Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

3 Likes

Do they all look like that? I’m not sure what’s going on there but doesn’t seem like mycelium.

1 Like

Looks a bit cobweb like. With the large droplets of water on the lid I would fan with lid a bit more

2 Likes

Did you use block coir? Idk just asking I’m kinda at a loss.

1 Like

I always rock chunks off a block do you use loose shred bags?

2 Likes

No not at all was thinking maybe that could be a problem. I need a hammer and screw driver or lry bar to break chunks off mine.

3 Likes

Me too. I use to try to weigh it as I broke chunks off but now just eye ball and into the hot water it goes. Do you have a preferred recipe?

2 Likes

I did use brick coir following BOD’s tek.

3 Likes

i thought so just eliminating options to help find a solution. I need help on this one honestly. Could have bern contams from many vectors been doing sone reading to find answers.

just now

5 Likes

What happen to the one in the pics? Corner turn green and then you scooped it out and now fruits are stalling out?

2 Likes

I got 2 flushes from the same cake before rehydrating it overnight. I soaked them 2 days ago. Mist and fan, now we got flush #3 :drooling_face:

Gandalf :mage:‍♂

4 Likes

That’s 100% cobweb if it looks light gray

4 Likes

4 Pumpkin Monkey Business from LC

4 Gandalf from agar

3 Likes

Nice! Such a fun hobby.

2 Likes

It’s white.

1 Like

Not at all they are growing nicely. Yes I scooped it out so I didn’t lose the whole box, but no I’ll results.

7 Likes

Oh, well then that’s beyond my expertise :joy::joy: maybe it’s just very strong tomentos mycelium?

2 Likes

Lots of people seem to have success by cutting out the contaminated portion of the substrate. Supposedly the fruits are unaffected by trichoderma. The one time I had trich during fruiting I just threw out the tub. I’ve gotten myself sick before from eating fruits that were improperly stored before drying, so I’m not going to take a chance on anything funky.

Yo @Tejas I agree with @GrowTheAtlas that it looks like cobweb. Mycelium shouldn’t get super fluffy like in the pic. And the myc wouldn’t grow an inch thick on top of the substrate like that. White/gray fluff is sus. How long was the tub in fruiting when that picture was taken? Cobweb grows a lot faster than mycelium.

Hey @420noob which brand of Coco coir did you use for that? Apologies if this was answered in a comment farther up. I tried to look back a ways but I’m on mobile so I may have missed it.
In case anyone doesn’t know, some brands of coco coir come with trichoderma added on purpose. This is to help plants when they are grown in coco. Some brands come with no trich added but I can’t remember off the top of my head which ones.

2 Likes

The ones we use are geared towards reptiles for just the reason. I use coco bliss

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 5000 replies. Continue discussion at Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc :mushroom: (Part 2).