Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Central American P. Cube. Multispore on oats.

8 Likes

A shoebox of P. Azures (someday). Substate is shedded aspen, they sell that for horse bedding.

6 Likes

People really don’t know what there looking at there man. I do. It’s a chamber to grow pychadelics. I think the BRF TEK. Would be doable

3 Likes

Man. Do your stuff. There are do alls

2 Likes

12 Likes

Where I live it’s tropical dairy country so the gold tops i.e. Psilocybe cubensis grow in numbers all year round… we call them cow shit oysters :joy:
HOWEVER I have noticed that they seem to be selective in which paddock they grow so I am beginning to wonder if the milking cows are fed antibiotics which stops the spores from growing as seem to only grow in the dry cow paddock, anyone else seen this?

5 Likes

Apologies if already asked but would hot temps explain why a second tub of the same “strain” took longer to fruit? Does it stall or slow in hot conditions?

5 Likes

Yeah there will be an optimal temperature that they grow in and you can stall if it goes either too hot or too cold. Other variables like ratio of spawn to sub, how many genetics within that “strain” (could be hundreds if from a syringe), how much moisture the sub has, the humidity, etc.

8 Likes

I’ve found that 78-80f works perfect… Anything over 82f is a contam breeding ground… Cooler temps will draw out the fruiting process just like hot temps will slow down/stop/kill the fruits …

Remember that the mycelium is under the ground and likes to be warm but not hot and the fruit body, though can be found in high temps, don’t really like those high temps 85-100f

7 Likes

Anyone have any extra spore prints for Mycology Microscopic Study (DM me.)?

3 Likes

Sporeworks,
Mushrooms.com

5 Likes

Send me an address and it’s on the way!

8 Likes

5 days later and I dont see any mycelium. Is this normal?

2 Likes

4 Likes

can take up to a couple weeks for myc to start showing from a syringe

5 Likes

You should of seen at least a little mycelium growing by now unless the bag got shaken accidentally.
Give it a couple of more days just in case it’s a slow starter.

4 Likes

Any shaking/ mixing was minimal. Although it’s in a bathroom cabinet and it’s around 76⁰F in there

2 Likes

Also it’s a 3lb bag of millet. Would the larger bag size cause longer colonization time?

2 Likes

Yea, could take up to 14 days to show signs… Since it’s a week in and no visible contams yet, I’d say just keep watching… Bound to surprise you in a day or 2

8 Likes

Yes, keep an eye out.
If you know about were you inoculated it that would be the best area to pay attention to.
As long as you’re not seeing any contamination then you should be good, for now.

6 Likes