Mumen Ryder's Mini Tents

The fabric pots on the intake is a cool idea. Do they seem to restrict the flow much?

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

The irrigation tubing looks pretty gnarly right now, but I’m still experimenting with a couple things. Once I’m confident in the placement of drippers I’ll cut them down in length so they don’t look so spaghetti everywhere… Other than that I’m happy with it :grin:

They definitely restrict some but not as much as you would think. I do have a way oversized exhaust fan for my space, but temperatures are same even if I close the vents and only use the covered ducts :+1:

3 Likes

So for the last 10 days the Early Amnesia CBD has just been foxtailing so I decided she was ready. 77 days of flower. Trichomes all cloudy but strangely no amber.

Couple shots before she came down:

She had a good reaction to being topped:

Root bound as all heck by the end, I’m actually glad to be done messing with hydroton for a while:

Good size colas and pretty heavy:

Hanging dry with a carbon filter:

Thanks for stopping by, and good luck in your gardens!

15 Likes

Very nice, thanks for sharing

Cheers
G

1 Like

Sweet harvest, nice chunky plant. Hydroton can be annoying, it looks like you dialed it in for that size of pot as much as you could.

The c99s are sweet they really have a distinctive jagged look. I was looking into finding a pure c99 for a while there and female seeds came up several times in my searching, they’re highly praised. Were they feminized?

3 Likes

Thanks man! For sure taking break from pebbles for a while.

The c99s are fems and have a pretty good rep on grow diaries website and was actually recommended to me by a couple people here. Like you said, they seem to be well liked :grin:

I ordered them directly from female seeds, and I put my mixed review of ordering from them here:

https://overgrow.com/t/seed-banks-who-can-we-trust/1921/1440

So far I’m happy with the c99s because they are very uniform. All are about same height within an inch, and have similar structure and spacing which is great in my small space… Hard to find strains sometimes where all the plants are so close in structure, so props to them for that :+1:

4 Likes

Yes that consistency is definitely a good sign that you have something stable there.

Some cool seeds from them there the mimosa and WW crosses should be interesting. They really loaded ya up on the freebies too!

2 Likes

Day 17 of flower for the C99s.

Did a final defoliation. Removed all the super thin branches and lower leaves. A few fans covering bud sites.

Normally might not remove so much, but humidity was a bit high in the tent and with it so crammed in there the extra airflow seems necessary.

14 Likes

Nice setup. I think you’ll like the FMS C99- tropical aromas and a nice calm, motivating, uplifting high. Liked it enough to keep a mom.

They will probably need some support later in flowering to support huge buds on flimsy stems.

3 Likes

Thanks!

The stems are pretty flimsy. I removed a bunch that were thin as paper clips. I appreciate the heads up, I’ve got some stuff on hand to support them when they start to fatten up👍

The high is really what I’m after… I like calm highs that don’t put you to sleep. Glad you found it nice enough to keep a mom :grin:

5 Likes

So after a year of doing recirculating systems, I’m actually really enjoying doing run to waste. Way less checking and adjusting pH and EC.

The only thing that’s been a downer was that I was using quite a bit more water. I was measuring run off almost every day, at the same time every day and the EC of the run off was rising all the time despite being only .9EC in the rez.

I was able to fix it by running tons of solution through the blocks daily, but that sucks…

I ended up trying drip clean by HnG, and I’m surprised to say it actually works!

Now I still measure run off at the same time every day, and the EC of the run off is very close to the EC of the rez. I’ve even reduced the drip times by 10 minutes a day and still not seeing EC of the run off rise. At least for now it looks like the problem is solved :+1:

Here are the c99s day 24 of flower. Two of them are really stretchy… Hoping they cool it soon. I should have super cropped them, but it happened so fast I just sort of missed it…

18 Likes

Nice and green! Looking good there @MumenRyder

2 Likes

They look awesome. Those more stretchy colas are off to the sides so that worked out pretty well. I love having taller nugs on the sides where they can get blasted top to bottom haha.

Cindys fast I think they’re done stretching and will begin packing on super dense buds now.

3 Likes

Started some new seeds from Cannaventure: Black Raspberry Kush (Raspberry Kush x Blackberry Kush)

I actually texted the breeder (name is Rusty) to ask him if this was a good strain for my space and style and he gave me the thumbs up.

Very cool guy, super nice…

I ordered 5 fems for about 70$ which felt steep, but actually got more than 20 fems… Ended up about 3.50$ a seed.

The raspberry mix pack says 12 fems, but probably has more…

I didn’t realize that there was 8 fems in my pack of the BRK. The label said 5 so I accidentally dropped all 8 seeds straight out of the bag into a shot glass with water…

All 8 germed and sprouted and 1 looked really wonky. Tiny cotyledons, burnt looking leaves right out the gate… so I culled it.

Here are the other 7. I had to cull the other 3 in the middle which sucked…

I’m really hoping these turn out well, I would love to be able to support a breeder who is within 2 hours drive.

I have a buddy on another forum who grows out Cannaventure stuff pretty much exclusively and I have always been impressed by his results, so here is hoping👍

C99s still going in my other tent. They are doing good, but I’m figuring a couple things out over there. I’ll try to post an update on those next week with a clear summary of what I’m learning growing in 4 inch cubes:

20 Likes

Dinafem Early Amnesia CBD Harvest/Smoke Report

We are 1 month after harvest now and a couple of surprises.

First, the nugs are super airy. Filled 6 jars with under 80 grams total.

The terps also changed pretty drastically. The lemon is still really strong, but the cleaner/candy terps gave way into really pronounced cake terps which was highly unexpected. Now she smells like lemon cake with hints of mango and tropical fruits.

The high is exactly what I was after. It’s like a cup of coffee without jitters. It’s actually a strange feeling for me personally to have such an intense alertness and focus without also getting anxious. The first few times I vaped the nugs I kept waiting for the sense of impending doom paired with harsh introspection and self judgement that comes with some strains, but it never shows up.

I enjoy this one so much I have overdone it in the evening more than once and given myself insomnia.

Overall I think she was so fluffy because of the issues I had growing in a tiny pot of hydroton. I’d like to try her again one day in a large rockwool cube and see how she does.

18 Likes

That sounds pretty spectacular to me. The fluffiness wouldn’t bother me in the slightest, personally. Not with smoke like that, at least.

Well done!

4 Likes

Thanks buddy! It’s the first strain in a long time I have gone after multiple times a day. In the afternoon if I start dragging and losing motivation it really is nice to have around. I try to stop after 7pm or I’ll be laying in bed planning tasks and etc.

I’ve never sought out cake terps, but paired with the lemon it’s nice and the flavor really comes through the first couple hits when I vape it via Dynavap.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it :grin:

11 weeks in flower is longer than I’m used to but the effect was worth the wait👍

8 Likes

I’d say you knocked that out of the park!

I have no prejudice against fluffy buds, if anything, they grind easier. Yes, they take up more jar space and that would be an issue for commercial operations.
Your smoke report (and photos) are great!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Sounds like a nice and unique smoke. Something really cool about cake flavors in weed haha

Your Cindy’s are fat! How far along are they?

4 Likes

I know the feeling all too well

And sounds like bud I’d enjoy

3 Likes