Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

thumbnail_20230302_092534
thumbnail_20230302_092629

16 Likes

Looking good @ColeLennon

3 Likes

Thanks. I just got my gear for filling capsules. Going to fill some with Texas Yellow caps; john allen and creepers once they’re completely dry. I’m thinking about doing some of the John Allen ground up and mixed into a really nice jar of honey. Someone told me to do that on OG can’t remember. That way you can micro dose by just taking a small spoonful if you feel it, then just back off on the amount in the spoon.

6 Likes

You’re tellin me! I’ve been following for a while and still haven’t taken the leap. This bunch is wild. Lol.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

I find that size 0 capsules hold around 0.25g of ground mushroom powder, on average. That makes for very easy dosage and storage, and discrete transportation. 1 cap is enough for a day-brightening minidose or, if split between two people in a smoothie, a just barely perceptible microdose.

I grind mine by hand with a $30 edge/counter mounted grain mill like this:

:rainbow: :peace_symbol:
:mushroom:

9 Likes

Hi folks, I wanted to share this database with people maybe you all are familiar already but I just came across it and it’s very comprehensive!

5 Likes

Cheers man, that looks interesting :+1:

3 Likes

That sounds the perfect size for me and the misses, I use my coffee grinder to break mine up, the first batch of coffee grinds after doing the shrooms is always interesting and a bit like playing Russian roulette lol.

4 Likes

So I am trying another brand of grain bags and dung substrate. midwest organics.
Lower cost.
I knocked up 2- 2.2 lb grain bags with 3CC of florida white f+ each bag
My 3 lb grain bag I knocked up with 7CC of penis envy 6 is not looking like it is going anywhere. The 3 CC I put in a liquid culture jar is not moving either.
I’m going to leave them alone and see if they ever move.

2 Likes

Are your sterlizing your own grains or buying them sterelized?

Got some agar pics. So the best way to photograph petri dishes is to set them in a light source or back light them. I didn’t because my phone camera sucks so it doesn’t make a difference. Here’s some bad pics 3 are spores germinating from a swab streak 1 is an agar transfer and the other is a piece of colonized grain that I dropped on. They need to get cleaned up but 2 transfers or so and they will be E.R. clean

4 Likes

I’m buying them sterilized.

1 Like

I never had much success putting spores straight into grain bags. Once you have mycelium in a liquid culture its much hardier and Ive never had a problem using that to inoculate a grain bag.

2 Likes

The only grain bags I have screwed up are from obvious errors on my part.

2 Likes

Melmac APE: “so THAT’S where I left my choad”

12 Likes

@ColeLennon
Unless you already have one-
Look round for a good PC that can go to 15psi
By the time you’ve ordered a few sterilized grain bags you could have paid for a cooker and enable yourself to cook endless amounts of grain (and agar and LC and of course food )for next to nothing…just a idea.

3 Likes

I don’t really grow them enough to worry about it. Small tubs a few months in the winter. Keeps me in micro and macro doses. Appreciate it though. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :100: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Start growing some oysters if you got a little space -doesnt take much and the real bonus is the straw,bits of grain & mycelium you can recycle into some killer compost

2 Likes

If I ever start growing some oyster or lions mane. Something gourmet. I definitely need to up my game and do my own bags. I have been adding my mycelium tubs to my outdoor 30 gallon pots of coco/peat/perlite to reuse for this years outdoor.

3 Likes

Ive been trying to find melmac since I lost mine(forgot to swab) but an albino melmac wow or is that just a regular ape?

1 Like

19 Likes