is very interesting and informative.

He explains that the growers have switched to short flowering plants and that they try to get a crop out from seed to harvest in just a couple of months due to eradication efforts by the military. He says very few people there are interested in Sativas.

In the last twenty years there has certainly been a genetic shift from the old predominantly sativa plants, to a shorter and faster Indica dominant type plants which are more common now.

6 Likes

Terrible news guys. My plant that I have flowering is kicking balls out like a soccer player. Hermi for sure.

I am killing it, and all of its subsequent cuttings. These things happen when you grow from seed. Such is life. So I have two new cuttings from the other two mothers that I am preparing for flower in another couple of weeks. Fingers crossed that it’s sisters will not be hermi as well. Time will tell.

6 Likes

One of my clones is having some issues, and I’m not 100% sure why. I have a much healthier clone from the same mom, and I may well just kill this one and use that one.

This plant is a sister plant, same strain but different momma. It is far less effected, but still has the eagle claw flat leaves half way up for some reason. It is growing fine, and I have decided to flower it while I figure out what is going on with its sister. Here it is with my lettuce and green onions.

7 Likes

Welcome back to OG saw a recent post from the food thread and decided to check ya out CO peep here in the front range area just North of Fort Collins area glad to have ya here !

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for dropping in. My best friend and former grow partner lives in Fort Collins. I make it up there from time to time. After COVID we will have to meet up and swap some flower or something.

4 Likes

I try to keep regular updates. I killed the one plant that had ph issues. On purpose of course. I had the space and time to replace it with a cutting from the same mother plant, so I just started from scratch. I decided to LST this cutting so it would have time to grow out of some minor nutrient deficiencies and grow in a more productive way. This one is a sister plant, and also needs to prove itself to be pure female. I will start flowering it in another week or so.

My other cutting is going along pretty well. It has outgrown a mild Nitrogen toxicity and is now growing at a healthy pace. It is roughly two weeks into flower.

5 Likes

These pics are from a few days ago. It is roughly 30 days into flower and I am guessing they are almost half done. This plant turned out to be surprisingly Indica. It is staying quite short, and is pretty resinous.

I am waiting for a ph meter to feed. So far it has only had water. This plant is impressing me, and unfortunately I lost the cutting to it. I was over confident that I took enough cuttings, but then lost all of them to a fungus before the roots formed. I am a bit upset about it, but this is all a learning experience.

In the future I will certainly isolate the clones from one another. They were all sharing the same tub of water to root in, and the fungus spread. I know better, I just didn’t act like it. Lesson learned.

7 Likes

This plant is finishing much faster than I thought. It is week seven. I figure it will be chopped within the next two weeks. The hairs have already begun to turn. The calyxs on the top of the bud are swollen and ripe.

I fed it twice with a super low dose of General Organics bloom fertilizer. I am not even sure it needed it. The plant is a low feeder and hasn’t shown a hint of nutrient deprivation. I will just give it water as it finishes ripening. It doesn’t need anything else.

This plant has really been a blessing and I love it. It has outperformed all of my expectations. It is the finest version of “pretendica” that I have ever seen. Pretendica was a term from the old days that we dubbed Mexican seeds that had short flowering times like Indica strains, with the high and often leaf structure of more sativa plants. It has a generic skunky fuel smell with just a hint of fruit.

This is the sister plant. It is much larger and will enter flowering as of tomorrow.

9 Likes

Pretendica!! LOL! I love that!! It’s perfect. :sunglasses: :+1: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

The plant has been chopped. It finished very fast. It only took about 53 days and the trichomes were milky, and a bit of amber as well. It stayed short, it was flowered at ten inches and it finished at 14. The quality looks very nice. I will keep you guys updated.

On a different note, a more personal one, this grow has been really special to me. After about twenty years of growing I harvested a plant and took pictures in it where I didn’t have to hide my face out of fear. I am not a criminal for being a grower, and that feels amazing.

14 Likes

The sister plant is now about two weeks into flower. Fingers crossed there are no bananas.

5 Likes

Budding up around here.

I also have one of the pure Mexican heirloom going as well, and it is a female!

6 Likes

Smoke report is in, and it is really good stuff. The smell is rather nondescript. Smells like a melon to me. Maybe cantaloupe?

The high is upbeat and a bit racy. Slightly anxiety inducing. It is also very giggly.

I like the weed a lot, but my mom is absolutely in love with it. She thinks it is some of the best weed she has ever smoked and she keeps raving about it.

14 Likes

The other sister plant from my Mexican heirloom hybrid. This one is a little lower yielding. Probably from genetics, perhaps from some mistakes made during the grow. The buds might not be as big, but it has a similar level of frost and will also be very fast finishing. I am going to harvest in the next few days and should be around 55 days flowering.

7 Likes

My next plant going into flower is very nostalgic for me. I am sure some of you remember Lou. He is an old timer who has been at it for years. I am sure some of you remember him filling up his backyard in Florida every year. I am still in touch with Lou. He still has love for all of us old OG’ers , and I know he lurks the new OG forums. He has given me a few of his famous G13Haze seeds, and I have a nice female, and a beautiful male that I will breed to my pure Mexican. I am going to breed some super old school weed to share with the community here, and I will be giving away free clones on the Front Range.

Here is my lone female g13Haze.

e

And for you new members who don’t remember Lou. He was/is a legend. He has been growing since the late 70’s or early 80’s. He used to fill up his whole suburban back yard with about fifty pounds of weed twice a year. Got away with it too! For years, until he was busted. But legends never die. Lou is back out, and free, and his seeds are still being grown. By me if nobody else. image

15 Likes

Finally getting around to reproducing an early 90s heirloom Mexican given to me by a pen pal.

I have eleven un-sexed seedlings, and eight female clones to reproduce with. This will primarily be a seed run.

10 Likes

Sounds like fun.
Good to see you back posting!

:laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thanks Gpaw. I was up for a new adventure, and besides that I was given these seeds under the agreement that I would breed them and share. I definitely want to be true to my word. Too many seed testers run off.

The plants are roughly a week old, and some are showing excellent vigor.

8 Likes

Will be following this MoTaco, err Motaco!!!
Looks like nine female clones to me…

2 Likes

Thanks Sasquatch.

One of the clones is being kept as a mom.

2 Likes