Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Nice looking jars. I use oats as they are really cheap, and a wide varietyof species will take to them.

5 Likes

I had a quick question about agar-tek and monospore/monoculture? Do you take what you consider to be the “champion” fruited from a flush, sterily biopsy on the stem under the cap, and drop in agar? How do you get the agar culture (I dont mean make and pour the agar but decide what will be cultured) and how do you decide what genes from which mushroom go in the agar?

3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

I take one from a large cluster of good looking fruits. You take the stem portion and cut in half then take a sliver of inside and place on agar.

I bought 10 agar plates on amazon. Cloned three fruits and then had the other 7 for transfers. I was able to use them all on oats.

7 Likes

Thanks when you say transfers you mean you transfer your established line from one agar dish to another? How much agar do you use to inoculate your first quart it grain jar? Thanks

4 Likes

Thats exactly right. Although I dont do clones with my fruit because I already have enough cultures from the first fruit I cloned and i’ve been isolating and testing the monocultures ever since. All of my fruit (and I think i’ve grown about 6 ounces by now) come from these tiny tissue samples.

You take a small piece of the agar for the best looking growth and transfer onto another plate and let that grow out. You wont know how well it will perform until you test it by fruiting it which is what I am in the process of doing currently.

I personally use half pint jars (450ml) as my quart jars I use for my cannabis is too big for my pressure cooker. I use 1 dish for every 2 jars. I cut a grid in the agar and then stab and pick up chunks and drop into the jars, and then shake like hell to get them distributed among the grain.

5 Likes

This might help:

4 Likes

Depends, you can transfer it to another Agar dish to isolate it more or put it to grain.

2 Likes

Learn more than one Agar recipe.
From what I’ve learned is that it’s better to change up it nutrients between transfers.
I start on an Oatmeal then a Potato Dextrose then Coffee.

2 Likes

these are great also

6 Likes

Yep the transfer is when the piece you cloned grows out. Take a tiny piece and place on a new agar plate.

You can use very little and it will colonize, it just takes longer. I use a half to a quarter plate for a quart. I did half gallons last and used the whole plate, beside the sliver I cut out for transfers.

5 Likes

This is great, everything I’ve read suggest that agar and slants are the way to go to build a lasting library. I had great success using grain to grain in a still air box with oat straw and pasteurized buffalo poo of all things- I grew out a tub of orissas, which is why I chose buffalo poo. Now I have the want to grow out lions mane, because it’s just so cool looking, but it’s wood lover, added technical challenges. So I want sufficient info on the agar before starting. Thanks so much!

6 Likes

Ooh right up my street, fuck micro dosing though I find shrooms too lethargic unless you have enough

4 Likes

I concur sir!

4 Likes

I get this too. From about 300mg to 2g it’ll just make me feel SO tired. Just over 3g was nice, and a little bit of CBD on the come down was :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I’m far from where you are but on and off I’ve been a keen mycologist going back as a guess to maybe 2007-8.
My friend was far more advanced using fish tank to get around a kilo.
At a point I was going to progress but other commitments and cash meant I never progressed to anything more than the small pf tek bags. Due to air exchange being a stumble cause juggling cash.
I’ve been really depressed lately and just came back on overgrow after a break.
Your thread made me go eureka they always give me that lust for life and it feels like a wheight has been lifted from my shoulders. I still have some yosterizii, koh samui, and a very small amount of Cambodians in my fridge. But I’m unsure whether still viable.
If I do fruit them I will need a new reptile heater I live in sub standard housing my landlord dosent do anything because he think he got me by balls. Because he thinks I’m growing loads of weed not just my personal.
I’m thinking of moving country at the end of year cause work is shit at mo cause COVID. So the most I’m going to invest in is a new reptile heater and bf rice cakes as no point in buying pressure cooker, and maybe some more spores if not viable, they have been in fridge for probably over a year maybe two I’m also going to apologise as I’ve been inactive and won’t be able to get through the hundreds of pages at mo.
People say a cube is a cube is a cube cause the psychedelics vary they say because you know what they are.
I disagree because my friend had mixed up what he gave me before more than once. And I’ve said no dude there your keepers creepers or no dude there your z-strain as everything goes a bit too immaculate for me on them, think the osman brothers are gonna pop out with big white teeth or something. Would you agree with this or would you say they are all the same?

2 Likes

Yeah I would find 3G a good bench mark too. As I was scrolling through see think medical Canada was saying he prefers lsd I too like lsd but prefer mushrooms, find mushrooms fool proof.
LSD has more potential for upset if you find your self in wrong setting. Especially if you find some idiot trying to freak you out.
I also like some phenethylamines although gave not tried the supposed grail 2cb as it was the only one that was illegal in Canada when we experimented. I’m UK but we ordered from Canada about 15 years ago, thing is you must stay within a small milligram amount depending on which on you take errowid is best place to find appropriate dose. Tct2 was my fave 2ce being quite nice 2ci too tame hallucinogenic but no euphoria, 2cp too lengthy got to allow 16 hours although your probably ok by hour 13- 14, but it only happened once but Alexander shulgin was not wrong with diarrhoea on eighth hour.
We used to joke about any mescaline based drugs that if you went to sit down toilet it was like the alien from aliens giving birth. Your rectal muscles never contracted back to where you felt comfortable lol. And I had at least one more but can’t remember.
But mushrooms by far my favourite. Was going to do some wood lovers outside here as we can only grow cubensis indoor here, cyanazyns maybe but getting lazy with looking it up. Have only tried our local semilanciata (liberty caps) twice but never had enough. Sorry to go on

5 Likes

Lions Mane fruiting from multispore innoculation of pressure cooked whole oats. When you can slide the “cake” out of the jar onto a saucer, cover the whole thing with a plastic bagggie, bottom open for air. Wet a paper towel & stick it to the inside for humidity. Works for cubies too.

5 Likes

Please excuse my inept operation of this crappy cellphone.

6 Likes

What the hell is that?!

4 Likes